• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KDC720

Oct 25, 2017
My takeaway after recently binging it was that it was consistently solid Star Wars comfort food. Very few episodes stood out, but I also didn't think any were bad.

It doesn't try to rock the boat like TLJ did, nor are the stakes all that high like the other films. It's just a dude in cool armor and his cute puppet companion going around backwater planets doing side quests.

Ultimately I did start to grow tired of the formula by the end of season 2, and once they started to focus more on callbacks and legacy characters it was clear they're trying to set it up for a MCU kind of direction.

a916

Oct 25, 2017
I quite enjoyed it, but I it barely reaches those "good" heights. It's not consistently excellent or good, and I think for me, that boils down to the lead and the filler/fetch-quest nature of the first few episodes of each seaosn.

Deleted member 12352

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The writing lets it down badly at times but as a whole it's a show I've seriously enjoyed watching. So... I'll happily call it a win personally.

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
It's a fine show if you ignore some of the worst acting out of the entire franchise, prequels included. And not just in one or two episodes, it's pervasively bad.

And I know Star Wars has never been the paragon of stellar acting, but Mandalorian is like middle school theater bad.

Shoreu

Oct 25, 2017
You're not wrong. But it's kept me more engaged and entertained than all of the sequel trilogy.

Status
Not open for further replies.