• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Hotdog? Or Burger?

• Give me the long dog

Votes: 189 19.7%
  • Big burger for me

Votes: 624 65.1%
  • Wtf

Votes: 146 15.2%

• Total voters

anaa

Unshakable Resolve
Jun 30, 2019
weekend era starting particularly early this week i see...

Doc Kelso

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
I go burger but I'm also left questioning whether or not the burger would be anything other than overdone. Ew.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Martha Stewart votes the hot dog and has the receipts to back it up.

RZJOrVz.jpg

Also, I'm constantly surprised at the dumb shit that Wolfram Alpha will calculate answers to: https://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=how+much+would+a+15+foot+hot+dog+weigh

You know for sure she and Snoop Dogg smoked a fatty before destroying that thing.

Oct 27, 2017
At 15 feet I think the hotdog would be more food, not to mention being a ton of bread. After 15 feet of hotdog you're going to be burping that shit up for days. Burger all the way.

Oct 27, 2017
How much does a 15 foot hot dog weigh? I might be able to eat that but I wouldn't even begin to get through a three pound burger.
Can I just eat the hot dog itself sans bun?

Oct 27, 2017
Unless it was a really skinny hotdog I'd imagine it'd weigh even more than the full burger unless it was a burger loaded with condiments and toppings.

I just did the math because I'm apparently avoiding being productive.
Looks like the average hot dog is 6" long and weighs 1.6 ounces. So, a 15 foot hot dog would weigh 48 ounces, or 3 pounds.
I don't think I could eat 30 hot dogs and certainly couldn't 3 pounds of ground beef, not to mention buns, condiments, and toppings.

Neece

Oct 27, 2017
So we're looking at either 30 regular hot dogs or 6 double quarter pounders?

Doggg

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Nov 17, 2017
Hmm, on second thought, I'd imagine a burger at that size would lose much of its character. It'd probably be like eating a bland meatloaf or something. A 15 foot long hotdog is still basically a hotdog, though.

nullref

Oct 27, 2017
Assuming a typical 6-inch hotdog is ~50g, then a 15-foot hotdog of the same diameter is ~1500g, which is ~3.3 lbs. So that's already more total meat than the 3 lb. burger. Then you account for a 15-foot hotdog bun, which I imagine would have to have a larger total mass than a bun for the burger, particularly if the patty was made quite thick, which would reduce the needed bun surface area coverage.

So, I'd take the burger. Both would suck, of course.

Edit: And I think my 50g estimate for a typical hotdog might be quite low. (It was just the first number I found from a quick search.) Any extra weight on the hotdog just tilts things further in favor of the burger.

Pooh

Oct 25, 2017
The Hundred Acre Wood
Back when I was a teen I ate one of those full pound burgers at some restaurant and I thought I was never going to be hungry again, or that I would die.

3 lbs is fucking insane

Meatfist

Oct 25, 2017
A 6 inch hot dog is around 150 calories, so 15 feet would be 4500 calories without bun or condiments
3lbs of 80/20 ground beef is 3700 calories

Gonna go with the burger, but you're gonna feel like shit regardless!

CallMeShaft

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Hotdogs.

Taste better and while you need to thoroughly cook a burger to prevent getting sick (which would be a challenge with a burger that size), a hotdog doesn't even need to be cooked, and thus, is less likely to give me food poisoning or worse.

Dec 31, 2017
Quick calculation: 1 hot dog = 1.6 oz, 6 inches. So 30 hotdogs in the 15 footer --> 48 oz --> 3 lbs of hot dog meat.

So really you're gonna piss out your ass regardless.

Deleted member 12379

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
yall really had me googling "how long are your intestines" to see if that hotdog shit would work.
25 ft

n00bs7ay3r

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Aug 21, 2018
Been thinking about it and I think I have to go with the dog. In either scenario I am not going to be adding a fucking bun because that is ludicrous and I think I would have a better time eating a 15 foot plain dog than a 3lb plain burger patty.

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
Me and Sanjuro will take the 15 foot hot dog with ketchup only on it

Thank you!

Ubik

Nov 13, 2018
Canada
What about the bun? I feel like there is probably less bun with the burger. 15ft of hot dog bun would just be ridiculous on it's own.

For the meat though it's gotta be the dog. Hot dog meat tastes better cold and there is no way I am getting through either while it's still warm.