• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 17388

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Let him reboot Tomb Raider just for the sake of it :p

450_1000.jpg

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Nope. Dude has some ideas I vehemently disagree with and doesn't seem to care much about audiences outside of Japan.

EarthPainting

Oct 26, 2017
Town adjacent to Silent Hill
I only want new IPs from him, to be honest. Someone from a creative background being shackled to existing IPs bums me out a bit. I'd also argue that Nomura's best work was done when he worked on "smaller" projects, and not on the juggernaut franchises of the company.

On a related not, I don't know if Square-Enix is to blame or homeboy himself, but he seems to dart between projects like a butterfly a lot. By the time a project is complete, it usually got co-directors/co-writers/co-designers/co-producers to fill in for positions. Not sure if he's being tugged by his sleeve from S-E, or if he gets burnt out on a project and wants to move on to the next thing. Seeing as he does quite a bit of work outside of Square-Enix, it wouldn't surprise me if it were the latter.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Nah.

This game is a proven awful project manager with questionable taste and aesthetics.

Nax

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 10, 2018
No. He shouldn't be writing or directing games ever again. He could probably consult on gameplay, but he has proven that he can't create a decent, comprehensible story line.

THE GUY

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The last time we tried that, we ended up with Versus where he failed to actually get anything done. KH is finally back on main consoles after two generations. So unless Nomura is happy to hand off KH to someone else, just keep him there and get KH4/5/6 out in due time so we at least get that.

Grahf

Oct 27, 2017
What we can see from his 2 last projects (FFXV and KH3) is that he CAN'T keep a schedule.
KH3 was in development since 2012 and FFXV since 2006 (and only released in 10 years by to putting Nomura away from it).
By the time it takes him to release one game some developpers managed to pump new and critically acclaimed, not just games but franchises !
I'd rather have him stick to character designer or advisoral role but director ? No thanks

VISION

Oct 25, 2017
Only if it's an action rpg in which everyone uses their hair and belts as their primary weapons

Also Verum Rex looked like FFXV to me

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
How do all of his game indicate poor project management

and I dunno not liking an aesthetic isn't enough to remove what is obviously a succesful creator from his position, but that's our your opinion

Well it was more about the question taste there.

I think the FF7R and VsXIII shitshows are enough proof of his managerial skills. p.s. not interested in reading the usual excuses from the nomurites.

Village

Oct 25, 2017
Well it was more about the question taste there.

I think the FF7R and VsXIII shitshows are enough proof of his managerial skills. p.s. not interested in reading the usual excuses from the nomurites.

One, then why even respond.

Two...you realized he released a bunch of kingdom hearts games just fine? Not saying nomura is perfect , he isn't and I have no idea what the hell is going with ff7. A lot of the Vs13 stuff seems to be, he was pulled off that shit to help and work on other shit and never got to make anything... then square gave it to someone else who did have time to make stuff. And he was upset about that... which seems rather reasonable? They just seem to throw nomura on stuff,and he wasn't able to ever make the thing he wanted to make... so they gave to someone else.

Last edited:

Regulus Tera

Oct 25, 2017
The World Ends With You was the best thing Nomura ever got his hands on, but by the nature of its release there was very little he could fuck up in the first place. So, just leave him on character design and keep him away from everything else.

Oct 25, 2017
There are few things I want more in gaming than that. He's a fantastic game director, I'll buy anything this guy makes.

Just... leave the writing to someone else. No, not Nojima, Nomura, no! God.

Syntsui

Oct 25, 2017
Everything this hack touched is pure garbage, I want him as far away from the industry as possible.

Regulus Tera

Oct 25, 2017
Yes. He needs another chance after Versus.

I never knew TWEWY was his game. You just gave me a reason to play it.
TWEWY was a collaboration between Nomura, Tatsuya Kando, Tomohiro Hasegawa, and Tetsuro Hosokawa, but Nomura didn't direct it. That game was in development as he was busy with KHII and Advent Children.

LAA

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Yup, interested in anything he does at this point, enjoyed all of this games really.

Parfait

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sure, as long as it doesn't take a decade for it to come out.

But only after he finishes some current projects.

Deleted member 18400

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
No.

Him and Tabata should get together and right an academic paper on how to confuse the fuck out of anyone playing you're games.

Delta_Reg

Nov 13, 2017
Absolutely. His games are always fun and usually ambitious and/or unique so I'm sure I would enjoy another new IP directed by him.

As for anyone calling him a hack, since when does making multiple games selling millions that are critically acclaimed and have a loyal fanbase around the world constitute one being a hack? You people need to get over yourselves, frankly. Just because a series isn't for you doesn't mean it's bad.

Last edited:

Bhonar

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
fuck no, he sucks as far as I'm concerned (being the head director/producer/project manager I mean)

Acevil

Oct 30, 2017
I would if he was heavily restricted, as it takes too long for a game from Square and him specifically to come out.

Hentailover

Oct 25, 2017
Moscow
I always find these kinda questions weird... Like, what kind of IP? What's it about? Is it a genre I enjoy? if he makes block matching puzzle IP I wouldn't give a crap. u