• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Take a 100k a year 'job' if you had to watch the same commercial over and over again?

• Yes

Votes: 201 25.3%
  • No

Votes: 593 74.7%

• Total voters

chezzymann

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You wouldn't be able to quit/retire until you're 70. If you try to retire, you get shot in the face by a random dude. And you have to focus on the commercial. If you fuck around and do something else for too long you'll get shot in the face again.

You would be able to pick the commercial tho. Cant ever change it after you pick it.

I would pick Head On

www.youtube.com

Head On - Annoying Headache Commercial

HeadOn - Apply directly to the forehead! Watch the original commercial that started it all. Or to be extra annoying... you can embed it on all your friends' ...

EDIT: Pretty lopsided so lets downgrade the shooting to a really hard punch that may or may not disfigure your face, upgrade the pay to 250k, and lower the retirement age to 60

any takers

Last edited:

Truly Gargantuan

Still doesn't have a tag :'(
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah nah I'd eventually wind up shooting myself in the face. Repetition and mundanity are the banes of my existence.

b-dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
50 hours a week is over full-time.

Troll

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
You're asking me to work More hours a week and take a pay cut to do something that would drive me nuts? Nah.

Landy828

Oct 26, 2017
Clemson, SC
Sure. I'll probably regret it every time the commercial restarted, but then I wouldn't regret it when I realize I get paid $100,000 a year to basically do nothing.

50 hours is pushing it though. That's overtime.

You're asking me to work More hours a week and take a pay cut to do something that would drive me nuts? Nah.

I wouldn't really call this "work".

Mortemis

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
If you asked me a few years back when I was making $10 an hour I'd say where do I sign.

Now fortunately I'm doing a whole lot better and I'd rather keep my sanity than take the pay raise.

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I wouldn't work 50hrs a week for half a million. I don't think anyone could survive this hypothetical psychologically.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
100k is like... infinitely more than I make now so yes in a heartbeat.

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
34 years of the same commercial over and over again would probably make any person go insane. That shit would likely bore into your soul and you'd end up killing yourself or those around you within the first year. That said, something like that would likely test a person's mental fortitude for something like long-distance space travel. Inhumane, but possibly effective.

OP
OP
chezzymann

chezzymann

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah 50 hours sucks but think about it you'd be at home so there would be no commute and you could eat lunch while watching the commercial, kinda makes up for most of it for a lot of people

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
One commercial all day? Hell no

50 hours a week of watching commericals plural? Yeah I'd sign up for that job, especially if I don't have to commute to do it.

flaxknuckles

Oct 25, 2017
Hell nah. It'd be almost impossible to get through one work day of that even if I was given 100k immediately and allowed to quit after.

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
For a million a year, probably.
For 100k, hell no.

The risk of being driven mad out of the boredom seems way too high when I could find another job that paid similarly.

MoonToon

Banned
Nov 9, 2018
lol, wut?
A 100k a YEAR for that?
At 50Hr a week? That more than full time ...

Wait, can I pick the hours? Can I lace it into other things or is it all just straight watching?

I know I'd prefer death to this soit's a no I guess but I'd like more dets.

OP
OP
chezzymann

chezzymann

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How much attention do I have to give the ad?
You would have a camera on the TV watching you and it would depend on the supervisor. Sometimes they'd be okay with you slacking off on your phone for an 30 minutes occasionally or talking to friends, others would be strict and want your eyes on the TV at all times. Youd get 2 warnings each day before they shoot you.

lol, wut?
A 100k a YEAR for that?
At 50Hr a week? That more than full time ...

Wait, can I pick the hours? Can I lace it into other things or is it all just straight watching?

I know I'd prefer death to this soit's a no I guess but I'd like more dets.

You can pick the hours. 5 10 hour days, sprinkled around, just gotta be 50.

Deleted member 42105

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 13, 2018
It would be an easy yes if we can change the commercial every week. Picking just 1 for life when so many are so well produced is torture.

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
After reading the terms and conditions in the OP? Nah. Probably want to shoot yourself in the face at some point.

Conciliator

Oct 25, 2017
No way. I'd sooner take my chances on the street

I feel like anyone who say yes would begin to have sneaking feelings of regret starting at around lunch the first day

zzz

Oct 27, 2017
Over the 50 year span from ages 20 to 70, you'd end up dedicating over 14 years of your life watching that same 30 second commercial.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
The restrictions make it a no lol. Like, I can't just do it for a year and quit, I'm stuck there forever? Pass.

Carnby

Oct 25, 2017
I nearly literally had the job described in the OP. No amount of money could make me ever want to go back to doing it.

CHC

Oct 27, 2017
No. It's already not that much money and it will be shit in 50 years. You would legitimately have horrible mental issues that would arise from doing that, and absolutely nothing to keep you going through it, nothing to talk about with other people, no prospects at all.

Just a horrible deal all around. For a million a year, I might think about it, but I really think people underestimate how severe the effects of doing this would be.