• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Pelao

Banned
Jan 7, 2020
Chile
I liked 5 a lot so of course I'll give 6 a chance regardless of whether the protagonist is male or female.

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018
But seriously if they get whoever did the female scenario in P3P on board, I would actually probably check it out.

Jun 5, 2018
It all just depends on the game itself not the just the choice of gender. I play games from the perspective of the character not my self more so with RPG's so It wouldn't faze me in fact I was slightly disappointed the new character in p5R wasn't a protagonist

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Of course I would, what?

Why wouldn't I? I love the Persona series, and want to play more games in the Persona series. I don't care who the protagonist is. I hope they have a woman as protagonist next game.

Zukuu

Oct 30, 2017
They should just include a gender option from the start.

Otherwise, yeah I'd still play it obviously.

What I'd prefer most, would be if it was a college setting for a change.

Garrod Ran

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 23, 2018
Why not?

Would be the fastest way for them to fix their homophobe tendencies. As they have to give teenage boys in japan their waifus. Can't have a female protag with mostly dudes to date.
i would call that a "fix" so much as "gross exploitation"
Which is to say, I completely expect atlus to go that route and their loyal chumps fans to be a-okay with it

Qudi

Jul 26, 2018
I hope there is a option for different genders. Played through 5 it really doesnt matter what gender Ren is in the end. He doesnt speak.

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
I bought P3P twice (on PSP physical and again digital for Vita) so yes. Though I'm at the point I'd wait till we were sure it wasn't full of bigotry and transphobia since that's become a dealbreaking blemish for me.

hersheyfan

Oct 25, 2017
Manila, Philippines
I 100% would buy a new Persona with a female protagonist.

I really don't see how changing the protagonist's gender to female is supposed to dissuade anybody from buying into a new Persona. I mean, the idea isn't exactly new, and its already been done in the series previously (albeit as a player option/choice rather than a mandatory thing) - I don't see the core fanbase for Persona being against this if it ever happened.

Apathy

Oct 25, 2017
Yes. The fuck kind of question is that. Who cares if it's a male or female protag. In fact we should have had a female protag ages ago

Oct 30, 2017
i'd buy persona 6 if the protagonist was a tomato.

but just for variety's sake i'd rather they be a girl than a guy. P3P was refreshing.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
giphy.gif

iUnderstoodThatReference.png

Sean

Oct 25, 2017
Longview
Yes? Like half my JRPGs are Atelier shit (had to stop buying them, couldn't keep up). One of my first RPGs was FF6 and Terra and Celes were the main characters to me. The gender of a main character is never something I've even considered when buying a game.

Oct 25, 2017
The title says everything

Not a dual choice, not a spin off, and yes it would have romance (LGBT and male options)

Many defend P5 and P5R lack of FeMC because they say it's very resource costly to have in the game, and they prefer new content or a better polished game... Others say that the devs are free to tell the story they want to tell.

So if the new dev team wanted to do a Persona with only FeMC would you be interested in it?

NOTE: This thread isn't about the possibility of this happening, so I appreciate if people didn't come here and only replied: "lol no chance of this happening" . I want to know what if the Persona audience would be interested in this premise.

Note2: Another problem of Persona (post 2) is LGBT representation, so while this isn't the focus of the thread, yes, Atlus would finally respect our community.

Edit: When I said many defend the lack of FeMC I was talking about the community in general, remembering threads in others forums than Resetera

Yes, especially with your caveats of finally fixing the LGTB stuff. However, I bet they would probably not let the MC have multiple romantic S Links like they do now for "some reasons" or something.

CaptainNuevo

Mascot Maniac
Oct 25, 2017
Probably not. But then again I didn't buy Persona 5 either. The series just requires too much time investment and doesn't really fit into the gaming time and type of gaming I get to do in my life, regardless of the protagonist.

Wracu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Absolutely, but if they're going to actually have same sex romance options I'd strongly prefer the MC to be male.

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
Put it on the Switch, Get rid of the homophobia, and give me an option to play as a woman. Then I'd get Persona 6. If they don't do that I'm honestly not interested. I dropped Persona 5 for the homophobia already. So they gonna need to put in some work if they want me back

ThatPersonGuy

Dec 30, 2018
This thread is literally a wall of people saying "yes" followed by dunking on everyone who says "no".

I think this is possibly the dumbest thread up right now. What is the point of this???????????