• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Crono

Oct 25, 2017
Ugh.. i cant keep getting out of 50 attitude... Everytime i join promotion like get it to 54. I do one thing goes up and then do a match and goes down. IDK what to do, it is quite annoying.

Crono

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a way to retire or reset your career. I see something about backuping rosters but i don't want to lose the characters i unlocked

not_smiff

Oct 31, 2017
Anybody else game get stuck at the MDickie start screen when starting it up? I can't go pass the start screen for some reason

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
While I was searching for the above problem, I saw that real double team moves are coming.

Weird. I nave 24gb free on the system and 455gb on my sd card. I deleted and re-downloaded and still and an issue.

Hm, can't see anyone else talking about it outside of save space. Try moving it to the internal storage if it's on the SD as the amount of space might be freaking it out weirdly. I've seen that happen with a small game before.

not_smiff

Oct 31, 2017
While I was searching for the above problem, I saw that real double team moves are coming.

Hm, can't see anyone else talking about it outside of save space. Try moving it to the internal storage if it's on the SD as the amount of space might be freaking it out weirdly. I've seen that happen with a small game before.

Moved it and still stuck smh.

Crono

Oct 25, 2017
Cant wait for double moves. Hopefully they add move weapons like in his past game AND GM MODE!!!!!

Santar

Oct 27, 2017
Norway
Went into the demo with an open mind, but the gameplay was just too bad for me. It just feels awful to play.
Real shame since the story mode from what I've been reading in here sounds pretty great.
It sounds like it's dynamic and procedurally generated?
Has there been any other decent wrestling games with similar dynamic generated story modes?
Imagine the aki engine with this type of story mode? One can dream.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The career glitched and now I'm my own tag partner in the menu. Been called to play something else, so I'm just interested to see if that actually happens in a tag match...

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
Went into the demo with an open mind, but the gameplay was just too bad for me. It just feels awful to play.
Real shame since the story mode from what I've been reading in here sounds pretty great.
It sounds like it's dynamic and procedurally generated?
Has there been any other decent wrestling games with similar dynamic generated story modes?
Imagine the aki engine with this type of story mode? One can dream.
I think it's suppose to be janky and botchy by design. It's pretty much Botchamania The Game. I'm actually having lots of fun and laughs with it, and this is coming from a big wrestling game fan.

Ninetiesboy

Oct 27, 2017
Once you get your agility up and can fly out the ring and springboard off the ropes, the game plays a MILLION times better. It just opens up so many more possibilities.

Oh, and grappling from the ground is a must!

Dr. Zoidberg

Oct 25, 2017
Decapod 10
This game is such a pleasant surprise. When I saw it on the eShop I thought it looked like a janky homage to the N64 wrestling games so I put it on my wishlist to wait for a deep discount. I somehow missed the fact that it had a demo. Then I came here and saw the thread which notified me of the demo so I went back and tried it. I bought the game immediately afterwards.

I love that the roster is filled with mostly recognizable wrestlers who have been altered in some easily correctable way (hair color, facial hair, etc.) and the fake hint-names are often hilarious. I've had a lot of fun just going through the roster and playing "guess the wrestler". That being said, is there a list somewhere that has the fake wrestler to real wrestler conversions? There are a few I can't figure out.

Also, does it default to the most violent settings or do I need to adjust something? The names for the setting aren't super-clear to me.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017

Dr. Zoidberg

Oct 25, 2017
Decapod 10
If you're talking about blood and stuff I'm guessing it's controlled with Options->Display->Gore, which can be set to None.

Right, but what do the options mean? "None" is obvious, but the others are spurts, stains, facial scars, and body scars. I want all the above but you can only pick one. Which one is the highest setting/most gore?

Also, what does the "Photography" setting do?

Oct 25, 2017
I have backed up and restored rosters and my unlocks stayed. I have done this a couple of times so far and it keeps names and other changes as you have them modified to the wrestlers.

It even brought Thrash back from the dead, which is what I really wanted. I didn't MEAN to kill him in our match...

japtor

Jan 19, 2018
Right, but what do the options mean? "None" is obvious, but the others are spurts, stains, facial scars, and body scars. I want all the above but you can only pick one. Which one is the highest setting/most gore?

Also, what does the "Photography" setting do?
Oh presumably a left to right scale basically, I think it's set to the most by default (body scars?), cause I've definitely seen everything else in matches with that setting.

No damn clue on the photo setting, I assume something with the backgrounds/audiences or something.

Quacktion

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
How do you win first blood lmao been at it for an hour and even a ref showed up but I cant end it.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
I posted about these too. They are a massive pain. I absolutely battered my opponent with weapons, putting them through tables, etc, and eventually won one. I hope these get tweaked because it must have taken me about an hour.

I feel like at some point I would just give up and walk to the back and forfeit the match lol

I've done that with a couple of matches that I truly couldn't be fucked with so far. There was a time where I wanted to be dropped by the fake WWE and Vince had set me a target to up my winning percentage so I just instantly walked out of two or three matches and he released me!

krpiper

Oct 28, 2017
I feel like at some point I would just give up and walk to the back and forfeit the match lol

I've done that with a couple of matches that I truly couldn't be fucked with so far. There was a time where I wanted to be dropped by the fake WWE and Vince had set me a target to up my winning percentage so I just instantly walked out of two or three matches and he released me!
Whoa I had no idea you can just quit a match like that! I'll definitely keep that in my back pocket

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Holy shit, whoever said that it got real fun when you put a bunch of points into Agility wasn't wrong. Gone for flippy shit for my second career mode run and it's super fun bouncing off the ropes all of the time!

Just had an absolute manic 10 man tag match for my second ever match at wrestling school. Seemed a bit much.

Crono

Oct 25, 2017
Just saw the new patch, happy how quickly its been updated. Hopefully he continues.

japtor

Jan 19, 2018
Is there a patch note somewhere?
v1.0.2
- Wider selection of corner moves includes strikes.
- Dedicated new double-team moves if 2 people grab an opponent at the same time.
- More storylines and podcast topics.
- A priority system prevents too many crowd sounds cancelling each other out in highly populated matches!
- The title theme is restored to its correct pitch after matches.
- Tag partners are not allowed to interfere so often.
- Referees follow hardcore matches out of the ring.
- Hardcore gimmicks now use more weapons.
- Team-based ironman matches now correctly identify the leader/winner.
- Facial scars don't disappear in "First Blood" matches to help those end quicker.
- Escaping the cage is slightly easier.
- Announcers are automatically added to exhibitions to meet the quota you set in the options, and they also now appear in backstage locations.
- Using the "Hard Camera" angle backstage now faces the tunnel instead of getting stuck in it.
- Training gains use less energy.
- "Cloning" options are available during a career, and now include reverting recent changes.
- It is now possible to change your facial features during a career (at an inflated cost to imply cosmetic surgery!).
- Where the "Build" option cannot be changed, it now at least reveals your age/height/weight.
- Names that begin with "Z" are correctly alphabetized.
- Starting the game with insufficient disk space should warn the user that this is the issue, and allow the game to proceed without saving progress.
- Age ratings have been down-graded in every region, which now allows the game to be distributed in New Zealand with a 13 OFLC rating.

Puffy

Banned
Dec 15, 2017
This game is very good. I hope he continues to update it with new moves and the storyline becomes even more ambitious

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
I still fucking love this game. I've got like 40 hours in it.

Pleased to see 'change facial features durung a campaign' in there now. I had a character who's beard I could never change because if I removed it his face still had the geometry of a beard there!

Anyone else sack off the revolving camera thing straight away? I just have it set to a static hard cam and it feels loads better.

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
I picked this up after a friend of mine started streaming the career mode and god it's so much fun.

Anyone else sack off the revolving camera thing straight away? I just have it set to a static hard cam and it feels loads better.
I might eventually, but for now the camera being terrible is adding to the feel for me.

Dr. Zoidberg

Oct 25, 2017
Decapod 10
I love the game but my biggest complaint is the lack of moves. He has Mr. Perfect in there which is great because he was my fave, but there's no fisherman suplex finisher so playing as him is not as fun as it could be. In other games I always say "And now you're gonna see...a Perfect-plex!" before I pin them with my finisher but I can't here and it's disappointing.

Pancakes R Us

Oct 27, 2017
I love the game but my biggest complaint is the lack of moves. He has Mr. Perfect in there which is great because he was my fave, but there's no fisherman suplex finisher so playing as him is not as fun as it could be. In other games I always say "And now you're gonna see...a Perfect-plex!" before I pin them with my finisher but I can't here and it's disappointing.
Just say it and pretend you've done it ;)

japtor

Jan 19, 2018
Could try emailing him 🤷‍♂️. I heard he reads and responds to emails but not any social media stuff.

...maybe I should ask him to fix the camera so you're not totally blocked out when you're on the outside.