• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Anthem or Destiny 2 Year 3 Dlc

• Anthem

Votes: 360 46.4%
  • Year 3 of Destiny 2

Votes: 122 15.7%
  • Neither

Votes: 243 31.3%
  • Other

Votes: 20 2.6%
  • Both

Votes: 31 4.0%

• Total voters

Anubis

User requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If you had to choose with multiplayer being a focus?

panda-zebra

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
They say better the devil you know. Fuck that, I'll go with the one I don't and cross my fingers.

Osiris397

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This is basically Palpatine Red vs. Palpatine Blue until they both prove otherwise, so I'm going to hang back and observe the response of the first couple of months before handing over my money for either of them..

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
Destiny has burned me enough, whereas Anthem is a brand new game I'm willing to give a chance. Lack of PvP hurts, though.

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
Jebaited by bungie for the 3rd time? Nah. I need Anthem especially after the alpha

DanteMenethil

Oct 25, 2017
I'm done with the Destiny franchise forever. I've learned my lesson after being burned twice by that franchise. I'll maybe try Anthem if friends are on board.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
If I had to choose I'd rather go with anthem. Destiny has burned me twice in both instances I was in on day 1 for both vanilla versions and I am done giving bungie the benefit of the doubt that they've learned their lesson in ways I find meaningful.

Anthem, despite the majority of shit Bioware gets, still has a chance if they take criticisms from the open beta to heart whenever that comes out. I don't recall hearing particularly favorable impressions on the closed alpha/beta but it's early on enough they can make that better.

Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver, Canada
Honestly... Maybe Anthem at this point. I haven't been able to get myself back on to play D2 since Black Armory dropped, because there are so many other games I've got sitting around. I may just need an extended break at this point.

OP
OP
Anubis

Anubis

User requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No one is concerned about EA and their past anti consumer practices?

Oct 29, 2017
Anthem but not because ima destiny hater. Only because I know the division sold crazy. It'll do better then a dlc year for destiny. Destiny 3 launch though has potential to be larger than anthem. All the naysayers will be right back if the trailers show " nah we are bigger better with way more stuff this time guys a promise". Including me. New power elements n I'm RIGHT back in no other questions asked.

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I already gave up on Destiny, the overall endgame progression just didn't grab me. I have a feeling I'll fall off Anthem's endgame too, its probably residual burnout from my WoW days.

Apal_ytos

Oct 29, 2017
Greece
I am eagerly awaiting the Anthem open beta to decide if I will preorder it. I liked what I saw this far, but I need to feel how it plays.
I am done with destiny , because of 2. I'll probably get a complete collection down the line to play the rest of the story quest but that's about it .

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Anthem. It looks fresh and potentially will offer up one narrative/stylistic choice that I adore: exosuits, baby!

I have probably run my course with Destiny now. I loathed it at vanilla launch in 2014, loved it circa Taken King, and felt bored and disappointed with vanilla 2 last year within a week. I saw positive things being said about Forsaken but still had zero interest in returning.

Anthem is definitely still drawing a lot of skepticism from me, but if I had to invest money and time in one or the other, I think I'd rather take a gamble on Anthem's potential than Destiny's likelihood of disappointing or quick-burning out.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Anthem. Really interested to see what they do. Love the overall look, interested in the loot setup and the mobility looks awesome.

Destiny interest for me ended with the Wolves expansion. The overall feel is just old now and nothing they add will change that.

Trickster

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Monster Hunter World Iceborne would be my choice.

Anthem looks boring. And Destiny 2's annual pass has been hot garbage so far. Really not feeling either game at all at this point

Stone Dudeman

Oct 27, 2017
I've given Destiny two chances now and ended up disappointed each time, so I won't be back for a third.

Anthem seems promising, and I've heard good thing from people who've played, so I'll likely give it a try.

Tebunker

Oct 25, 2017
I mean we really dont know a whole lot about Anthem. All we have had is a limited alpha.

With multiplayer being your focus I guess Destiny? Or how about Ghost Recon new year? or Division 2?

I am hopeful that Anthem has a legit co-op campaign.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Anthem.

Destiny has burned me far too much already. Perhaps I'll check Destiny 3, but only if it's a radical overhaul.

Techno

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I personally would go with Year 3 Destiny 2 once it's all released and if they bring out anything decent. I heard the Black Armoury stuff is shit so I didn't bother buying the pass.

I might just end up sticking with Path of Exile as always.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I'm already into D2 for the long haul but I'm not sure about Anthem yet because I don't really know much about it.

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
Anthem but only because I want to wait for Destiny 3 on next-gen before getting back into that series.

Scuffed

Oct 28, 2017
Honestly I think Warframe is the best one to invest time in. I guarantee it's the only one that will have support for a long time. Destiny 2 will get the can when Destiny 3 comes out and you know that will happen and I have no confidence in Anthem getting lots of updates.

Arrrammis

Oct 25, 2017
Bungie have shown that they can put in good gameplay and experiences, as shown in TTK, ROI, and Forsaken, but don't seem to understand or care what people really enjoy in new content, because they keep charging $20 for tri-monthly DLCs that bring nothing besides disappointment and another loot treadmill that you only do so you can level up enough to get higher numbers on the same guns you're already using. They've been doing it for 5 years now, and have gotten billions of dollars for it, so I don't see them doing anything better any time soon.

The thing about Anthem is that it's new enough that I can give them a chance to win me over. The systems look cool, graphics are great, and those I spoke with seemed to enjoy the alpha (even though I couldn't get any details, respect that NDA!), so I hope to get some more insight when the open beta comes around. Not really hyped, more... curious than anything. If I like the beta, then I have a new game to play with friends. If not, then at least I haven't sunk more than $400 into that franchise between a sequel and numerous DLCs.

In the meantime, Warframe is still keeping me company. Super hyped for Railjack!

Geist

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not fully sold, but the alpha of Anthem made me more likely to get it than Destiny again.

Deleted member 13645

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Anthem for me of those 3. Destiny i'm pretty done with at this point. I'll wait to play Destiny 3 until it has its Taken King or Forsaken equivalent. The Division is cool, but it's a bit too boring in setting for me. I prefer a sci-fi or fantastical setting so the guns, abilities and enemies can get really crazy.

Strakt

Oct 27, 2017
Prob destiny; nothing of the looter shooter genre compares to its movement/shooting. The game needs work in a lot of areas but I still prefer it over Anthem / Division

VaporSnake

Oct 28, 2017
Anthem hasn't shown anything that looks promising to me, and I'm pretty sure we can all close our eyes and imagine what Destiny year 3 would be like "Guardian, another ancient threat has emerged, please pew pew it to death and then get on this endless treadmill grind until you lose interest"

So neither?

I do actually enjoy Destiny though, I think the gameplay is sublime, but it's just become rote at how they handle new content, it's like they are terrified to experiment with the formula.

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Neither

Bungie has burned me so many times, and I don't trust Bioware to pull off a looter shooter either.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Destiny on PC is such a dream to play that, honestly, any more content will work for me.

Anthem has a LOT to live up to in that regard... but ME3 MP was some of the best combat Iv'e ever played on PC.

Both are promising.