• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Would you play story DLC for FF7R?

• Yes

Votes: 108 24.1%
  • No

Votes: 340 75.9%

• Total voters

Bit_Reactor

Banned
Apr 9, 2019
You can pay $15.99 for the entire story right now on PSN!
Hahaha Oh man you're so clever holy shit someone should totally sign you up to be a writer because oh wow you sure got the best jokes like wow how could I have missed this never before seen commentary and never before typed response? Clearly I've been living under a rock because never in all my years have I see the "play the original" response regarding a remake or remaster like wow. Man I learned something today. I'm a new man.

Faenix1

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
They are already breaking ff7 into multiple releases. People would be okay with story DLC on top of that? What the hell.

Mugman

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I think it would be kind of cool to do little mini episodes in between releases as a way to keep people sated before the next full length entry. There's enough content and leeway to make a little 5-10 hour expansion out of, say, Kalm/flashback, chocobo farm and ending it with either a fight against the Midgar zolom or the Turks in that cave. I don't think it'll happen for a variety of reasons, but it would make the wait easier for me for part 2.

Not sure how interested I'd be in more combat arena thingies though.

robot

Oct 27, 2017
I'm already going to be spending $180-$240 dollars (new) just to get the base story. They can leave out the extra DLC on top of that thanks.

Nov 23, 2017
The only story DLC I'd play is the same story but from the alternative timeline Zack perspective. If they're willing to tide us over on that until the next game then fine. Otherwise, I'd rather have them focus on Part II.

Xeteh

Oct 27, 2017
Considering all the busy work they already included I doubt they left much in the cutting room to make in to DLC.

Roliq

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 23, 2018
Pretty sure someone asked this before and the consensus was "No, better release parts faster"

Belthazar90

Banned
Jun 3, 2019
The game is already split in god knows how many parts.... splitting it more in even smaller chunks would be an even bigger mess

Invictus

Oct 25, 2017
The only kind of dlc I want is maybe some advent children skins for characters like cloud. Other than that I would prefer they move on which I believe they already have?

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Why do people make polls that are opposed to the question in the title?

I would play it if they made it, I would very much rather they don't make it and just concentrate on the next game.

2ndTuXx

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
No, but wouldn't mind a definitive PS5 version with bonus content like extra summonings and colosseum challenges.

Arkeband

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Absolutely do not want to have to manage X number of games and X number of DLC's. Just want them to provide the story in a linear, predictable fashion.

MrBS

Oct 27, 2017
Yes I would play any DLC, no I'd rather they go straight to part 2. The drop off in uptake on DLC would mean it being insubstantial and/or having to be revisited in a later main installment anyway.

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
I'd prefer if they focused fully on part 2.

But if they for some reason made DLC, and it looked neat, I'd probably buy it since I liked a FF7R a heck of a lot.
Pretty much this.

I fantasize about DLC where the group just moseys on over to Kalm. It's chill as heck, just you and your party, hitchhiking down a road across green countryside. Much more linear than Part 2's field would be, but you could wander off the beaten path to check out a scenic view here and there. You'd make camp at points, visit gas stations, etc. Nothing of note would happen, other than the warm fuzzies of spending more time with these people as they travel to Kalm. It would essentially be Final Fantasy VII Remake: FF15: The Road Trip Part: Truncated Edition. And I would love it.

But, like, hopefully they could develop this with a smaller team while the main team develops Part 2 proper at warp speed.

DontHateTheBacon

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
Hahaha Oh man you're so clever holy shit someone should totally sign you up to be a writer because oh wow you sure got the best jokes like wow how could I have missed this never before seen commentary and never before typed response? Clearly I've been living under a rock because never in all my years have I see the "play the original" response regarding a remake or remaster like wow. Man I learned something today. I'm a new man.
Glad to help.

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
Go straight to Part 2 please. If they do any DLC for FF7 I hope it's non-story stuff like an arcade arena mode or something.

May 15, 2019
What is up with people making the topic question different from the poll. I would rather they just make part 2 but if they did story dlc I'd play it

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
I don't like how the thread title and poll are asking two different questions. Seems like a lot of people voted based upon the thread title and not the poll question.

I would play story dlc if it was made

They should work on FF7R2 and not waste time with dlc.

Chronos

Oct 27, 2017
I want the next installment more than anything, but if they did a DLC expansion I would certainly welcome it. I guess it really depends on what kind story they are telling and if they could even feasibly do something like that.

FTF

Oct 28, 2017
New York
Please no dlc, I don't want part 2 coming out later than 2023. And that's best case scenario already 😕

JoeNut

Oct 27, 2017
UK
I can imagine they'd do a section like to usaid, maybe 2 or 3 more summons?
Ps how do get stagger over 160% for the battle Intel?

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't mind like a Wutai DLC set in the Pogoda area, since we might not get the whole city until part 3. Could be a Yuffie preview for part 2 and an origin for her arc (with a Zack cameo in the war)

OP
OP

Normanski 2.0

Nov 21, 2017
I don't like how the thread title and poll are asking two different questions. Seems like a lot of people voted based upon the thread title and not the poll question.

I would play story dlc if it was made

They should work on FF7R2 and not waste time with dlc.

Sorry that's my bad. It'll definitely be something that I'll avoid doing next time.

Gambit

Oct 27, 2017
Straight to part 2, of course.

Though if it's an interesting concept I'd probably buy the DLC., especially if it's starring non-normal party members like a Rufus side-story of what he did up to that point.

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
im sorry but if they do DLC we won't be getting part 2 anytime soon, that's just how sqenix. so no plz no DLC just straight to part 2 or whatever they end up calling it.

Chumunga64

Jun 22, 2018
DLC for part one of an episodic remake of one game sounds like a fake parody idea made by a YouTuber to talk shit about EA or Activision

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
I've wondered if they might do an abridged version of Crisis Core somehow, within the boundaries of what they have and/or will create for the main saga. They could do it by outsourcing it & recycling a lot of the assets from the remakes, though perhaps it'd be even easier after Part 2, once they have more of the world done from outside Midgar.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've wondered if they might do an abridged version of Crisis Core somehow, within the boundaries of what they have and/or will create for the main saga. They could do it by outsourcing it & recycling a lot of the assets from the remakes, though perhaps it'd be even easier after Part 2, once they have more of the world done from outside Midgar.
Storywise they can't do it until Part 2 since it would spoil a lot of plot points

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
Storywise they can't do it until Part 2 since it would spoil a lot of plot points
That too, yeah. It's just that they have talked about wanting/planning to offer something for fans between the main saga releases, to help make the wait more bearable. Hard to imagine it being something completely new. Does Before Crisis spoil anything from the future main FFVII storyline? Doesn't that mostly take place in Midgar? Maybe some kind of retelling of it, then?

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
ffs no. Give me more of the original so that I will someday have played through the whole new saga. Fuck DLC for this.