• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
I'm personally not sure. Would they understand? I'm afraid they wouldn't.

Anyway. If you don't have a lot of friends or no friends at all, imagine you did.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
No one who knows me would expect anything different from exactly how I seem in my posts, so sure, I'd show them to people.

gazoinks

Jul 9, 2019
I don't... think they would care but I wouldn't be embarrassed if they wanted to look at my posting history for some reason?

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
era is like your browser history, no one should ever see it. i say dumb stuff some times

JB2448

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
People know who I am. My posts wouldn't surprise anyone in my life. Disappoint my aunt and uncle who wear NRA hats and are still voting for Trump, but fuck 'em.

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
There's not too much disparity between my personality, interests & how I express myself here & myself IRL so I wouldn't mind.

Deleted member 13015

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Surprisingly yeah, I haven't said anything too off.

I'm only a bit embarrassed about my posts when I get mad at Rare and Banjo Kazooie. That shit is childish... But I love Banjo Kazooie, goddamn it.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
I've shown Era to a couple of people. They never expressed an interest in it though.

MrCibb

Dec 12, 2018
UK
I'd never link someone to a post I made. Find that annoying. But everything I say on here I'd say to my mates, sure.

Cenauru

Dragon Girl Supremacy
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly it might make it easier on me if someone could pull up a portfolio of my post history to decide if they want to speak to me. I don't have many IRL friends after falling out of any friendships I had from high school, and I just don't want to be friends with people I can't be myself around, but you can't always tell what someone is like on a surface level.

I'd never go out of my way to do this, but it wouldn't give me a heart attack if someone I knew was watching my posts.

C.R.E.A.M.

Banned
Sep 21, 2020
I'm being held back here. I wish the mods would let me speak my mind one day out of the year, I'd really go off on some of you , especially in the stimulus bill OT.

meowdi gras

Feb 24, 2018
Tried to get an irl friend of mine to post here, but I guess she doesn't do forums.

I've read posts from here, including ones I've made, to bestie on multiple occasions. Content-wise, I'm not sure there are very many things I've posted here I'd be ashamed to show others, outside of a few times my emotions got the better of me.

Kamek

Oct 27, 2017
Nah.

ERA for me is more for posting things I find cathartic and agree with the collective mind with (which is essentially almost all progressive positions) and want to vent and express it. I have way more nuanced discussions with my friends IRL, some of whom may not share my beliefs, which I don't feel like ERA is conducive to at all - so there'd really be no point.

On gaming side - most of my friends aren't really hardcore gamers - more on the casual side so I don't have real discussions with them about games. That's what ERA is for for the most part.

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
Yep and none of them even know what era is. I mostly link them to the OTs I make on the gaming side and fun posts I see. It's funny too because I work in the games industry and a lot of people have never heard of era. I've only met one person over the years who knew what it was on first mention.

Bigwombat

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
No I wouldn't. My wife actually asked last night if she could read some of my comments. Pretty sure she meant reddit and I'm not posting anything crazy but it's almost like going into someone's phone and reading the text messages

Edit: I quickly moved the conversation on about her reading my comments and didn't acknowledge her question. I just kept talking and brought up a different question to distract her. So smooth /s

Palette Swap

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I honestly don't believe I post stuff here I wouldn't tell or haven't told friends. Hell, I probably shitpost more IRL

GamerJM

Nov 8, 2017
My own posts? No, never. Though sometimes I am morbidly curious as to what their reactions would be if they saw them.

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
I mean, I use the same name for literally everything online and I don't really say anything I wouldn't say in person so yeah I wouldn't care about showing my friends an Era post I make

Robin

Restless Insomniac
Oct 25, 2017
Plenty of people I know irl know who I am here. I'm going to be more passionate and specific about my interests in video games and whatnot on Era than I am to say, family members or coworkers, but I pretty much present myself as am on or offline.