• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Should Master Chief be invited to finish the fight?

• Yes

Votes: 635 55.6%
  • No

Votes: 508 44.4%

• Total voters

Capricorn

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, I'm pretty disappointed with the DLC fighters so far. We need more beloved characters associated to Nintendo like Banjo and less third party characters.

That being said, I'd allow Goku if only to see the meltdowns here.

Meelow

Oct 31, 2017
I already have an idea on what the trailer would be, Samus and Ridley fighting and Ridley kicking Samus ass, right before Ridley finishes Samus, Master Chief attacks Ridley and saves her.

Dogenzaka

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 20, 2019
Wouldn't be against it at all, but there's like 50 characters I'd pick before him.

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Master Chief getting in Smash would mean HALO MUSIC IN SMASH. Fuck yeah.

Deleted member 4037

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I just don't feel he would be interesting enough other than the context of him being in smash. Its a no from me

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
More for the "HOLY SHIT" moment and the stage and music over how the actual character might play, but sure.

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
I'd like to see them add the iDOLM@STER, chief.

0HEdF6R.png

CyberWolfBia

Apr 5, 2019
Brazil
Actually, no, I don't. Not that I have anything against the character or the series, is just that I have no attachment to him at all.

Banjo was basically a Nintendo character trapped in another system. If things were different and Rare was bought by Nintendo, Banjo would be in Smash years ago.

As for now, with just two DLC spots remaining, I'd prefer them filled with 3rd Party characters with more presence on Nintendo systems (and Master Chief had only a Minecraft skin on Wii U and Switch, that I personally barely count).

rochellepaws

Oct 25, 2017
Ireland
Never played the Halo games but I don't really associate the character with having any kind of personality other than being a generic space shooter guy so I don't see it as an interesting addition.

Apopheniac

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'd rather have Smash stick to Japanese characters and characters who are associated with Nintendo. There are plenty of Western fighting games that Master Chief could cross over into.

darthbob

One Winged Slayer
Nov 20, 2017
That seems like a really bad idea turning Samus into a "damsel in distress."
Samus calls for backup, a UNSC Longsword flies by and Chief executes a HALO drop to Samus' location. She asks "You armed?" He says "I brought a weapon", and unslings an MA5B or some shit, like an actual gun lmao

Fans go nuts.

NiallGGlynn

Apr 16, 2019
I would love it but I'm very nostalgic for that series. Sakurai could honestly stick in any character and I would look forward to playing as them at this stage.

ProtomanNeo

Oct 27, 2017
Nah. Ryu Hayabusa is the last character from a non Nintendo franchise I can think of that I'm interested in.

woopWOOP

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I don't particularly care for Halo
but about any big 3rd party additions sounds cool to me at this point, so yeah sure.

I'd rather have Doomguy tho

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
No. Microsoft is already represented in Smash by Banjo. The last thing we need is another bland robot man with guns. We already have Samus for that.

Oct 27, 2017
Why are people saying no? What's the harm in adding him?

The question is whether you would like to have Master Chief in Halo or not. If you don't want to, why wouldn't you say so?

There's no harm in adding, I don't know, Liberty Belle from DC Comics or Jay Gatsby from The Great Gatsby either. Being a video game character doesn't instantly make you perfect for Smash.

There are some hot/bad takes

Including saying that people should want this character to be included in Smash simply because there's no harm in adding him.

Hardvlade

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Absolutely, Master Chief is an iconic character and being able to have a fight between Chief and Samus (Haloid Part 2) would be fucking amazing and like someone mentioned earlier, Halo music in Super Smash Bros would be glorious as well.

It would definitely get me to play the game more often, that's for sure.

GamerJM

Nov 8, 2017
Chief and Goku/Superman are the last characters left that would really make people go "wtf," at least until they start adding real people or whatever. I'd want it just for the reactions and the trailer. As soon as you hear the first three notes of the main Halo theme you know what's going down.

Proven

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
The question is whether you would like to have Master Chief in Halo or not. If you don't want to, why wouldn't you say so?

There's no harm in adding, I don't know, Liberty Belle from DC Comics or Jay Gatsby from The Great Gatsby either. Being a video game character doesn't instantly make you perfect for Smash.

Including saying that people should want this character to be included in Smash simply because there's no harm in adding him.

I'm not one to go into a thread and say I don't want something when I have no interest in the thing I don't want but that's just me. If there's no harm in doing something I don't see how adding a character to a game will affect me.

SpeedyBlueDude

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Nov 17, 2017
Provo, Utah
Now that we have Banjo in, and we see Microsoft and Nintendo are willing to work with each other, I want no character more than Chief.

He's basically the only console/generation defining character that isn't in the game now.

shinken

Oct 27, 2017
Has there been a guest character in Smash which never had a game released on a Nintendo system before?

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
I wouldn't be strongly against it but I can think of about 100 characters I would be more excited about. I'd feel differently if we didn't already get Banjo-Kazooie, though. People actually thought Sakurai would pick Master Chief or Steve before them.

Has there been a guest character in Smash which never had a game released on a Nintendo system before?

No, unless you count Roy whose game was meant to come out before Melee but was delayed.

Last edited:

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
No. If I want a green clad space marine in Smash Bros., I want the DOOM Marine.

DJpMXy6XoAE0rHf.jpg

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Hell no.

Smash Bros isn't "video game all-stars". Let's stick with franchises that actually have Nintendo history, please.