• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which would you rather be part of?

• Justice League

Votes: 224 36.4%
  • Avengers

Votes: 391 63.6%

• Total voters

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
So say you could be any marvel/dc hero and you got a spot in one of these teams

DCAU.jpg

avengers-endgame-disney-1068x601.jpg

Which one would you pick and why? For me, I'd go with the League. The way its organized in JLU makes it seem kind of like a job or something and its pretty social/comfortable with the watchtower and all. Also, the League seems more like an NGO that works independent of the governement(hell the gov were the main villains for the first half of the series) so I like that part as well.

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn
Id hang out with Avengers after work since they actually all like each other, but I like the life expectancy that comes with how super powered the JL are.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean the League has even odds of Batman fucking everything up, so probably the Avengers. They live in a mansion sometimes.

Callibretto

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Avengers because Tony Stark seems to like throwing fun party. Like he even invite some war veteran to hang around with Cap

Also, I'd love to hang around with Scott Lang. Sounds like good time

dots

Oct 27, 2017
I want to avoid Batman plotting to take me down, Captain Atom exploding, Hal Jordan going yellow and destroying everything, the team deciding to wipe my memory, or Wonder Woman breaking my neck. So Avengers.

Matsukaze

Oct 25, 2017
Joining the Justice League means I have to put up with Batman, so I'll go with the Avengers.

Deleted member 17388

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The Avengers, there could be a chance to do something. Even to get into some kind of nextwave years later if I get forgotten by the current writers.

In the Justice League, the thing you get just entering the door is a plan to kill you made by Batman.
Also, as a PoC, I'd be probably written out of existence in the following five years by my white Silver Age version :v

ProtomanNeo

Oct 27, 2017
Justice League.

With the Avengers there always seems to be the potential for government interference.

Dakkon

Oct 27, 2017
Avengers is the more fun and friendly group, but the Justice League gets you broken powers and Batman profiling you.

Avengers for me.

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
JL all seem like tight wads and Bats is legit fucking out of his mind.

Avengers may be more way less powerful and more prone to death but they seem like a decent group to actually be a part of and like hang with.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
The Avengers, they seem a bit more friendly with each other and I bet they know how to have a better time. Imagine trying to get a drink with Batman after work. No thanks

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
Avengers just seem like a fun team, they hang out when not saving the galaxy.

The Justice League is like Olympus. The members aren't really friends and usually end up fucking each other (both literally and figuratively) over. I'd trust the Justice League more to save the Galaxy than the Avengers. But, being part of their team would be like joining a really stuffy corporate board.

Avengers pay and provide housing in NYC. I don't think the Justice League pays at all.

The Justice League absolutely pays for housing on their orbital station.

RiOrius

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like the Justice League has a better structure.

I've been working corporate for so long that that's actually reassuring to me ;_;
Yeah, that was my thought. Like, the Avengers is typically a team. They'll change up the team pretty regularly for funsies, but then that team will go handle whatever's going down. But my limited exposure to the Justice League (a cartoon I watched half a season of) seemed to imply that it was more like an agency of heroes that'd be assigned to problems based on their skillset and need. So like when something magic is going wrong in an ocean Zatanna and Aquaman would get deployed to go handle it.

So while I've enjoyed Avengers more as entertainment ('cause it's one group of characters I can follow tackling problems and improvising), if it's my ass on the line I'd rather do things the smart way.

onyx

Dec 25, 2017
The League. The Avengers are government sellouts. Plus the League has teleportation and boomtubes so I can save a ton on travel expenses.

GreenMamba

Oct 25, 2017
I love it in comics when a bunch of superheroes are just sitting around in full ass costume.

Like, Black Knight, there are around twenty-five people in this tiny ass room, put your sword away. And you can take your helmet off too, no one gives a shit about your secret identity (if he has one, I dunno).

Aske

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canadia
I mean the League has even odds of Batman fucking everything up, so probably the Avengers. They live in a mansion sometimes.

The Sentry is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more likely to fuck everything up than any member of the Justice League.

mikeys_legendary

The Fallen
Sep 26, 2018
The Avengers.

"The Justice League" sounds like a fascist organization.

"Avengers" sounds like a bunch of nerds which is fine by me.

hikarutilmitt

Dec 16, 2017
Not sure which.

On the one hand Avengers might be more fun and more down to Earth people.
League has some decent protection with Batman's prep work and a bunch of people on Superman's level.
Tech is maybe the same, maybe an edge given to Tony depending on which continuity of which team w're comparing.

Eh, who am I kidding, Avengers.

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
The one sucky thing with the Avengers is the MCU adopting the Ultimates aesthetic of them being this vigilante strike force, meaning that image persists throughout a lot of current media.

The old-school Avengers was basically a private membership club bumming it at Stark's house. So much more fun.

RedBaron17

Oct 27, 2017
If its MCU Avengers, I'd go with that one.
Otherwise, JL. Only if its just to see Supes annoy the shit out of Bats.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
To be fair though. When both get together it can be a fun party.

jlaavenparty.jpg

I love it in comics when a bunch of superheroes are just sitting around in full ass costume.

Like, Black Knight, there are around twenty-five people in this tiny ass room, put your sword away. And you can take your helmet off too, no one gives a shit about your secret identity (if he has one, I dunno).

To be fair to Black Knight throughout a lot of the Avengers history they didn't share secret identities.

vhoanox

Oct 25, 2017
Vietnam
To do what? Do they even have an office?

I rather be with the Xmen. They live in private island like a resort. Maybe there are world ending events every now and then then but let Cyclops and omega mutants deal with it.