• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Apr 14, 2018
I just wanted to thank you for everything.

I was banned for 3 months for who knows what. I just drank a lot and am going to go kill myself now since I realize I'm not ever going to be accepted into any community but thanks for the chance guys you've veen greatgoodbeye

don't worry about ne it's been fun see you in the next iteration

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Whoa dude please don't do anything rash, please tell us what's happening with you

GYODX

Oct 27, 2017
Dude, most of us have been banned at one point or another. My longest ban was 1-week. It says nothing about how welcome/unwelcome you are here.

Please don't do anything rash.

Dukes

Oct 27, 2017
Hey dude, whatever is going on, please don't do anything rash. We're here with you. These are tough times but soon enough it will be behind us.

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
OP, I've also been wondering about acceptance amongst an online community for awhile. I've been posting here for years and wonder if anyone actually remembers me aside from a couple folks. If you want to talk about it I'd love to open a dialogue with you and get your perspective. I'll be honest, I don't know you all that well, but I'd sure like to.

sleepnaught

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
User Banned (Permanent): Using a sensitive thread to misrepresent and complain about moderation. Prior bans for inflammatory behavior including a severe ban for dismissing racism.
Don't make any judgments on how well you accepted based on ERA of all places, especially when it comes to bans. Spend more than 5 minutes in a politics thread and some mod will ban you for any random reason if they disagree with you. Just don't do anything to hurt yourself over that.

Oct 25, 2017
A ban doesn't mean you're not accepted here, OP. It means you did something someone found unacceptable, in that moment, but the fact that your ban ended and wasn't permanent means that you have another chance, and that's something to celebrate with this community that you're very much apart of. Learn the lesson that was trying to be imparted by the ban, grow wiser, be better, and stay with us.

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans
Hi there. We've never spoken before, but how's about we chat instead? Whether that's me or this thread, we're here to listen. Send me a PM, if you'd like—I'm not up to anything important right now.

Fractology

Oct 28, 2017
What you are feeling now...will pass. This. Will. Pass. This. Will. Pass. AGAIN: This...will....pass.

Remember that. Wait it out. This, will, pass.

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
Please do not base your self worth on message board communities. I have been posting on them since i was about 18. I'm 37 now. When I first started using one, I felt like I was part of this whole little world but once you've done it a while, you realize that people are just sharing their ideas and having a little fun. Getting banned probably happens to everyone and if it happens to you, it doesn't mean you're not accepted. It just means whatever you felt like posting that day didn't fit with the rules they set up. Maybe you were having a bad day. Maybe they were. It doesn't matter. Stay around and meet some worthwhile people in real life.

Bear Patrol

Oct 27, 2017
Hey there. Please don't do anything rash and talk it through with us. Someone will be here for you and plenty will care about you. Let us know that you're OK.

____

Oct 27, 2017
Miami, FL
Don't make any judgments on how well you accepted based on ERA of all places, especially when it comes to bans. Spend more than 5 minutes in a politics thread and some mod will ban you for any random reason if they disagree with you. Just don't do anything to hurt yourself over that.
This x1000.

Don't do it OP. I don't know what you were banned for but in general the moderation is laughably inconsistent and changes based on the way the wind blows. It's not a reflection on you or your acceptance here. Don't let bad apples here ruin your life. That just gives them more power over you.

Slappy White

Oct 27, 2017
I was banned for a month before for being dumb. Not because I'm not accepted. Life is always worth living. You can find happiness.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
People really using THIS thread to modwhine? Get your heads out of your asses.

OP hasn't been seen for 41 minutes. Let's hope he took some of the advice in the thread to heart or that staff sent him info that can help.

____

Oct 27, 2017
Miami, FL
People really using THIS thread to modwhine? Get your heads out of your asses.

OP hasn't been seen for 41 minutes. Let's hope he took some of the advice in the thread to heart or that staff sent him info that can help.
Empathizing with and reassuring someone that is suicidal due to moderation here that the moderation is not perfect and suggesting that they shouldn't let that dictate their worthiness is mod-whining?

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Empathizing with and reassuring someone that is suicidal due to moderation here that the moderation is not perfect and suggesting that they shouldn't let that dictate their worthiness is mod-whining?

This is too serious a thread for your whinging. Let's keep the focus on the OP where it belongs.

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
OP, IMO, you shouldn't put too much stake into "online friends". Rarely do they shake out well, and normally the cliques are just that and are surface level. Folks may quote others as memorable posters or good posters or whatever but it's all empty platitudes cause, almost all drop each other pretty easily because forums, discords, etc aren't the best place to make attachments. You could have 20k+ posts but be forgotten after a perm. The community is an illusion.

TheMango55

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
My man this is one of the easiest places to get banned on the internet, we're all just walking on eggshells all the time. Don't take it personally and let it affect your happiness.

Aside from the usual suicide prevention websites, maybe find a reddit community that shares your interests.

OP
OP
NaughtyCalibur
Apr 14, 2018
Hey guys I'm sorry and I'm okay now. I drank way too much last night and got stupid, started ruminated and getting depressed on things that just compounded, then I found myself here.

I'm going to go try to get some help as soon as I can, I've been long overdue with all the stress in my life
I won't be posting here for awhile and am really sorry for making the worst drunk thread of all time

Threadkular

Dec 29, 2017
Hey guys I'm sorry and I'm okay now. I drank way too much last night and got stupid, started ruminated and getting depressed on things that just compounded, then I found myself here.

I'm going to go try to get some help as soon as I can, I've been long overdue with all the stress in my life
I won't be posting here for awhile and am really sorry for making the worst drunk thread of all time

Leaving this for you OP, https://www.resetera.com/threads/sober-era-lets-stay-sober.41440/page-24 . Please consider joining us.

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans

Good morning(?). You don't have to apologize. I'm glad you're feeling better, and it's a relief to hear that you're going to get help. Take all the time you need. I hope you're feeling so much better soon.
And, of course, the offer to talk still stands. 💜

apocat

Oct 27, 2017

Don't worry about the thread, and try to take care of yourself. And do post here if you feel like it. You're as accepted here as any other poster, and besides, it's just a silly webforum. You shouldn't allow it to carry any real weight in regards to your well being.

Take care of yourself, okay?

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma

I'm happy you are feeling better. Remember you are accepted and post here as much as you like. :) Take care.

-JD-

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

Welcome back!

Zellia

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK

The important thing is that you are safe and seeking help.

No need to stop posting unless you want to.

Mar 30, 2019

I wouldn't stress about it, if you can help it. There are some good people here that just wanted to talk and see how you are doing. It warmed my heart to see that and maybe you just need to recollect your thoughts for a bit. Don't place too much importance in unhelpful thoughts. I hope you continue to feel better as well.

Oct 25, 2017
OP, IMO, you shouldn't put too much stake into "online friends". Rarely do they shake out well, and normally the cliques are just that and are surface level. Folks may quote others as memorable posters or good posters or whatever but it's all empty platitudes cause, almost all drop each other pretty easily because forums, discords, etc aren't the best place to make attachments. You could have 20k+ posts but be forgotten after a perm. The community is an illusion.
I feel like this is a lot of truth.

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania

It is great to hear from you OP. No apologies needed.

There's a lot of great resources out there for help that are just waiting for you to take advantage of. I wish you the best of luck and know that we're here any time you need to vent or talk. Many of us here also struggle with depression or out of control anxiety. The important thing to know is that there's no reason to do it alone. You need an outside voice that cares for you and is a professional when it comes to navigating mental struggles.

Everyone deserves to be ok and so do you OP.

Deleted member 49611

Nov 14, 2018
hope you're OK. this place is not the most inviting and unless you have the correct thoughts/opinions then you will find yourself getting banned often. i've been banned before and just tend to avoid certain topics now because apparently my opinions/feelings aren't welcome or accepted here. for a place that seemingly wants to be open and improve representation it is quite close minded. the reason i came here was to talk about games so i guess i'll just stick to that. there are more friendly and welcoming places to talk. just don't take it personally and don't let it get to you :)

i have a feeling i'll get a warning/ban for posting this but eh that'll just prove my point lol. as long as you see that you are actually welcome here. well, at least i welcome you :) don't go anywhere...stay and talk about games!

Pirate Bae

Edelgard Feet Appreciator
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??

Please feel free to reach out to myself or anyone on staff if you'd like to talk or just need someone to listen <3

I'm very happy that you're still around, we were all very worried about you and are glad you've decided to see someone

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Oh my goodness thank God was worried about you all night when you didn't reply. Glad you're getting help, and of course with everyone invitation to talk is always there.

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
Dude,

Go talk to some one about this to help figure all of this out. Don't do anything like what you are thinking about.

Edit: sorry, just read the OP, glad you seeking help.