• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Would you rather CDPR make The Witcher 4, a Cyberpunk sequel or a new IP next?

• The Witcher 4

Votes: 987 61.0%
  • Cyberpunk sequel

Votes: 131 8.1%
  • A brand new IP

Votes: 501 30.9%

• Total voters

Black Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United States
If it was up to you, would you rather that CD Projekt Red made a new Witcher game, a Cyberpunk sequel or something brand new as their next AAA project?

I know Cyberpunk 2077 isn't out yet [3 1/2 months baby!], so it is difficult to determine it's overall quality - or even if it warrants a sequel.

The Witcher III ended Geralt's storyline - but what if The Witcher 4 focused on Ciri?

Perhaps you would just like them to make something brand new and fresh and keep acquiring licenses to create new experiences for us; or even creating something completely new and original in-house?

Let's discuss!

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
Cyberpunk Sequel. I care more about how a character that I created will move through a story.

The truth is that they will be working on a Cyberpunk multiplayer. Which is even better.

braisbr1

Oct 4, 2019
I think it's hard to judge at this point without really knowing what Cyberpunk will be like, but I'm hoping they'll move away from the Witcher - the 3rd was supposed to be the last one, wasn't it?

Deleted member 2229

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
Create your own char Witcher 4. Though its likely that we'll get both a cyberpunk and witcher sequel then new IP. They said they want to move over to doing 2 AAA projects at once.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Let me play Cyberpunk first fam

That said, if Witcher 4 stars Ciri, I'd go with that anyday

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
A new IP where they finally get their combat together.

Man the Witcher 3 is a god damn masterpiece in every way except the god damn combat. They just never pinned it down across 3 games.

s y

Nov 8, 2017
After the Witcher 3, the only way I'd play another witcher game is if it had a create a character.

Speely

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Asking if we want a sequel to a game that's not even out yet is peak era
Yeah. It really is.

The answer is an original IP. CDPR has just been vamping on existing IPs for a minute now. Do something new, huge company. I think they could do something great if they did so.

OP
OP

Black Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United States
As much as I eat, sleep and breathe Cyberpunk and all of the media the genre generates [movies, games, books, music], I would much rather go back to the world of The Witcher next because that is definitely a world I would like to see more of.

I feel that if it's done right, Cyberpunk 2077 can get everything a Cyberpunk game needs to get done, all in one amazing package - of course counting the DLC's and the multiplayer.

The Witcher tale has more to tell and could make for more exhilarating new experiences in that world.

Ascenion

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mecklenburg-Strelitz
Not The Witcher unless Geralt is the lead again, which after this Netflix series and Sapkowski potentially writing he undoubtedly will be.

ElMexiMerican

Oct 25, 2017
I have no idea because Cyberpunk isn't even out yet lmao. Maybe a sequel to CP? I'd be interested to see what CDPR does without any source material to work off of though.

Smoolio

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
If Witcher 4 is Geralt again that will fucking suck, Ciri or create-a-character plz.

Right now though I'm keen on Witcher verse from the show, after playing CP2077 that could change though.

OP
OP

Black Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United States
Asking if we want a sequel to a game that's not even out yet is peak era
Cyberpunk isn't even out yet lol
Maybe we could wait until Cyberpunk is actually out to make this decision...
We don't even know if Cyberpunk is good yet.
It's not out yet, but it's heavily based off of Cyberpunk 2020 and that's been out for quite some time. Going by it's gameplay, it's lore and it's setting; it's reasonably simple to determine what we can expect from Cyberpunk 2077. Granted, the quests and the main narrative will be new and original, however it's easy to extrapolate from the source material what kind of an experience we can expect - and also what we can hope to experience.

Speely

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It's not out yet, but it's heavily based off of Cyberpunk 2020 and that's been out for quite some time. Going by it's gameplay, it's lore and it's setting; it's reasonably simple to determine what we can expect from Cyberpunk 2077. Granted, the quests and the main narrative will be new and original, however it's easy to extrapolate from the source material what kind of an experience we can expect - and also what we can hope to experience.
I think it's safe to say that there will be a HUGE gulf between the tabletop game from the goddamn 90s and the videogame that lives in the future.

OHRye

Nov 17, 2017
None of this means the game is gonna be good or bad though.

Slim Action

Jul 4, 2018
I have a lot less of an idea of how Cyberpunk 2077 actually plays and feels than almost any other big game coming out next year. How is the shooting? How is the driving? How big/dense is the city? What about story? Minigames? Performance?

OP
OP

Black Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United States
A Ciri-focused Witcher 4 would be incredible.
That would break the internetz lol!
Like with TW3, my hopes are that Cyberpunk 2077 ends in such a satisfying way that you don't need a sequel for a long time.
Or ever.

Either way, I agree.

Maybe it's just me [and it probably is], I just feel like if this game is done properly, it shouldn't warrant A sequel. Blade Runner 2049 is outstanding, but I was initially extremely irritated when it was announced that they were making a sequel to Blade Runner because it didn't need one. Sometimes things are perfect just the way they are and don't need to be expounded upon to try improving perfection - if it ain't broke, don't fix it as they say :)

Plywood

Does not approve of this tag
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Aren't they already working on two other major projects besides Cyberpunk? I wouldn't be surprised if one is a new Witcher title.