• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Yes or no?

• Yes

Votes: 19 4.2%
  • No

Votes: 435 95.6%

• Total voters

AliasGreed

Oct 31, 2017
Depends on reason. I had to air travel with my under 1 year old son for a family emergency, follow protocols and do as best you can everything came out fine.

Gparan

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Why would you ever fly with a 2 year old unless it's for visiting family and/or friends?

AliasGreed

Oct 31, 2017
And that's ultimately it. The very real chance that family of ours may not live long enough to see their grandchildren or great-grandchildren, versus the risk of us catching it en route and spreading it to them.

It sucks. We wear our masks, wash our hands, etc., but I know so many people who travel don't.

I don't know. I want to see them too, and it really sucks seeing all the family photos of visits the rest of our family has together that we're not part of.

I wasn't going to post details but this right here, see my post above.

Deleted member 31133

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
I did it once with my son because we had to travel to Poland for a funeral. My god. It was the worst 120 mins of my life. An absolute hell. Don't do it if you can avoid it.

Inkd

Oct 27, 2017
US
Had flights scheduled for me and my wife this past weekend. We cancelled them and made the 16 hour drive instead.

Caped Baldy

Dec 11, 2017
Fuck no. I wouldn't travel with my toddler even pre-covid apocalypse.

My girl gets shitty going on a long car ride. Airplane travel would just be a nightmare for all involved.

C.Mongler

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Washington, DC
I wouldn't do air travel with myself, a toddler, a kid, a teenager, an equally aged adult, a parent, a grandparent, an uncle, or a cousin. I wouldn't do air travel at all unless it was a situation that absolutely demanded it, and if I had to, I would take as few people along as possible.

RedNalgene

Oct 25, 2017
Personally I wouldn't simply because it would be very hard to keep the kid from touching everything, keeping a mask on, and not getting extremely antsy either on the plane or in the terminal, causing you to chase and corral the kid before they lick a seat. Also, flights are getting randomly changed/cancelled often, so your kid would have to be able to deal with a potential multi-hour delay. It's hard under normal circumstances to fly with a child under 2, and covid makes it harder.

All that being said, I'd never fault someone for traveling right now, depending on where you live and where you are going. Would I fly from Florida to Arizona - hell no. Too many cases in both places mean a higher likelihood of being on a plane with someone with covid. Would I fly from Boston to Seattle - yeah, maybe. I'd also be very sure that I was isolating two weeks before the flight so as to not introduce covid to anyone on the plane, and I'd be very cautious once I got to my destination. I certainly wouldn't fly to see grandparents....

SuperHans

Oct 27, 2017
I'd only travel if absolutely necessary but having a toddler with me wouldn't effect my choice. I voted yes because of this.

oofouchugh

Oct 29, 2017
Night City
You should ask yourself how necessary it is to fly with a toddler in normal situations, if you fly now with your kid you're a straight up moron unless it is some kind of emergency.

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
On my private jet? Yes.

Actual true scenarios? No. People are always sick on flights. They also take their god damned shoes off too.

robot

Oct 27, 2017
I would never want to fly with a toddler under any circumstances, and I do not want to fly right now under any circumstances so this is a double hard no.

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Also, you have to remember that the poll is skewed by people who can't stand kids on planes. lol.

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
Obviously I wouldn't now, but last year my wife and I flew with a 4 and 2-year-old and it went perfectly fine. Switch + snacks = easy flight. Plus they were fascinated by the entire process.

tacocat

Alt account
Banned
Jan 17, 2020
Stay off of planes. We are still in a pandemic. The kid may not get as sick as elderly people but there is a possibility that they will have long term health effects: https://www.sciencemag.org/news/202...ovid-19-s-lingering-problems-alarm-scientists

The biggest reason not travel though is that most people are asymptomatic with disease. Kids cough and sneeze and yell and touch all kinds of shit with their slobbery hands and mouth. They will spread it everywhere they go.

Why is it so hard for people to understand we are still in a pandemic and its still basically out of control in the united states. Its out of control because people wont stay the fuck home.

Martinski

Jan 15, 2019
Göteborg
Wouldn't air travel with a toddler, period.

Yeap out of the question. Maybe if i was paid handsomely for it and I got to travel in emirates first class in a A380 lol.

I would wait a few years if I had kids until I travel with them, at least until they're 6 or 7. They won't have any memories anyway of those travels so no point of bringing small kids tbh. At least you form sense of memories when you're around 7.

nacimento

Oct 27, 2017
Absolutely not.

I wouldn't fly at all, really. Airplanes are *really* good at transmitting sickness everywhere because of the way it has to circulate air through the cabin.

All research and information on the topic seems to be saying the opposite though, that flying is relatively safe regarding COVID.

Ze_Shoopuf

Jun 12, 2018
Personally I wouldn't simply because it would be very hard to keep the kid from touching everything, keeping a mask on, and not getting extremely antsy either on the plane or in the terminal, causing you to chase and corral the kid before they lick a seat. Also, flights are getting randomly changed/cancelled often, so your kid would have to be able to deal with a potential multi-hour delay. It's hard under normal circumstances to fly with a child under 2, and covid makes it harder.

...I certainly wouldn't fly to see grandparents....
This is a good reality check.

sensui-tomo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fuck no. Hell I wouldnt even travel if I had an all expense paid trip. Wait till covid is over.

Transistor

Vodka martini, dirty, with Tito's please
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
Not a chance in hell. It was hard enough taking a six hour flight with my two year old in pre-covid times. I can't even imagine the difficulty right now. Trying to get a toddler to keep their mask on for a flight sounds awful, not to mention they will touch everything.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
All research and information on the topic seems to be saying the opposite though, that flying is relatively safe regarding COVID.
Probably, yeah. It's not just the plane though. There's the question of how you get to the airport, the waiting areas and TSA line, public toilets, food court, then when you arrive at your destination where are you going, who is there, and have all of them been as careful as you have?

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
I wouldn't travel with a toddler in pre-COVID times unless it was absolutely necessary.

subrock

Oct 27, 2017
Earth
Nope. Taking a break from air travel until covid is under control globally. Not worth risking myself, my wife or my child catching covid tbh

Tanerian

Feb 24, 2018
Just spent a week in Pittsburgh with my wife and 3yr old. Flew in from Florida

Donno if I would have done it with a 2 year old.. but that doesn't have anything to do with COVID. The flight already tested my 3yr old's patience, donno if a 2yr old would have made it without throwing an absolute fit.

Devilgunman

Oct 27, 2017
I flew a 20 hrs flight with my 9 months old baby before. I hope I will never have to do that again in my life.

Doomguy Fieri

Nov 3, 2017
Wouldn't be my first choice but if the situation demanded it, yes.

Parent of a soon to be 3 year old and a one month old.

For the record, we are not planning on flying anytime soon.

Lord Azrael

Oct 25, 2017
I personally wouldn't even travel myself during pandemic, would never travel with a 2 year old regardless, and DEFINITELY would not travel with a 2 year old during pandemic

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't do air travel now without a toddler, the toddler makes it a complete non-starter.