• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Hank Scorpio as your boss?

• Yes

Votes: 141 88.7%
  • No

Votes: 18 11.3%

• Total voters

Uzumaki Goku

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

What really kills me about this is how Scorpio is totally a take over the world supervillain yet Homer completely fails to notice it.

The above is how villains SHOULD deal with James Bond but refuse to.

Guzim

Oct 25, 2017
Hank Scorpio treated Homer with respect and showed compassion when Homer chose his family over a career. I'd love him as a boss.

Alpheus

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, he has his head up his ass with his world domination schemes but he's generous to his employees.

Oct 25, 2017
I mean he took proactive action against serial sexual harasser James Bond, can't say that about like 99% of other CEOs

Plus he carries sugar in his pocket

Lost Lemurian

Nov 30, 2019
Absolutely.

"You Only Move Twice" is my favorite episode of the show, and Hank was very much my actual role model when I became a supervisor at work.

Nov 20, 2018
tenor.gif

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
I've worked for worse bosses.

Considering how well he treats his employees, I also wonder if he would be a good world leader if he succeeds at his supervillain thing.

But on the other hand, he's a pretty shit recruiter if he hired Homer to head one of his divisions.

buttzilla

Sep 9, 2020
The commentary talks about the rise of CEO's like these in the 90s, I think they even call that group of people proto-Silicon Valley bosses.

I would love to learn more about bosses & CEO's that Hank was modeled after from the 90s, before the rise of tech-bro CEO's.

Oct 27, 2017
I mean, in the end all CEOs are tools of some evil machine. At least in Scorpio's case he provides good compensation and work-life balance.

Transistor

Hollowly Brittle
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
Fuck yes. Sure he was an evil ass maniac, but he took care of his employees damn good. Much better than my bosses who are evil ass maniacs and don't give a shit about their employees

platypotamus

Oct 25, 2017
Listen to this man's theme song and tell me you wouldn't sign up. Come ON!

- YouTube

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Urishizu

Dead Drop Studios Founder
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
The man provides a stock plan that helps you invest. Burgers on Fridays. He cares about you. He is the boss you need.

Sacrilicious

Oct 30, 2017
I've worked for worse bosses.

Considering how well he treats his employees, I also wonder if he would be a good world leader if he succeeds at his supervillain thing.

But on the other hand, he's a pretty shit recruiter if he hired Homer to head one of his divisions.

I mean, he actually managed to bring out a shockingly competent employee from within Homer.

His team was hard-working, motivated and way ahead of the weather machine and germ warfare divisions.

I'd say the results speak for themselves.

Calamari41

Oct 25, 2017
Scorpio is great and I'm not so sure that it would be worse to be ruled by him in the event that he actually took over

Rellodex

Oct 29, 2017
I work for a company owned by a company owned by a headline-making (not so much recently though) villainous billionaire and honestly I just ignore it.

The only connection my employer has to its parent company is the logo on the W2 that shows up at my house.

My day-to-day organizational life consists of about 400 people and the practices and policies of our (ultimate) owner are essentially boiled down to conduct training and motivational posters.

It's kind of weird to think about actually. I feel like I'm showing up at work and collaborating with my coworkers, not propping up the folks up top raking in the cash flow. Even the entry level labor jobs are full benefits and like 3x minimum wage so it's kind of a weird spot to be in.

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
Generous pay, respect, and all that other jazz? I feel like most people would. Why wouldn't they?

Coolsambob

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 27, 2017
I get that amazing self cleaning house, great pay and can half-ass the job whilst still getting football team sized bonuses?

Absolutely.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
God if he wasnt a supervillan...yeah. Hank Scorpio would be a great boss. Treats his employees super well. Even Homer did a damn good job working for him even though he had no idea what was going on.