• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Would you vaccinate?

• Yes

Votes: 1,250 79.7%
  • No

Votes: 319 20.3%

• Total voters

kirby_fox

Oct 29, 2017
Midwest USA
I'm at the point of "fuck it, inject me and see what happens". I've been cautious because my asthma has been shit since January, but I don't care anymore.

Both vaccines so far looked to be made independently under scientific research. If the local study wanted to give me the vaccine today I'd probably roll my sleeve up.

Oct 25, 2017
User banned (1 week): trolling over multiple posts
You're being openly shitty when you say you'll take it only after other people be your guinea pig. This is a thought experiment. If you can't even in a thought experiment take a fucking vaccine without prefacing you don't trust it enough to take it first you don't really believe in these vaccines.

Just say you don't trust it. Stop hiding away trying to seem reasonable. If there was a vaccine today and I was told I can take it I will take it. Period. Will I logistically be in the first round? No. Does that matter to how you should answer this question. No it does not.

You only get to have this mentality because other people are willing to take it for the greater good. If we all had your mentality no one would fucking taking take it lol. Yall wanna have your cake and eat it too.

Sir, if you chose to take it first and someone opts to watch how it works on you so they gain confidence to go get it themselves, that's the way it fucking works. Isn't the decision to take the vaccine based on the great souls who donated their bodies to the science for the greater good so that you can get your ass up to go take the vaccine yourself? Lol!

I'm sorry if it offense you that people chose another option that isn't of your logic. I'm also very sorry if you are offended by being called a guinea pig, because that's essentially what you're really on, when the truth is 100% of everyone in the world won't be taking it day one. Just say that you're offended and move on. You're the one being sensitive about people's decision and now rushing to call out reasonings as "unreasonable" when they in fact aren't.

And weirdly enough, people saying no isn't because they flat out don't want to. People here saying no aren't against every and all vaccines that would make them "anti-vaxxer" as you like to throw around. It just means that they opt out of being first....which there is NOTHING wrong with that. Take your high horse and speed your way in line and do for the greater good as you clearly feel you should. Don't put that shit on everyone else who chose not to. Shit, I don't see you signing up to be the actual guinea pig of the people who volunteered to actually be host of the vaccine that you have and now sit back and wait for the results.

You got your cake to eat too so stop lol!

I want to remind you that this isn't a nationwide pandemic. Its a GLOBAL pandemic, so everybody in the world will be watching how this works. Right now, the testing (from what I've seen and I could be wrong) isn't being tested on hundreds of millions of people which this will have to be distributed to make sure we are all on the same page....also, do I need to also remind you that this vaccine is not being made by one company but multiple? Yeah, I think people who want to wait and see is not the shitty one's at all. It's called just being realistic in consideration with what we know so far. No one is shaming the rest of people who want to take it.

KAMI-SAMA

Banned
Aug 25, 2020
Not if they haven't figured out the side effects yet. I don't want a possible major undiscovered side effect popping up on me in the future.

Owlet

Owl Enthusiast
Verified
May 30, 2018
London, UK
Assuming it were the doctors telling me it was safe and not the trump administration then yes of course lol

Distantmantra

Oct 26, 2017
Seattle
If my cardiologist tells me to take it, I'll take it. I have a feeling she'd tell me to get it ASAP. Yay for being in the second round of distribution.

Oct 25, 2017
Literally had this conversation with a coworker last night. A vaccine only gets approved for public use if it's safe. They've already done all the tests necessary for someone like me to take it. Give me that vaccine please. I want to go to the movies again.

This needs to be restated. I'm really surprised by the number of people voting no in this poll. But people are also anti-science when it comes to the annual flu vaccine, so I guess it makes sense.

Helmholtz

Feb 24, 2019
Canada
Seeing a lot of people here saying no is fucking sad

We're really gonna be doing this thing for another year
More anti-vaxxers in this forum than I thought there would be. Apparently all these enlightened, mega-smart, genius IQ posters will be doing better research than the medical community. I mean, they're even going to wait it out and observe the willing participants, looking for... side effects, I guess? Uh... people dying from this vaccine that is designed to fight a deadly disease, I suppose? I can't wait for their findings! I'm sure they'll be totally legit, unbiased, and informed by only the best sources and information. They're so smart, taking the cautious approach while the plebs and morons line up for this awful, awful vaccine. Surely these guys will stay locked up in their apartment, never leaving, not even one single time, to keep at-risk people who can't get the vaccine safe. Surely.

Ragnar

Oct 28, 2017
I would take it in a heartbeat. Would make life infinitely easier for me and those around me.

P.s. There is no doubt in my mind a lot of the same people who normally dump on anti-vaxxers here on ResetERA are the same who suddenly become very apprehensive now that they're the ones who might have to be vaccinated.

Basically pro-vaccines for others, anti-vaccine when it comes to themselves. And I mean, I understand the reasoning behind it.

RadzPrower

One Winged Slayer
Jan 19, 2018
So, if my answer is "No" due to supply constraints, should I just change it to "Yes" for the sake of this poll?

balohna

Nov 1, 2017
I guess I would, but it's kind of moot since I know I won't be one of the first people to get it. If it was widely available I'd sign up for it right away, but if someone was like "hey, I have an extra dose and you can have it if you agree to take it NOW" I might hesitate.

OrangeNova

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Sir, if you chose to take it first and someone opts to watch how it works on you so they gain confidence to go get it themselves, that's the way it fucking works. Isn't the decision to take the vaccine based on the great souls who donated their bodies to the science for the greater good so that you can get your ass up to go take the vaccine yourself? Lol!

I'm sorry if it offense you that people chose another option that isn't of your logic. I'm also very sorry if you are offended by being called a guinea pig, because that's essentially what you're really on, when the truth is 100% of everyone in the world won't be taking it day one. Just say that you're offended and move on. You're the one being sensitive about people's decision and now rushing to call out reasonings as "unreasonable" when they in fact aren't.

And weirdly enough, people saying no isn't because they flat out don't want to. People here saying no aren't against every and all vaccines that would make them "anti-vaxxer" as you like to throw around. It just means that they opt out of being first....which there is NOTHING wrong with that. Take your high horse and speed your way in line and do for the greater good as you clearly feel you should. Don't put that shit on everyone else who chose not to. Shit, I don't see you signing up to be the actual guinea pig of the people who volunteered to actually be host of the vaccine that you have and now sit back and wait for the results.

You got your cake to eat too so stop lol!

I want to remind you that this isn't a nationwide pandemic. Its a GLOBAL pandemic, so everybody in the world will be watching how this works. Right now, the testing (from what I've seen and I could be wrong) isn't being tested on hundreds of millions of people which this will have to be distributed to make sure we are all on the same page....also, do I need to also remind you that this vaccine is not being made by one company but multiple? Yeah, I think people who want to wait and see is not the shitty one's at all. It's called just being realistic in consideration with what we know so far. No one is shaming the rest of people who want to take it.
All of the vaccines that are anticipating to be ready in the next few months have been tested on tens of thousands of people, and have shown their efficiency and safety, the first person to be injected with the oxford vaccine it as part of the trial was in April. Several of the vaccines(Not any of the mRNA ones) are based off of in development SARS vaccines, and have been testing and monitored for at least 5 years.

Calling someone a "guinea pig" because you decided to not read up on any of these, is disingenuous at best and dangerous at worse. This is full tilt anti-vaxx rhetoric you're spewing here, weather you know it is, or not.

Helmholtz

Feb 24, 2019
Canada
This is full tilt anti-vaxx rhetoric you're spewing here, weather you know it is, or not.
It's honestly blowing my mind how some posters itt are literally spewing anti-vax rhetoric, but when called an anti-vaxxer say "no, not me, this is different than all those other vaccines!". If you're going to be an anti-vaxxer, at least own it. Pathetic stuff.
So, if my answer is "No" due to supply constraints, should I just change it to "Yes" for the sake of this poll?
I don't think this applies in this hypothetical scenario. I could be wrong. I assumed in this scenario everyone is being offered the same thing at the same time.

Trilobite

Banned
Dec 15, 2017
Yes a million times!

I do not care about whatever perceived side effects, if it is approved I´ll take it.
I would not however take before people in risk groups or the elderly if given the chance.
Let the ones who benefit most get it first. I will take gladly after they have been vaccinated, if there is a shortage of doses.

Edit: Trust science, you or anyone not involved creating it have no idea, so you "feeling" or opinion should not matter.

T002 Tyrant

Nov 8, 2018
100% yes. Into my veins. All the released information points to minor side effects at worst I'm going to feel nauseous and have a headache.

Sunnz

Apr 16, 2019
This would be remarkably quick for vaccine development - within 10 months of detailing the genetic code. The average wait for approval in the US is nearer eight years

www.bbc.co.uk

Covid vaccine: Pfizer applies for first approval in US

The vaccine could get emergency authorisation in the first two weeks of December.

from the BBC about the vaccine.

I would still say yes but am hesitant in a way. I'm healthy and probably can afford to wait to see results.

Helmholtz

Feb 24, 2019
Canada
Is this parody because if not then it's actually hilarious.
If only. This is similar to actual shit I've heard actual people in real life say.
Apparently there are a lot more highly educated, experienced vaccine developers out there than we knew.
Must be so frustrating for professionals in this field to have to contend with morons who suddenly feel they can do the same job with none of the education or experience.

Mattersnotnow

Jan 15, 2018
I would do a little research and most likely than not the answer would be yes. I want to hug my father and my brother fearlessly when I visit them

Singher

Apr 10, 2018
A lot of those "No" votes, including mine, are not outright or even skeptical though. A lot are simply because of the condition of "today" and we know there's going to be a supply issue until at least the middle of next year.

Ya, but there are a lot of posters that have expressed that they don't trust it and don't trust pharma, acting like they can research better than the fucking Lancet Journal.
All the vaccines have been going through the same rigorous processes and have had 10's of thousands of participants already.

Deleted member 2328

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
www.bbc.co.uk

Covid vaccine: Pfizer applies for first approval in US

The vaccine could get emergency authorisation in the first two weeks of December.

from the BBC about the vaccine.

I would still say yes but am hesitant in a way. I'm healthy and probably can afford to wait to see results.
Just so you know there are multiple independent health and medication agencies throughout the EU that will have to sign off on this before it becomes available to the public.
Not to mention that there's a sizable part of the scientific community currently working on covid19 related research.

Damaniel

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Portland, OR
Yep, the minute it's available for me (though I'm in a relatively low risk group and not an essential worker so I'll be pretty low on the list). Since the FDA is likely to approve the emergency authorization for the Pfizer vaccine today, and Pfizer has millions of doses and a distribution network in place, those first doses might start showing up sooner than we thought.

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
100% yes. Especially if it means I can start travelling again without needing to worry about quarantining. If I got that vaccine today, I'd be down on a beach somewhere warm as soon as possible.

Helmholtz

Feb 24, 2019
Canada
Ya, but there are a lot of posters that have expressed that they don't trust it and don't trust pharma, acting like they can research better than the fucking Lancet Journal.
All the vaccines have been going through the same rigorous processes and have had 10's of thousands of participants already.
Yeah, but alex jones says...
/s

adj_noun

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
If you got offered an effective vaccine today, that was approved by the EU/ whatever you have in the US.

Would you take it?

Nope. Give that dose to a front-line health worker.

I really want to be vaxxed, but I can wait for my turn and there are far more valuable people in this fight than me.

Nacho

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Yeah, I don't see why not unless we're talking about like caveats like it was rushed through by trump to boost his ego or some shit.

KillingJoke

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm in not rush to get one. Working from home until next summer, and I barely go out. So I don't mind waiting until all infected and essential workers are covered first. Once it's ready for the masses, then of course, why not? We ain't hitting 0 cases anytime soon, so no reason to risk yourself and others.

Drowner

Banned
May 20, 2019
yes, against my better judgment. reading about that swine flu vaccine in the 70s makes me think I should wait til it's been mass tested, but also, I just really want to go back to an amusement park and a movie theater..... also what's this about "front line workers" being offered a vaccine before other people? I've seen this idea floated about non US countries but is there actually a chance that in the US the vaccine will be given to people in certain jobs first (and people with age/health conditions)

Singher

Apr 10, 2018
Yeah that's another part too, we discussed that, or at least to the extent of our own knowledge about vaccines. That they've always been DNA based or something and this one targets mRNA that puts it even more into uncharted territory and 'how did they do all this in the span of months?', etc.

The Oxford vaccine was repurposed from a SARS vaccine that's been in development for years if I'm not mistaken. So it's not exactly a span on months but years. The rigorous testing hasn't changed. 10's of thousands of participants have been used. Which usually takes like years to accumulate, but there are so many volunteers due to the shear amount of covid cases and what not. The reason why a lot of time these vaccines take so long is cause of how long governments take to approve as well. FDA usually takes like a year to even begin to look at your application I think.

Palette Swap

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Unequivocally yes, this shit has already taken so many lives and broken so many families, that every time someone else doesn't have to go through this horror is a win.