• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 59955

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 14, 2019
15y0Qt2F-600x338.jpg

Let's say in a decade from now, WB and Rocksteady want to make a grand special once in a lifetime return to the Arkham series. Then they decide to make Batman: Beyond Arkham. Would you like to see it happen one day?

I think a Batman Beyond Arkham game with Terry Mcguinnis would be very cool and would make for a cool Cyberpunk Batman game. We could have a Neo Gotham City, jet boosters to fly around, futuristic gadgets, brand new versions of old villains, etc. Though last time they tried a Batman Beyond type game, WB didn't use Terry Mcginnis because they thought he wasn't popular enough so I don't know if this will ever happen.

Batman: Beyond Arkham is a better name than Batman: Arkham Beyond.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Do I want a game starring the best parts of Spider-Man and Batman mashed together? Yes, yes I do.

Fire the marketing manager if the reveal trailer isn't set to this.

Nanashrew

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Batman Beyond could be cool. But he doesn't really need heavy armor. Tech should have advanced far beyond the need for that stuff. Gimme a sleek outfit and some sleek tech.

sheaaaa

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Anything Batman is welcome at this point. I'm replaying City and it's such a fantastic game.

Pau

Self-Appointed Godmother of Bruce Wayne's Children
Oct 25, 2017
I'd rather see the rest of Bruce's children first.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
They would need to nail the art style. Suit should be sleek and with clean lines, not over designed and like armour. I forget which Arkham game had a Beyond skin, but it was ugly.

But yes I very much want it.

Neonep

Oct 25, 2017
I've been wanting something Batman Beyond related in a game or movie for what feels like forever. I would also like to see a Flash game, hell do a Nightwing game, give Dick Greyson a real nice story.

secretanchitman

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
10000x yes. A Batman Beyond Arkham game would be amazing - honestly would be a dream game for me. Will Friedle and Kevin Conroy voicing Terry and Bruce? Hell yeah!

Oct 29, 2017
Hot take: Despite loving Batman Beyond as a concept, I find it way too difficult to suspend my disbelief of Gotham somehow becoming a cyberpunk megacity with flying cars in the time between Bruce in his 40's and Bruce in his 80's/90's. I think it should be retconned as some kind of alternate universe Bruce where technology was always advancing faster than prime earth's timeline or whatever the hell terminology DC uses for their multiverse main Earth universe.

Having said that, I'd play it day one.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
Hot take: Despite loving Batman Beyond as a concept, I find it way too difficult to suspend my disbelief of Gotham somehow becoming a cyberpunk megacity with flying cars in the time between Bruce in his 40's and Bruce in his 80's/90's. I think it should be retconned as some kind of alternate universe Bruce where technology was always advancing faster than prime earth's timeline or whatever the hell terminology DC uses for their multiverse main Earth universe.

Having said that, I'd play it day one.
Bruce could live forever if he had time to prepare.

Nacery

Jul 11, 2018
Not with that Batsuit that's for sure. Rocksteady character designs are quite bad.

JetmanJay

Nov 1, 2017
I mean, can we just get ANY new Batman game? I don't care if it's Beyond, Damian Wayne/Future, A Justice League game or what - just something besides vague ass teases for years on end.

Oct 24, 2019
I'd much rather see games on other DC characters first. Superman, Flash, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Aquaman, Green Arrow, Justice League Dark, etc.

we've had plenty of Batman, but the DC universe is so much bigger than Gotham and we need to see other corners of it

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I've been waiting for this for years. Every time they announce a new Arkham game that isn't Beyond I just get more and more disappointed.

Maybe one day we'll get awesome cyberpunk batman. Maybe one day... As long as it's not with Damian, fuck Damian seriously jesus what a little shit.

NazoNazoXLR

Dec 20, 2019
I'd much rather see games on other DC characters first. Superman, Flash, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Aquaman, Green Arrow, Justice League Dark, etc.

we've had plenty of Batman, but the DC universe is so much bigger than Gotham and we need to see other corners of it

Part of the reason Batman gets so many video games, other than the fact that he is more popular than the rest, is because his skill set translates very easily. He has a car. He punches people. He sneaks around. He has an inventory full of gimmicky little doodads. It's very 1:1 with established game design. Making a good Batman game doesn't require some sort of great insight as much as it does high level execution.

Adapting these characters for the medium of video games is a difficult thing. Even something like the PS4 Spider-Man game, which is beloved, was walking a lot of well-tread ground in terms of basically combining the PS2 era Spidey titles with the Arkham games and throwing in a bit of Uncharted.

What's the closest thing to a good Superman game there's ever been? Zone of Enders 2? People been having trouble making a decent 3D Sonic the Hedgehog for almost 30 years now, how would they manage to make a Flash game work? Would an Aquaman game be 100% underwater levels when there are already a lot of people who hate those? And how do you make a good Green Lantern game without limiting the versatility of a character who's supposed to be able to create anything he can think of?

I'm not saying I wouldn't be up for any of the above but... I can certainly understand if we get a new Batman game before any of those. It's easier to innovate or revise an existing set of ideas than create something feasible from next-to-scratch.

OP
OP

Deleted member 59955

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 14, 2019

Well my idea for it is that it would come after this whole DC Games Universe thing happens. Like maybe in 10 years from now. As a special return to the Arkham series.