• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

2Blackcats

Oct 26, 2017
Not that it doesn't look good but doesn't feel like driving games are the next gen launch showcase games they used to be.

Still, can't wait to play a few with DS5.

RivalGT

Dec 13, 2017
60 fps racers seems to becoming a thing again, miss that from the PS2 gen where most racers were 60 fps.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
looks like all those gta videos you'd see with all the fancy shaders etc lol. i guess that's our reality now.

way too clean and static for my tastes. i want some dirt and mud flying up everywhere. it's fucking rally!

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
This is an absolutely fantastic rally game by the way.

They have knocked it out if the park with the last two entries.

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
Wasn't this one of (if not the) first games to confirm the Activities part of the PS5 a few months ago?

Oct 27, 2017
You know what is kind of hilarious? We are at the point with resolution , pixel pushing, and performance that any sub par art direction really sticks out like a sore thumb, kind of like when Full HD and 4k first came out and exposed the imperfections of "Hollywood Magic" and people's favorite celebrities.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
Not the choice of music I expected but ok.

You know what is kind of hilarious? We are at the point with resolution , pixel pushing, and performance that any sub par art direction really sticks out like a sore thumb, kind of like when Full HD and 4k first came out and exposed the imperfections of "Hollywood Magic" and people's favorite celebrities.
True. Is this what some people meant when they argued against PC gaming because games look "too clean" ?

FuturaBold

Oct 27, 2017
Non of the WRC games have supported HDR, any word if next gen patch adds support for it?

Actually it would have been cool if the fans were animated. They just kid of stand there. Maybe WRC 10 will add it. ; )

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
That looks like the maxed out PC version, but still a huge improvement over the current gen version.

Don't sleep on this game, it's good!

I've been watching WRC 9 videos for the past few months... and I just noticed WRC 8 was on PS Now.. so downloaded it a few nights ago. And yeah it's fun to play, and I believe the handling/feel is even better in WRC 9.. so I'll be getting it soon.

Also, usually I play racing games from the behind the car view... but this one, I can only play well from bumper cam....and what a hell of a experience it is.

j^aws

Oct 31, 2017
UK
I think I'm gonna ask this in every rally car thread: Does this game have the Toyota Celica GT-Four (ST205)? Anyone know?

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
Not impressed tbh.

Edit: It's 4K 60 fps though.
I think at this point PD will need to release their Rally race mode to show how its done. All these new Rally games just don't look impressive. It feels like they just upped the framerate to 60FPS and 4K. Sadly its not enough. They need to show off RT lighting, global illumination, deformation dynamic weather, improved physics etc etc. I feel like from the small showing of next gen we've seen, this isn't that impressive.

IronicSonic

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Someting feels off about visuals. Seems like basic geometry of trees and real time lightning dont work great toghether. Even GT Sport or Dirt 4 suffer because of this. I'll try it in the future because people talk good things about this series from 8 and onward

Maturin

Oct 27, 2017
Europe
Lots of graphics complaints based on this video in the thread.

It's not top tier.but my experience of the game on Xbox is that it's often a great looker at times with some of the best stages in rally games.

Really enjoy the career mode.