• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 5549

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
For me it's how cynical and jaded as fuck everyone seems to be in here, myself included. It's a great place to come to bitch about the latest game/movie franchise and have some laughs with others but I wouldn't really want to spend an extended period of time with your average ERA user. It's just not a personality type that most people wanna be around in the outside world.
so, you suggest we shouldn't be dating anyone, period?

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
I'm fairly certain that many reactions are based on the average user and their horrible opinions on everything, not specifically aimed at "the women of resetera".
But... assuming the straight male posters are largely saying this, then they wouldn't be dating those "horrible" people...

Is the hygiene of the women here really that bad? Something tells me you're exaggerating
They're projecting.

Dead Guy

Oct 25, 2017
Saskatchewan, Canada
so, you suggest we shouldn't be dating anyone, period?

I'm saying a lot of people on this site have (or at least present) a personality that people tend to find unattractive. Not all people mind you but in my experience people don't respond well to you if you're constantly negative about everything (this is coming from a guy that is incredibly negative himself most of the time).

But hey, maybe that's more reason to create a dating site just for Reset ERA members. We can all find our miserable other half lol.

Oct 27, 2017
But... assuming the straight male posters are largely saying this, then they wouldn't be dating those "horrible" people...

Pretty sure all the emphatic no's are joking about or ridiculing the average male ERA-member, even if that does indeed not make much sense. I've always felt like there's something toxically masculine and self-loathing about the way some guys like to signal that they think they're much better than the average (male) user. Tho, it's also just a running joke I guess.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Pretty sure all the emphatic no's are joking about or ridiculing the average male ERA-member, even if that does indeed not make much sense. I've always felt like there's something toxically masculine and self-loathing about the way some guys like to signal that they think they're much better than the average (male) user. Tho, it's also just a running joke I guess.
Yeah, pretty much. I still think there's a lot of projection too, tbh

Four-Eyes

Banned
May 12, 2019
User Banned (permanent): troll account
No, I'd rather not be sexually assaulted, or invited to see someone's "anime collection" they share via Discord.

Deleted member 5549

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm saying a lot of people on this site have (or at least present) a personality that people tend to find unattractive. Not all people mind you but in my experience people don't respond well to you if you're constantly negative about everything (this is coming from a guy that is incredibly negative himself most of the time).

But hey, maybe that's more reason to create a dating site just for Reset ERA members. We can all find our miserable other half lol.
but we're all miserable. on a regular dating app you won't know how miserable they are right away. having a source to check their misery is actually not that bad an idea.

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018

I imagine no one is like they are on here in irl. I'm certainly not like I am on here. Likewise I imagine no one else is. Even yourself.

Considering most of this thread's probably straight male.... Ouch, didn't think I'd see so much hate for Era's women. xD
That's what I was thinking....I can understand the women of the site not wanting to get involved but I'm surprised to see such an uproar against the women of the site.
Is the hygiene of the women here really that bad? Something tells me you're exaggerating

Everyone who said no would probably actually sign up if there was one.

And I think it's safe to assume that vast majority of posters are light-heartedly reffering to themselves and their fellow male posters with the "hell no" response as it's usually the male posters making the "Does anyone not wipe their ass after the toilet?" threads...

Logistic

Oct 30, 2017
There are continually threads on how hygiene works or why it's really important. Hell, no. Good God, NO.

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
For me it's how cynical and jaded as fuck everyone seems to be in here, myself included. It's a great place to come to bitch about the latest game/movie franchise and have some laughs with others but I wouldn't really want to spend an extended period of time with your average ERA user. It's just not a personality type that most people wanna be around in the outside world.
you sound fun on dates

Oct 25, 2017
canada
fourth date. show her how you slice watermelons a deter bandits.
maxresdefault.jpg

LegendX48

Oct 25, 2017
That would be kinda interesting, though I imagine it'd be a small pool of people.... that I would scare away with my dumbness >.>

AimLow

Dec 10, 2017
Even though, politically, this community is more in line with my own beliefs, the male to female ratio is just way too lopsided, so no.

Also, not many in my age group (middle age). I'd be competing with guys 10 to 20 years younger than me for women closer to their own age.

Patsy

Jun 7, 2019
Germany
"If I were a woman hell no" Y'all know lesbians exist, right?

Anyway, as a lesbian I guess there'd probably only be a dozen of other wlw around my age here to begin with lmao but I guess I wouldn't be opposed to it?

Nerokis

Oct 25, 2017

This is more caricature than reality.

Think about it: if we meet up in a heated thread discussing this or that controversy, yeah, bitching at each other is going to be one predominant form of interaction. Naturally, I won't be asking you about your interests, asking you how everything has been, cracking jokes about this or that random thing, or commenting on how beautiful the past few days have been.

"You're a fucking idiot, dude. How can you not see that you've internalized some rather shitty attitudes?

Oh, by the way, I'm still buzzing about how great that Thai-style sizzling red snapper was. Let's go out again soon!"

Not how it works. :P

Oct 25, 2017
In my experience hanging out with people from this and the old site is that people's personality comes off very different on a forum compared to in real time and that is just over voice.

KDReyes92

Oct 25, 2017
If that dating app is anything like this thread then hell yeah I would.

Some of you are really funny.

Dead Guy

Oct 25, 2017
Saskatchewan, Canada
I imagine no one is like they are on here in irl. I'm certainly not like I am on here. Likewise I imagine no one else is. Even yourself.

This is more caricature than reality.

Think about it: if we meet up in a heated thread discussing this or that controversy, yeah, bitching at each other is going to be one predominant form of interaction. Naturally, I won't be asking you about your interests, asking you how everything has been, cracking jokes about this or that random thing, or commenting on how beautiful the past few days have been.

"You're a fucking idiot, dude. How can you not see that you've internalized some rather shitty attitudes?

Oh, by the way, I'm still buzzing about how great that Thai-style sizzling red snapper was. Let's go out again soon!"

Not how it works. :P

Could very well be true but all any of us have to work with is the online personas people present.

you sound fun on dates

Never been on a date so I have no idea. I already said that I recognize I'm a pretty negative person in general unfortunately. That's exactly my point though. Imagine an entire dating site where all the guys are people like me. That's exactly what you'd get with an ERA dating app. It would be a misanthropic nightmare lol.

Nerokis

Oct 25, 2017
Could very well be true but all any of us have to work with is the online personas people present.

There are multiple online filters at work here, though.

heated Era threads >>> Era proper >>> community threads/OTs >>> chatrooms >>> voice hangouts - - - meetups

If you spend your time primarily in those first two spaces, you're going to have a skewed conception of Erans, because there isn't much actual interpersonal communication going on there. It's disproportionately driven by The Meta and The Discourse.

Unsurprisingly, that exact dynamic is playing out in this thread.