• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 19742

User requested account closure
Oct 27, 2017
Nope, though I do have the GBA versions of the games and have beaten both V and VI twice. If they were to release better, more graphically pleasing versions of V and VI for Switch, I'd consider buying those to steer Square Enix away from the mobile style. V in particular is pretty replayable.

banter

Jan 12, 2018
I would, I'd be butthurt about it being mobile versions, but it's be great to have on switch. šŸ˜­

KaiPow

Oct 25, 2017
I'd certainly play them on PS4 with trophy support, regardless of being the mobile or GBA ports.

Lihwem

Mar 17, 2020
Never gave them a try so I can't judge, but I would love a Switch cartridge with FF I to IX on it!

Reinhard

Oct 27, 2017
They are horrible so hell no. At least with pc version, you can mod out the horrid blur filter and lots of other mods. I think there was A world reborn project and something newer to replace it to fix the numerous issues. Wouldn't get any of that on the Switch.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
They are horrible so hell no. At least with pc version, you can mod out the horrid blur filter and lots of other mods. I think there was A world reborn project and something newer to replace it to fix the numerous issues. Wouldn't get any of that on the Switch.

Even with the mods they only take things so far and its still ass

IF you really want to play FF6 in its best possible form I will direct you all to this Mod for the SNES version

Final Fantasy VI SNES Woolsey Uncensored Edition (Updated - Version 3.06)

There really isnt a better option than this atm for a pure and touched up Vanilla experience

There are a few fun mods that push FF6 mechanics to their absolute limits but I dont recommend those as a first playthrough

Buttonbasher

Dec 4, 2017
Gimme the SNES versions with the boosts/cheats featured in 7/8/9/12. Those have been game changers for me.

Ayirek

Oct 27, 2017
No. The GBA versions with audio and palette fixes are the best way to play these two games.

Herb Alpert

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Paris, France
I was dumb enough to buy the 6 port on Android and this thing just spits on my childhood (well, teenager years) like there's no tomorrow, so no.
Just put the original on the online shitty service please.
I would like a remake in the octopath style though.

Reinhard

Oct 27, 2017
Even with the mods they only take things so far and its still ass

IF you really want to play FF6 in its best possible form I will direct you all to this Mod for the SNES version

There really isnt a better option than this atm for a pure and touched up Vanilla experience

There are a few fun mods that push FF6 mechanics to their absolute limits but I dont recommend those as a first playthrough
I'll have to check this version out, thanks for the suggestion. I messed with the PC version briefly and even with mods I could tell it wasn't ideal.