• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Would you?

• Of course

Votes: 385 60.4%
  • Nope nope nope

Votes: 252 39.6%

• Total voters

III-V

Oct 25, 2017
Calling BS on all the claimers. 1 min no moving, those fuckers will be climbing down your fucking throat with that much time.

Nah, son.

III-V

Oct 25, 2017
That's not the scenario presented in the OP though. They just said 1 minute, arm.

Doesn't tell me anything about those things crawling in my throat.
He says 1 min, full arm, perfectly still. Those spiders would be crawling all over the face, into your nostrils and mouth.

fuck a bunch a that

kris.

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I had a fucking VISCERAL reaction when I noticed the mama spider. Like I fucking jumped.

I'd need a few shots of something first but $100k would help me out a ton so yeah I probably would.

I'd cry like a fucking baby the entire time though.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I got nothing against spiders but the number and speed makes it a hell no for me.

The mother being there just makes it worse lol

Fanuilos

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Na, I'm good. There's no way I could stay perfectly still while they're climbing up my arm.

echoshifting

very salt heavy
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The Negative Zone
Even the little ones bite and it hurts like hell. The pain would be insane. It's gonna be a big nope for me.

Defense

While many tarantulas are armed with urticating (stinging) hairs on their abdomens that they flick at their enemies, the cobalt blue tarantula does not possess this defense mechanism. Its only defense is its strong, vertical fangs, which can inflict a painful bite.

Disposition

The blue cobalt tarantula is one of the most aggressive tarantula species on earth. So aggressive, in fact, says David Sones's Tarantulas, that even young spiderlings have been known to fiercely attack.

https://animals.mom.me/top-10-things-cobalt-blue-tarantula-6509.html

Last edited:

III-V

Oct 25, 2017
it ain't gonna kill u or even cause permanent damage. And $100,000

One hundred thousand dollars.

Someone do the math and figure how many McDonalds egg and cheese biscuits that is
You will not make 1 min, full arm, no flinching with these tiny aggressive biting spiders crawling up you arms into you nostrils, down your fucking throat as they attack your eyeballs.

OP
OP
Ignis

Ignis

Oct 27, 2017
This responses in this thread have been so fascinating lol, some of you have guys have an interesting way of thinking.

Rebel1

Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

Yasuke

Oct 25, 2017
I'm clearly a coward, cause there's no amount of money you could pay me that would get me to do that.

DragonKeeper

Nov 14, 2017
For people asking if these spiders are poisonous. No they are not. You are perfectly safe eating them. All spiders, however, are venomous and cobalt tarantulas have a quite painful bite. Even if their venom wasn't any more dangerous than a bee sting, a thousand bee stings can kill you and the sheer number of bites you could get from sticking your arm in that nest could be very dangerous.

Last edited:

Nexus2049

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If someone legit showed me the 100k up front, I would do it. I would also proceed to cry during that 1 minute.

a916

Oct 25, 2017
Watching video: Yeah... I think I'm probably good, though I might be able to handle that...

Zooms out to show mother spider: WHAT THE FAWK

Mirage

Oct 25, 2017
Can't see how anyone would keep perfectly still if they started getting bit at all by these.

Forearm_Star

Oct 25, 2017
Walked into thread with a definite yes.

:Clicked the video:

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

gonna have to think about that one

Oct 26, 2017
Off-Topic---any idea why Twitter refuses to ever load? I'm on PC with an ad blocker, but it is disabled for all of ResetEra.

Oct 27, 2017
I think I would but I would need some type of device to keep them from crawling up my arm. I'm also assuming they're not poisonous.
Nearby mom would need to be removed from the vicinity, though.
edit: now I see their bites are extremely painful but not fatal. Given you are likely to get bit many, many times which might be fatal but either way nope.