• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rAndom

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Zelda top-down view games for mobile, I guess.

Wonder if they refer more to their older, unused IPs, like Advanced Wars and Mother.

Shirke

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
A Xenoblade 2 gacha game would be interesting since they are pretty much making it easy to base it off. It would be neat if they could make it 3D as well, like the Tales and Star Ocean gacha games.

Qubie

Oct 25, 2017
I can see mobile Paper Mario, since Intelligent Systems already have some experience with Fire Emblem Heroes

Rainrir

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
One issue with Xenoblade is that it doesn't have enough IP strength to really sell that much? It seems like a chronic underperformer in Japan.

Its the opposite of effortless since It will have to be marketed to sell.

Maybe something like Mario RPG..

ggx2ac

Sales Heaven or Sales Hell?
Oct 25, 2017
For relevance.

From back in June:

https://twitter.com/mochi_wsj/status/879180907990491137

DDN6BBJUIAIHfnt.jpg

Edit: I can confirm ACPC is meaty in content.

Imran

Oct 24, 2017
Yeah, I had been hearing the development hell stories of AC for a while now. Surprised it came out looking as decent as it does.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I had been hearing the development hell stories of AC for a while now. Surprised it came out looking as decent as it does.
wonder what kind of trouble they have been running into. maybe something like retooling after Mario Run and FE Heroes' performances? or an issue with how "full game" it feels?

poptire

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I can see the Mario and Luigi RPGs going mobile since people haven't liked the last couple as far as I've read.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
But the grimdark one is the one that ruined the series.

Fortunately Tiny Metal and Wargroove are coming.
you say ruined, I say it was one of the best games in the series. the franchise was already on a decline anyway, so I'd be hard-pressed to say it "killed" it. more like it didnt resuscitate it

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
Their Q2 results and the accompanying briefing are on Monday. Wonder if they'll confirm Zelda then.

If I were to choose an aspect of Zelda to adapt for bite-size pick-up-and-play sessions, it would definitely be the dungeons, in the form of single-screen puzzles. Probably not the easiest genre to monetize, though.

Jenoss

Oct 26, 2017
i'm still playing and loving feh since febbruary.
i hope they will put more and more effort in their mobile sector without hurting the other ones.

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA
K so, what's with the random bump of a 2 year old thread?
Well, since someone bumped this thread, let's discuss!

In the past 2 years since this was reported by WSJ, we got Dragalia Lost as mobile RPG. I'm not sure what other RPGs was listed for mobile.

I'm also surprised WSJ's report on Animal Crossing being delayed and rebooted, so they put in features learned from the past 2 games. It didn't mention if it's City Folk, Wild World, or New Leaf. What lessons were learnt to improve Animal Crossing?

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm extremely curious what the development story is behind Mario Kart Tour. The game had quite the lengthy delay from when it was expected to be out, the handling of the beta seemed odd, then there's also the rumors that Pocket Camp was itself in dev hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.