• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
There's Mickey no Tokyo Disneyland Daiboken, which is based on attractions of Tokyo Disneyland like Pirates of the Caribbean and Splash Mountain.

edit: damn sir_crocodile lol!

Swimble_87

Oct 27, 2017
Wasn't there a PS1 Magic Kingdom cart racer?

I'm sure I remember - before the first time I ever went to Florida - playing something like this - it may have been awful of course!

NickatNite

Oct 27, 2017
California
Haunted Mansion game, whereby the ghost have taken over the park and you have 1 night to fix things before the guests arrive the following morning.

adj_noun

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'd play something like Disneyland Adventures, but way better realized.

Actually, we're past due for Universal Studios to give it another shot.

balohna

Nov 1, 2017
WDW-esque as an interconnected world would be neat. Maybe an abandoned theme park "city" (with multiple parks, hotels, etc). Survival horror game? Or maybe like... Far Cry?

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
i still hope Dead Rising 5 will do exactly that. not a complete copy of disney world but something very inspired by it. i love theme park/carnival levels in games in general, one in silent hill 3, the funhouse in max payne 2, the carnival in house of the dead overkill, the tragic kingdom level in killing floor 2. can't get enough of that stuff.
Came in here to say dead rising. This is my dream game. Dead rising 2 off the record had that small carnival/them park section which was pretty good. If they did something like disneyworld, it would be incredible. Even throw in massive hotels and the monorail to take you to different parks. I can't believe someone hasn't tried to do a game like it already.

Robert

Nov 15, 2017
Yes. A thousand yes'. My childhood.
latest

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
There's two ways I can see this working really well.

Either do a very realistic rendering of the park where you can fully walk around, shop at stores, etc maybe like a Yakuza or Shenmue. Not sure that doing the rides would be fun to do if fully realistic. Would be a really cool VR experience.

My preference would be a having Disneyland be a hub world (maybe make it a little smaller since you don't have to have huge crowds of people) and make the rides be levels themed around the rides.
Basically it'd be like Mario 64 with the park as the castle and the rides as the paintings.

LordofPwn

Oct 27, 2017
I remember playing a point and click adventure game based on disney world when i was a kid. i think this was it:
The_Walt_Disney_World_Explorer_-_Second_Edition_box_art.jpg

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
give me a horror game

cmon if fnaf is allowed to be marketed to kids, so could a decrepit mascot game.

OP
OP

Deleted member 23850

Oct 28, 2017
There's two ways I can see this working really well.

Either do a very realistic rendering of the park where you can fully walk around, shop at stores, etc maybe like a Yakuza or Shenmue. Not sure that doing the rides would be fun to do if fully realistic. Would be a really cool VR experience.

My preference would be a having Disneyland be a hub world (maybe make it a little smaller since you don't have to have huge crowds of people) and make the rides be levels themed around the rides.
Basically it'd be like Mario 64 with the park as the castle and the rides as the paintings.

I like the first idea better. I dunno, I feel we have had the second game a little too often. And it's almost never good.

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
A horror game based on the original Epic Mickey concept art specifically designed to push further than Disney would ever allow. Give me Frankenstein clockwork monstrosities waging war on each other and humanity. I want Epcot fused with Monstro into a massive battleship damnit.

OP
OP

Deleted member 23850

Oct 28, 2017
Honestly, the Dreamcast version of the Walter Disney World Quest Magical Racing Tour was the best representation so far.

Oct 27, 2017
You could have an awesome horror game set inside a Disneyworld-style theme park. Make all the characters twisted abominations like FNAF or something. Heck, a lot of the concept art for Epic Mickey didn't seem too far removed from this kind of thing, even if the full game wasn't really.

Nov 2, 2017
The kinect game was fun but having to point everywhere to move and being unable to play with just an analog stick sucked.

But yes something like http://www.horizons-resurrected.com/ or http://journeybackintoimagination.blogspot.com/ but for lots of rides would be neat.
Probably mentioned elsewhere but Disneyland Adventures on Xbox One (and currently availabe via Game Pass) is a Kinect-free version.

I actually played it some after going to Disney World this past summer and thought it was pretty neat for a family friendly game.

mute

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Probably mentioned elsewhere but Disneyland Adventures on Xbox One (and currently availabe via Game Pass) is a Kinect-free version.
I did not know that.

If I ever get Game Pass I'd check that out pretty quick. The overworld isn't perfect, but it is fun to walk around it and spot the differences.

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
Was going to post this. Apparently it's really bad lol
The no Kinect PC version is not that bad. Its just a walking simulator with some minigames.
The actual worst part are the fetchquest system and that was obviously and afterthought (and actually sadly brings the whole game down if you try to play it as a normal game), more and better minigames, and actual fun RPG sidequests could have done wonders for the game. As a recreation of 2011 era Disneyland is pretty good, and soundwise feels like exactly being in the park, with the incredibly music surrounding the areas. Thats already more than the shitfest of non park music Epic Mickey had.

Mesoian

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 28, 2017
It was ok. Most games on NES were dogshit so not like it was particularly bad

I mean there's a level in there where you can react perfectly and still lose because you have to make a 1 out of 4 guess and if you get it wrong, you just lose.

It's some grade a bullshit.

How dare you? Adventures in Magic Kingdom is great. At least, that's how I remember it from when I was 9... 🤔

It is....

T E R R I B L E