• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

gachapin

Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
Tried 3 runs tonight and 3'44"492 is the best. I think I have many areas to improve my time but I have to put down the controller tonight.

Yeah, played for another hour with headlights on and it does not make a difference at all in that section. You are on XBOX as well then?
And op_ivy, please don't feel pressured at all, not by me and especially not Kenya. That part is hell. It's better with hood/street cam, I switch to that perpective in that section, I feel I am driving much smoother now, but still lose a lot of time. Baby steps and all.
I also got better at not reving the 1st gear so much too.
I'm on PS5 120hz club for this game.

OP
OP
Tappin Brews

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
I actually quite like the last half of the stage, its the really wide, flat, and open areas I dislike. Of course that blazing African sun and reduced visibility plays a part in my distaste for the location in general. I am excited to see Rally Kenya's return to real WRC this year though (and hey - the 2021 season kicks off TODAY in monte Carlo!)

Anyway, here's my clip.

A little sloppy in parts, but I think I did a good job of flowing from one corner to the next - setting the car up after each to help approach the next. There's quite a bit here that you can almost drive straight through successive corners, cutting slightly. I think you'll also see the benefit of manual, I'm in 3rd for the majority of this section (though I might be fast if I more aggressively down shift for higher revs, I find personally that shifting less helps me carry more speed).

Colfari

#TeamThierry
Nov 13, 2017
Germany
Tried 3 runs tonight and 3'44"492 is the best. I think I have many areas to improve my time but I have to put down the controller tonight.

I'm on PS5 120hz club for this game.
That is quite good for your first 3 runs, and awesome to hear about the PS5 120 fps. I can really recommend doing videos (you don't have to upload or share them, though I'd be interested in seeing them as mentioned earlier) an watch your own runs, you'll benefit from that, I promise. If you're interested in +1 in your friends list, let me know. 😊
I actually quite like the last half of the stage, its the really wide, flat, and open areas I dislike. Of course that blazing African sun and reduced visibility plays a part in my distaste for the location in general. I am excited to see Rally Kenya's return to real WRC this year though (and hey - the 2021 season kicks off TODAY in monte Carlo!)

Anyway, here's my clip.

A little sloppy in parts, but I think I did a good job of flowing from one corner to the next - setting the car up after each to help approach the next. There's quite a bit here that you can almost drive straight through successive corners, cutting slightly. I think you'll also see the benefit of manual, I'm in 3rd for the majority of this section (though I might be fast if I more aggressively down shift for higher revs, I find personally that shifting less helps me carry more speed).

Excellent, thank you. It's quite a difference with MT, just from the sound alone, and looks pretty smooth to me how you handle those corners. I am almost proud that I was able to take some the same as you did.

OP
OP
Tappin Brews

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
New weekly is up, and it's a fun one! Argentina - Cuchilla Nevada reverse

My first time has me in 1st on the xbox leaderboard... by over 23 seconds! (The event must have literally just gone live LOL)

i20 WRC, 4'28"946
i20 WRC, 4'26"943

Last edited:

gachapin

Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
My very first run at 5'05"584.
Wow I do like this event. I will try this event more this weekend for sure. I'm sure I can improve at least 20sec or something since I got +10sec penalty in this run.
WRC-9-FIA-World-Rally-Championship-20210122220027.png

If you're interested in +1 in your friends list, let me know. 😊
Yes, but I don't think having me on your friend list will give you any benefit. So far, my time is always like 30-60sec behind you. I need more rookie players like me in this thread.

OP
OP
Tappin Brews

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
I'm getting a game update - anyone know what this is about or can link me to patch notes?

Colfari

#TeamThierry
Nov 13, 2017
Germany
Yes, but I don't think having me on your friend list will give you any benefit. So far, my time is always like 30-60sec behind you. I need more rookie players like me in this thread.
I don't care about that (getting benefits that is), but it's more fun this way and is just an incentive for me to play it more. I tried the last event for over 3 hours before I got the Top Ten placement (I had nothing better to do tbh). I am not particulary good at this.
Will send you a friend request when I get home in about 4 hours (in case you have blocked getting friend requests from strangers, which I personally have), if you don't accept it it's fine, don't want to put you on the spot or anything. Looking forward to the new challenge, have not played Argentina before.
I'm getting a game update - anyone know what this is about or can link me to patch notes?
WRC 9 | FIA Rally Star Update Patch Notes
Hello everyone,
A new update for WRC 9 is now live on the Epic Games Store, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S. Here are the version numbers of the update for each platforms.
  • Epic Games Store (PC): 1.0.43.4
  • PlayStation 4: 1.07
  • Xbox One: 1.5.0.0
  • PlayStation 5: 1.03
  • Xbox Series X|S: 2.0.1.2
This update is the bedrock for the upcoming FIA Rally Star programme but also fixes some issues you've reported us such as the the drop of frame-rates while using a steering wheel on next-gen consoles.
You can find the its complete content through the Patch Notes below.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FIA Rally Star Mode
Note: This mode and its content will only be available through the purchase of the FIA Rally Star DLC, which is coming at a later date on the Epic Games Store, PlayStation Store and Microsoft Store.
  • FIA Rally Star new game mode
  • A new track
  • A brand new car: M-Sport Ford Fiesta Rally 3 (Team FIA Rally Star)
General Fixes
  • Resolved an issue where only the aerodynamic parts and tires could be damaged.
  • Resolved an issue where a light could be seen clipping through the ground in Training C2.
  • Resolved a crash when selecting a car in the showroom and selecting the photo mode during the loading
  • Various level design and collision fixes.
  • Resolved log in error when no internet connection.
  • Fixed various crash linked to photo mode.
  • Resolved various menu navigation issues.
PlayStation 4 specific fixes
  • Fixed wrong color of a couple of trophies icons.
PlayStation 5 specific fixes
  • Fixed an issue with the Balanced Mode.
  • Resolved an issue where a punctured tire could do sparkles if the other tire on the same axle is destroyed.
  • Fixed wrong color of a couple of trophies icons.
  • The Thrustmaster T80 Steering Wheel is now supported.
Xbox Series X|S specific fixes
  • Fixed an issue with the Balanced Mode.
  • Fixed issue with the reverse not working on various shifter.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Tappin Brews

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
I don't care about that (getting benefits that is), but it's more fun this way and is just an incentive for me to play it more. I tried the last event for over 3 hours before I got the Top Ten placement (I had nothing better to do tbh). I am not particulary good at this.
Will send you a friend request when I get home in about 4 hours (in case you have blocked getting friend requests from strangers, which I personally have), if you don't accept it it's fine, don't want to put you on the spot or anything. Looking forward to the new challenge, have not played Argentina before.

Thanks!

"...also fixes some issues you've reported us such as the loss performances while using the Balanced Mode." Oh thank god!

And do we have any idea what the FIA rally star paid DLC is? First I've heard of it.

EDIT Also, thank you for the reddit link. I don't browse that site, had no idea this is where developer communication seems to be happening.

Daimon

Chief Editor at ZWAME
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Don't quote me on this, but I think this fixed the screen tearing on PS5. At least I didn't noticed any in the 3 rallies I've done so far with this patch. They say "fixed an issue with the Balanced Mode" in the patch notes so maybe that's the case.

Colfari

#TeamThierry
Nov 13, 2017
Germany
Thanks!

"...also fixes some issues you've reported us such as the loss performances while using the Balanced Mode." Oh thank god!

And do we have any idea what the FIA rally star paid DLC is? First I've heard of it.

EDIT Also, thank you for the reddit link. I don't browse that site, had no idea this is where developer communication seems to be happening.
No idea about the DLC as well, and I don't usually browse reddit, but developers on "smaller" game seem to be more active there since I could not find anything about the patch notes on their site (at least in my experience with other games).
Don't quote me on this, but I think this fixed the screen tearing on PS5. At least I didn't noticed any in the 3 rallies I've done so far with this patch. They say "fixed an issue with the Balanced Mode" in the patch notes so maybe that's the case.
That would be great, definitely was noticeable before (got it constantly when turning for corners for example). But switched to 120hz anyways, still glad that they seem to have fixed it.
And damn, I did quote you on this now.

Last edited:

gachapin

Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo

My account is open for getting messages and friend requests so feel free to add me.

Colfari

#TeamThierry
Nov 13, 2017
Germany
Had a couple of runs, best time is 4:38,859 so far. Was hovering around 4:43 for a bit (2 or 3 runs), changed tyres to hard, immediately made up 4 seconds, changed back to soft and that's my current best. Track is alright, don't enjoy it as much as OP and gachapin (maybe it's the grey/brown color palette).

OP
OP
Tappin Brews

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
The patch nicely cleaned up performance on XSX as well and I was able to improve my time by a couple seconds.

4'24"395 (3rd on xbox, +3 seconds to leader). Still feels like I could be quite a bit quicker in the rocky area just over the bridge but before the water crossing about 2/3s of the way through the stage.

Colfari

#TeamThierry
Nov 13, 2017
Germany
I changed back to balanced mode, just to see if the screen tearing is indeed gone or at least better as Daimon said, and I can confirm: not a single instance of it happening. Even repeated the Kenya stage where I noticed it before and it is indeed gone. Have not played all tracks, so maybe it will pop up sometimes in other stages, but so far looking very good. Quite impressed with the work the devs are putting into it tbh.
And I really don't know how you manage 4:24 in that stage op_ivy, that is quite remarkable. It's at 4:22 for the top spot on PSN right now btw.

OP
OP
Tappin Brews

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
I changed back to balanced mode, just to see if the screen tearing is indeed gone or at least better as Daimon said, and I can confirm: not a single instance of it happening. Even repeated the Kenya stage where I noticed it before and it is indeed gone. Have not played all tracks, so maybe it will pop up sometimes in other stages, but so far looking very good. Quite impressed with the work the devs are putting into it tbh.
And I really don't know how you manage 4:24 in that stage op_ivy, that is quite remarkable. It's at 4:22 for the top spot on PSN right now btw.

There are a lot of places you can carry a lot more speed than you might think. As an example, you can drive basically flatout from the start until the right 1 (I do tap the brake on the right 4 prior) and even the right 1 you can take in 3rd with a big cut.

If you, or anyone else!, want to post a replay I'd be happy to offer whatever feedback I'm able. Unlike the Kenya stage, I've already put some time into this stage.

Colfari

#TeamThierry
Nov 13, 2017
Germany
There are a lot of places you can carry a lot more speed than you might think. As an example, you can drive basically flatout from the start until the right 1 (I do tap the brake on the right 4 prior) and even the right 1 you can take in 3rd with a big cut.

If you, or anyone else!, want to post a replay I'd be happy to offer whatever feedback I'm able. Unlike the Kenya stage, I've already put some time into this stage.
If I were able to ❤ a comment here I'd do so. Will put some more time into the stage on the weekend, maybe I'll post a video. Thanks for doing the OT by the way, I am not posting much here on era if you take a look at my post count, but the way you're welcoming everyone and give feedback is really great, very much appreciated.

OP
OP
Tappin Brews

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
If I were able to ❤ a comment here I'd do so. Will put some more time into the stage on the weekend, maybe I'll post a video. Thanks for doing the OT by the way, I am not posting much here on era if you take a look at my post count, but the way you're welcoming everyone and give feedback is really great, very much appreciated.
👍

I'm glad there are people to race with and chat about the game! It really felt like I was the only in the OT for quite a while LOL

Daimon

Chief Editor at ZWAME
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
This is the best stage of the Rally Argentina. At least for me. I doubt that I'll finish the event on top 10 on PS5 leaderboards but for now I'm pretty happy with the result.

WRC-9-FIA-World-Rally-Championship-weekly-event-scaled.jpg

OP
OP
Tappin Brews

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
This is the best stage of the Rally Argentina. At least for me. I doubt that I'll finish the event on top 10 on PS5 leaderboards but for now I'm pretty happy with the result.

WRC-9-FIA-World-Rally-Championship-weekly-event-scaled.jpg

Great time!

And I must be crazy, but I love Argentina and all its ultra narrow rocky areas. This stage lacks those but flows so well.

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Here's my time

fb3a7756-d91a-4112-b5wkt4.jpeg

lol those kinks at the end got me good, twice! But whatever. I usually don't like Argentina stages in rally games but this one was delightful. Also a trophy popped I assume I've officially raced in all the locations now 😂

also yeh after the patch the game somehow looks prettier I dunno

OP
OP
Tappin Brews

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
Here's my time

lol those kinks at the end got me good, twice! But whatever. I usually don't like Argentina stages in rally games but this one was delightful. Also a trophy popped I assume I've officially raced in all the locations now 😂

Any particular reason you're racing a R5 car?

Colfari

#TeamThierry
Nov 13, 2017
Germany
Played this track a couple of times today, hardly any progress, about 2 seconds, now at 4:36, 382, that is 14 on the ps leaderboard (and there are 490 entries so far). And since I am sure most of the top drivers drive manual transmission (Daimon feel free to weigh in on this, you're still in the Top Ten btw and I dont think that will change), I am pretty satisfied with that. Wanted to post a screenshot, but someone else who posts here would be on it, and maybe he wants to post it himself, I don't want to spoil his fun. And that's a pretty good time btw, that is a high-five from me (in case you are reading this).
I still turn in to corners way too late sometimes, have to get that out of my system. Also reving up gears particular on this track is something I need to work more on. I got better on this on the Kenya track, but still not coming to grips with it on this track.
Also played the german stages today, and those are pretty fun even if they are pretty hard, but this leads me to a question: how often do you usually use the handbrake, I almost exclusively use them on hairpin turns and not much else, is this something I should work on?

OP
OP
Tappin Brews

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
Played this track a couple of times today, hardly any progress, about 2 seconds, now at 4:36, 382, that is 14 on the ps leaderboard (and there are 490 entries so far). And since I am sure most of the top drivers drive manual transmission (Daimon feel free to weigh in on this, you're still in the Top Ten btw and I dont think that will change), I am pretty satisfied with that. Wanted to post a screenshot, but someone else who posts here would be on it, and maybe he wants to post it himself, I don't want to spoil his fun. And that's a pretty good time btw, that is a high-five from me (in case you are reading this).
I still turn in to corners way too late sometimes, have to get that out of my system. Also reving up gears particular on this track is something I need to work more on. I got better on this on the Kenya track, but still not coming to grips with it on this track.
Also played the german stages today, and those are pretty fun even if they are pretty hard, but this leads me to a question: how often do you usually use the handbrake, I almost exclusively use them on hairpin turns and not much else, is this something I should work on?

I use the handbrake whenever I need the rear to step out. Usually for hairpins, but not even always for these unless "acute". Very occasionally on 2 or 3's if the car just doesn't want to rotate enough.

Manual is especially nice to short shift when grip is low and/or coming out of hairpins.

Do you find yourself feathering the gas much, or is it more black and white, full throttle / no throttle?

Colfari

#TeamThierry
Nov 13, 2017
Germany
I use the handbrake whenever I need the rear to step out. Usually for hairpins, but not even always for these unless "acute". Very occasionally on 2 or 3's if the car just doesn't want to rotate enough.

Manual is especially nice to short shift when grip is low and/or coming out of hairpins.

Do you find yourself feathering the gas much, or is it more black and white, full throttle / no throttle?
That's a good tip for these 2 or 3 corners, will try to implement it. And mostly full throttle / no throttle, wore out plenty of r2 buttons in my life time. I am getting better at coasting through corners, but not the best when I should use maybe half throttle. I tense up so easily when I want to put in a good effort, and it's usually the first thing that gets thrown out unconsciously, happens all the time on the Argentina stage. So many corners where you can send the car crashing or flipping over, I need to relax more, but don't know how to get there.
Edit: you mentioned getting the flow feels great at this stage, and I'd say I got there eventually in Kenya, but don't always want to spend 3 or 4 hours on one track to achieve it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Tappin Brews

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
That's a good tip for these 2 or 3 corners, will try to implement it. And mostly full throttle / no throttle, wore out plenty of r2 buttons in my life time. I am getting better at coasting through corners, but not the best when I should use maybe half throttle. I tense up so easily when I want to put in a good effort, and it's usually the first thing that gets thrown out unconsciously, happens all the time on the Argentina stage. So many corners where you can send the car crashing or flipping over, I need to relax more, but don't know how to get there.
Edit: you mentioned getting the flow feels great at this stage, and I'd say I got there eventually in Kenya, but don't always want to spend 3 or 4 hours on one track to achieve it.

I honestly think pushing 100% on these stages with infinite restarts is not the way to learn and doesn't even give you skills that translate well to career. Set a time you are comfortable with, then spend the rest of the week playing campaign with the goal of cruising at a 80% to not make errors. Turning off the UI for split times can help you to not focus/worry about how fast/slow you may be going too. That, IMO, is the best way to help you establish a flow, no matter the stage or how much practice you've had with it.

Colfari

#TeamThierry
Nov 13, 2017
Germany
I honestly think pushing 100% on these stages with infinite restarts is not the way to learn and doesn't even give you skills that translate well to career. Set a time you are comfortable with, then spend the rest of the week playing campaign with the goal of cruising at a 80% to not make errors. Turning off the UI for split times can help you to not focus/worry about how fast/slow you may be going too. That, IMO, is the best way to help you establish a flow, no matter the stage or how much practice you've had with it.
That's good advice, as I mentioned I started playing other stages (in quickplay) today instead of focusing on the weekly challenge, and really should continue my camapign, has been on the back burner for the last 2 weeks. Thanks.

gachapin

Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
Here's my time

Wish there was a leaderboard for each category or I can filter it by the class at least. I'm still in WRC3 in the career mode and I'd like to do the weekly challenge with the car I'm using in the career mode.

OP
OP
Tappin Brews

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
Wish there was a leaderboard for each category or I can filter it by the class at least. I'm still in WRC3 in the career mode and I'd like to do the weekly challenge with the car I'm using in the career mode.

Its a strange omission (one of MANY unfortunately)

EDIT: Just realized I couldn't now race with a different class car and even see a time I'd post unless it beat my best WRC time. So stupid that you can't see every run's time at literally the very least.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Tappin Brews

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
When are they updating the January esport leaderboard on the wrc website?

EDIT: That start line timer drove me crazy. I knew there were stages where I'd incorrectly get a 10 sec penalty! Thank god for that fix.

Colfari

#TeamThierry
Nov 13, 2017
Germany
Spend the week continuing my career, finished a full year now (switched teams in my first year early on), played 4 more stages, New Zealand, Germany, Finland and Japan, and I am getting a better understanding of aspahlt tracks, so there is progress at least. Japan is even my favorite rally now, looks absolutely gorgeous, beautiful environment and such a joy to play (Finland as well with all the jumps but it surely is easier than other stages). Germany was pure torture, had to take a break of 2 days, was getting frustrated with it, I apologize on behalf of my home country. I had to lower the difficulty there, mainly for trophy reasons I have to admit. Have not touched the weekly challenge since my last post, so no update there. Curious to see what the next one will be.

Colfari

#TeamThierry
Nov 13, 2017
Germany
This popped up in my recommendations today, and since I described the german stages as pure torture, I just realized that I just suck at this. I mean, how is this even possible? I can't keep the car straight at all, he makes it look almost effortlessly, especially with this camera and using a wheel (makes me miss mine). I really need to tinker with the setup.

OP
OP
Tappin Brews

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
This popped up in my recommendations today, and since I described the german stages as pure torture, I just realized that I just suck at this. I mean, how is this even possible? I can't keep the car straight at all, he makes it look almost effortlessly, especially with this camera and using a wheel (makes me miss mine). I really need to tinker with the setup.

The daily is a nice long German with the i20. Just saying :)
(I posted a time that got me 8th, but didn't jot it down)

EDIT: That's actually the stage in your video!

I really like Germany, the issue is is that the pad controls are a bit twitchy still for how fast and narrow some sections are and the AI seems hardest here of all the rallys. By far.

Colfari

#TeamThierry
Nov 13, 2017
Germany
The daily is a nice long German with the i20. Just saying :)
(I posted a time that got me 8th, but didn't jot it down)

EDIT: That's actually the stage in your video!

I really like Germany, the issue is is that the pad controls are a bit twitchy still for how fast and narrow some sections are and the AI seems hardest here of all the rallys. By far.
You think some of the twitchiness could be compensated with a proper setup? Or tweaking the gamepad settings? Did you change anything? Can't remember if you posted something about it earlier, I think you mentioned once that you have not changed anything with the gamepad controls, but could be wrong. There was definitely a discussion about it in this thread, will probably re-read it. And Top Ten for your run sounds rather excellent.

OP
OP
Tappin Brews

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
You think some of the twitchiness could be compensated with a proper setup? Or tweaking the gamepad settings? Did you change anything? Can't remember if you posted something about it earlier, I think you mentioned once that you have not changed anything with the gamepad controls, but could be wrong. There was definitely a discussion about it in this thread, will probably re-read it. And Top Ten for your run sounds rather excellent.

I don't. Maybe a slight improvement could be found - it's just the way the game is. WRC 8 was much worse in this regard.

I think a wheel would help loads for Germany and setting good times.

Colfari

#TeamThierry
Nov 13, 2017
Germany
I don't. Maybe a slight improvement could be found - it's just the way the game is. WRC 8 was much worse in this regard.

I think a wheel would help loads for Germany and setting good times.
Ok, so I did not misremember it. And you are doing fine with a gamepad, that gives me hope at least. Thanks.
Edit: I will also try his camera view though, maybe it'll help.

OP
OP
Tappin Brews

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
Ok, this weekly will be interesting - Rally New Zeland (sic), Te Akau South. It's waaaay too long to memorize and push 100% and ever hope to get a clean run. I finally finished the stage after several attempts with one collision that damaged all aspects of the car about 2/3 of the way through (not sure the impact that had on the remaining 1/3).

... But I can't get the game to upload my time and keep getting the "You must be connected to the WRC 9 servers to access the leaderboards". Grumble grumble.

OP
OP
Tappin Brews

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
Damn, it's still bugged (or my rural internet is not cooperating). I took a clip this time just in case and my best guess from pausing right at the finish line is 13'39"344 (WRC i20). Wish I new how that stacked up on the leaderboard - guess I'll try again another time.

Colfari

#TeamThierry
Nov 13, 2017
Germany
Number one time on PSN is at 13:57 or 13:59, I forgot, I looked about an hour ago. That's when I noped out. So around 13:40 would be pretty fantastic I'd think. Dunno how many people are on the leaderboard, just saw the time in the overview of the weekly challenge.

OP
OP
Tappin Brews

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
Number one time on PSN is at 13:57 or 13:59, I forgot when I looked an hour ago. That's when I noped out. So around 13:40 would be pretty fantastic I'd think. Dunno how many people are on the leaderboard, just saw the time in the overview of the weekly challenge.

Thanks for posting the Playstation leaderboard time - might motivate me to try again later to get a time to upload. It's early going on this weekly though. Faster times will appear.

OP
OP
Tappin Brews

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
what cars are y'all using?

I've just stuck with my favorite driver, Thierry Neuville in the WRC i20. The nice thing about at least the WRC class of cars, they all seem competitive. The top times on the leaderboard are varied between mainly the i20 and the Yaris, with a few Fiestas thrown in for good measure.

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
I've just stuck with my favorite driver, Thierry Neuville in the WRC i20. The nice thing about at least the WRC class of cars, they all seem competitive. The top times on the leaderboard are varied between mainly the i20 and the Yaris, with a few Fiestas thrown in for good measure.
okay thanks. i'll try these out

th1nk

Nov 6, 2017
I am using the Lancia Delta Integrale, because I love Sega Rally. Too bad there is no Toyota Celica. :(

I am not playing for best times, though.

Colfari

#TeamThierry
Nov 13, 2017
Germany
My first attempt at the weekly challenge is 16:26. Was my very first run, did not restart once. Was kinda surprised about that myself. Not the time, but that I did not restart it. Drove very carefully after reading OP's impressions. Made more mistakes the longer it went on, but not enough for my instincts to kick in and do a restart. Was at number 68 or so from 92 entries.

OP
OP
Tappin Brews

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
My first attempt at the weekly challenge is 16:26. Was my very first run, did not restart once. Was kinda surprised about that myself. Not the time, but that I did not restart it. Drove very carefully after reading OP's impressions. Made more mistakes the longer it went on, but not enough for my instincts to kick in and do a restart. Was at number 68 or so from 92 entries.

Its good to get a run in before pushing too. No surprises that way, and this stage has several (blind big protruding rocks on the inside of corners, banks that will roll you, and that sneaky big right hander at the end of the stage to name just a few!)

JJShadow

Oct 25, 2017
UK/Spain
Just grabbed a copy of this for 15€, excited to try it out on PS5. Haven't played a rally game in a loooong time.

Any basic tips or things I should know beford diving in?