• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
So I finally was able to order a copy of ring fit. And I have high hopes for it. But I also am not sure about the happy, fun time adventure tone of this and other fitness games. To me, the ideal fitness game would be fitness Bloodborne, at least in terms of tone and story. Give me that body horror body.

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
Ring Fit 40K?

With each squat being one squad of marines that you send out to their inevitable death?

Yes please!

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
I think the point of Ring Fit was to appeal to as many people as possible, so that the exercise becomes the central focus of the game. Giving it any sort of niche aesthetic would limit that appeal.

Though having said that, being able to reskin the game might be a nice thing to put into future installments.

Second, trying to turn exercise into a video game is already a bit corny by nature, so I feel like trying to get too serious about it would come across as too cheesy. I think the way Ring Fit kinda rolled with its own corniness was the right way to go.

Hero Prinny

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
... you want a bloodborne like fitness game...? I honestly can't tell if you're serious or if this is a parody thread on how everyone wants everything to be soulslike

robot

Oct 27, 2017
I think a "serious" exercise game would be a lot harder to accept. Playing around with a pilates ring is just kinda inherently goofy and Ring Fit embraces that with humor to good effect.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Exercise to keep your character alive, running is now on a treadmill with sawblades waiting at the end, pull apart the ring like you're stopping a pair of crushing walls from closing in on you, hold your squat pose in an oddly designed iron maiden to avoid being skewered.

I call this game Torture Training

Ketenge

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I do hope Nintendo at least produces a Ring Fit sequel, but I'd also be satisfied with Ring-con versions of older games. There's so much they can do with the concept (that I sometimes wonder could have been fulfilled with the Wii and its Remote), it'd be a shame if they just abandoned the hardware.

Panther2103

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah that would be a cool idea. I mean I loved typing of the dead and that was a horror typing game, so I don't see why it wouldn't work in a fitness game.

RiOrius

Oct 27, 2017
One of the things I hate about the exercise videos and games I've tried is that they're so positive, while I quickly come to loathe any form of exercise I try. No, Fitness Boxing Elsa Knock-off, I'm not feeling great and energized mid-workout. Fuck you.

So if this is a way to avoid that, yeah, I'll give it a shot.

Dec 25, 2018
It could be the Dark Souls of Fitness games.

Personally id love a fitness game that leans into synth/retro wave music and aesthetics'.

Burn Calorie's to defeat some AI overlord.