• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Arcana Wiz

Oct 26, 2017
The title says everything

Not a dual choice, not a spin off, and yes it would have romance (LGBT and male options)

Many defend P5 and P5R lack of FeMC because they say it's very resource costly to have in the game, and they prefer new content or a better polished game... Others say that the devs are free to tell the story they want to tell.

So if the new dev team wanted to do a Persona with only FeMC would you be interested in it?

NOTE: This thread isn't about the possibility of this happening, so I appreciate if people didn't come here and only replied: "lol no chance of this happening" . I want to know what if the Persona audience would be interested in this premise.

Note2: Another problem of Persona (post 2) is LGBT representation, so while this isn't the focus of the thread, yes, Atlus would finally respect our community.

Edit: When I said many defend the lack of FeMC I was talking about the community in general, remembering threads in others forums than Resetera

Last edited:

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
FeMC is still the best main character of Persona, so yeah.

Whatislove

Jan 2, 2019
That sounds great, especially if there's a ton of romances still. Let me have my reverse harem.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Of course, anyone who loses interest at the idea of a female protagonist probably isn't worth catering to. I don't expect it but it'd be more interesting than another male protagonist.

Oct 25, 2017
Er, what? Yeah, i buy plenty of games with female leads and i also make my character female, usually, when possible.

Id also buy it if it was a guy again?

TRUSTNO1

Banned
Dec 28, 2017
I'd rather have them fix the series glaring issues like pacing and bloating that plague the series since 3. A girl MC aint gonna fix jack shit.

ffvorax

Oct 27, 2017
I dont see why this could be a problem in any way...?
Why the sex of the main pg should affect the interest in playing the game?

Ghos

Oct 25, 2017
what kind of question is this in 2020. especially for a JRPG. especially for PERSONA lol.

Aaron D.

Oct 25, 2017
I always choose a female character if given the option in the character creator screen.

After 40+ years of playing gruff white dude in virtually every game out there, I pick a female any opportunity I can get.

JCADX

Oct 29, 2017
I don´t base my buying purchases on the protagonist gender, i basically consider the quality of the game (which Atlus offers with Persona), so i don´t see a problem.

Billdrew

Apr 8, 2019
I definitely still buy, but from a purely selfish point of view it would even better if we got a male protagonist with LGBT options. Would happily take a female protag though

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
Sure.

Hell, Makoto felt more like a protag in P5 than the protag, imo.

rhandino

Oct 25, 2017
I am sure the otaku dwellers will have no issue to flock towards a female led Persona 6.

Even more if she is hot, demure and her outfit resemble Kasumi from P5R because of course that's how modern ATLUS would roll.

trajon

Dec 5, 2017
Yeah... I dont think you're going to see many "no" answers to this one. Of course I would. No brainer.

Deleted member 6263

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No.

But only because I don't like Persona games and probably wouldn't buy P6 anyways, not because of a lady protag (which would be cool).

Mar 30, 2019
Sure would. Although I haven't bought P5 because I knew Royal was coming, so that is what will really keep me at bay. They love to make those complete editions later on.

Potterson

Oct 28, 2017
Sure. It would be an interesting perspective, refreshing for the series. Not this "stoic anime guy" variation in every game.

Aneru

Mar 15, 2019
Absolutely, my dream for PS6 would be a female protag and for it not to be set in a highschool. Give me another Maya Amano!