• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Would you want a chessy live action batman movie

• Yes

Votes: 66 57.4%
  • No

Votes: 49 42.6%

• Total voters

Thewonandonly

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Utah
"Whats that robin another batman thread"

20th_century_fox-000258-Full-Image_GalleryBackground-en-US-1483993482018._SX1080_.jpg

I love my gritty batman as much as everyone else here. The Matt Reeves trailer looked exceptionally good and I love the gritty take of them and will be there day one for each movie. Robert Patterson is going to be the best batman to date just mark this words!!! Anyway I want to talk about motherfucking shark repellent and robin booty shorts. Im talking about the chessy as all hell batman series with adam west. While I've only seen clips of this series around the web there all extremely goofy and enjoyable. Then there was that comic from like 10 years ago that went for the adam west style and I thought it was well written and funny.

So Im wondering would you guys be down for a super chessy comidic take on batman. Everytime he hit's someone a pow pop's up on the screen. There are puns galore and the villeins plot will be dumb as hell, but goddamnit it would be a good time. Get someone like James Gunn or Takiti Wakiki to direct it and will be sitting on a masterpiece. Get some funny actor to play batman like channing tatum or somehting and it would be great. Gee williger's era do you want this golden live action adaption or you crazy as the joker???

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
Batman & Robin (and to a lesser extent Batman Forever) are the closest we've gotten. They're still just as infused with their own decade though.

Garp TXB

Apr 1, 2020
Yes, but it has to be done right and played straight, which is exceedingly difficult to pull off

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
60's Batman had the best Batman

And the best Joker
And the best Penguin
And the best Catwoman
And the best Riddler
And the best Catwoman

Didn't have the best Mr. Freeze though

Hound

Jul 6, 2019
I didn't know I wanted this but, yes. Yes I do. I want it even more if they go overboard and make it something like Danger 5 style.

CaptainNuevo

Mascot Maniac
Oct 25, 2017
Do people not really count Lego Batman Movie as similar to this? It felt very comedic at times. It's definitely not quite the same feel or vibe as the show, but still way more light-hearted.

I am a Bird

Oct 31, 2017
I want a noir style batman film that takes place during the great depression and has a pulp scifi design for all the high tech equipment.

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe it could be kinda like the office or parks & rec? I could see that being good if done well

Ruisu

Banned
Aug 1, 2019
Brasil
Yes, obviously. Why would NOT want it? Especially when you understand that the old show was a parody.

PBalfredo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Adam West had the best Batman voice too.

That's fantastic. Adam West's self-seriousness is what puts it over the top.

Tangential, but when the Rocksteady Batman games were coming out with all the different Batman skins, what I really wanted was an Adam West voice pack. Just Adam West redoing all of Batman's lines, in that same corny but self-serious style.

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Yes, absolutely. We're definitely due for one.

Gotham City is goofy as shit and Batman media is always better when the creators recognize that.

Oozer

Oct 25, 2017
Yes. Far more than I want another gritty one. We've been inundated with those these last 15 years. Give me something goofier.

JayCB64

Oct 25, 2017
Wales
You'd have to be brave and bold to make something like that.
eyyy

real talk though, a Brave and the Bold style series of movies would be kind of amazing, DC say they are all about the multiverse but so far it feels like they really mean that they want an excuse to do edgy stuff rather than explore every angle ala something more fun like that. Which is fine, The Batman is the most excited I've been for a DC film in years, but it is a shame considering their history and how goofy as shit comics are.

May 19, 2020
Considering how much grimdark Batman we get a true tribute to the 60s Batman would be a welcome breath of fresh air either via movie or beat 'em up game.

Cipher Peon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Absolutely without a doubt not.

I'll still watch it of course, but that's the opposite direction I want them to take Batman. I want Batman to be extremely dark and gritty. Glad we left the 1960s cheese behind us.

Oct 27, 2017
Why? So we can have a modern movie that tries to emulate what was done in West Batman when it's already been done? I don't see the point

May 19, 2020
Absolutely without a doubt not.

I'll still watch it of course, but that's the opposite direction I want them to take Batman. I want Batman to be extremely dark and gritty. Glad we left the 1960s cheese behind us.
I think the idea is that it would just be a fun supplement to the existing properties rather than replacing what's already there.

Ruisu

Banned
Aug 1, 2019
Brasil
Yeah, there's a movie and a whole series of this if it appeals to you. There's no way they could replicate that cheese today without it coming off as mocking or patronizing. You'd basically get the Sharknado sequels.
I see no difference. It's not like the Adam West series weren't ironic in nature. It was meant to make fun of Batman.

Pau

Self-Appointed Godmother of Bruce Wayne's Children
Oct 25, 2017
If Bruce actually gets to be a dad in it, yes.