• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
I have infinitely more chances to buy it than to receive another Joker where half of the answers are specific answers curated for people to post on social media for retweets. Joker wasn't a character, he was a tweet dispenser

OP
OP
Arcana Wiz

Arcana Wiz

Oct 26, 2017
Feel like this is a weird question, But of course i would

I'm in the middle of my platinum run of P5 and I beat P3P (again) last year... And I noticed that FeMC and Maya was the ones I enjoyed the most playing of all Persona games.

This made me remember on how some years ago some people said that they had a lot of problems relating to a FeMC in a game like Persona... But I find this gen we had many good examples of women in big games so I wanted to know if the Persona audience would welcome playing a story tailored for a different gender than the usual

Oct 27, 2017
Is this some trap for people to accidentally expose their sexism or something? I don't understand the point of this question or thread

Nightengale

Oct 26, 2017
Malaysia
I'd buy it if it was a man.
I'd buy it if it was a woman.
I'd buy it it I was given a choice for either.
I'd buy it regardless of what romance options was given, heterosexual-only/LGTQ-only/or both.

I wouldn't buy it if the game was hot garbage.

Thac

The Fallen
Nov 1, 2017
Absolutely. It's really refreshing to see not that same type of MC in every game.

Anumariku

Jan 8, 2020
Absolutely, and I feel that 99%, if not 100%, of people who like persona would say the same.

I will say that if they add in LGBT options when you can only be a FeMC, the narrative would just turn to "why couldn't they add it with a male MC". So I don't know if it'd be the right choice. Have both male and female main characters with LGBT options, or stick with male MC with LGBT options, IMO.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Yup, the FeMC route in P3P was fantastic. If they got the same female writer they had for those sections to headline a new Persona game I'd be far more hyped than if it was the same-old team.

trajon

Dec 5, 2017
Very fair, I think that if I posted this question gamefaqs for example the response would be very different... But that involves having to post in gamefaqs *shudder*
Might get a bit more variety of answers on the atlus or persona subreddits too. But yeah, wont be a lot of disagreement here lol.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Sure. My favourite Persona game already does this though lol (P2: Eternal Punishment).

OP
OP
Arcana Wiz

Arcana Wiz

Oct 26, 2017
Sure

I mean playing a game with a female protagonist isn't new...

I agree with that, one of the reasons of this post is that I did remember a talk like 6 years ago about playing with a woman in a game like Persona that involves a lot of social features and relationships.

And the answers were much more mixed than now... But like I said it was in another forum.

Oct 27, 2017
Florida
The real brave question would be "Would you buy Persona 6 if the protag (male or female) was unattractive and had unattractive link up options.

Jun 17, 2018
Kind of feels like bait to me. The only answer should be the same for any gender for any game which is yes. I care more about how the character is written over everything else.

Bowl0l

Oct 27, 2017
OP, who are this many defenders are you talking about? Could you give us a number and examples (preferably more than 10)?

Kizuna

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, would be great if the protagonist was female.

But I probably wouldn't buy "a JRPG with a mature story centered around adults" which a lot of people on here seem to want, I like the school setting (college would be alright too) and would be much less interested in the series if they were to drastically change it.

Vimto

Oct 29, 2017
No one who would say no would post no anyway so whats the point of the question lol

TitanicFall

Nov 12, 2017
I mean some of my favorite games of recent memory are AC: Odyssey with Cassandra, Horizon: Zero Dawn, and Rise of the Tomb Raider. This has never been an issue.