• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Would you buy?

• Yes

Votes: 331 51.0%
  • No

Votes: 318 49.0%

• Total voters
Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
Nope, I need to see how Microsoft handles console exclusives after this gen was complete shit in my opinion. So Series X is 100% not going to be a day 1 purchase no matter what they do at this point, 2 years down the line? Sure, again if the console exclusives look like things i want to play.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I have almost 2 years of Game Pass Ultimate already, so it wouldn't really be a deciding factor, though it'd certainly be extra incentive.

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
Really? The no votes are winning? You could buy a new console and get free games and free online play for a year, your interactive entertainment completely satisfied (within reason). And your answer is no?

What?

Spending (likely) $500 for a $180 service value? No, I certainly would not. Especially since all Xbox games going forward will be available on my PC to begin with.

If Microsoft was committed to making exclusives for their console then I would certainly consider the offer - but the Series X won't be required to play any of their games.

Agamon

Aug 1, 2019
Out of context, (iow, if I had amnesia or lost everything I currently own) then for sure, that would be a great deal.

But I have GPU, and XB1, and a new PC, so, in that case, no.

coldcrush

Jun 11, 2018
I voted no because I don't want to spend 300-500+ dollars on something that I may only enjoy 2-3 exclusives on irrespective of other free games, and be upset I didn't save my money and buy the other one. I don't have the budget for both. It would be better value paying 3-500 for something I plan on using more as personally I prefer Sony's exclusives. Free stuff is great and all but if its free stuff I don't want or wouldn't really use then it has no value

DigSCCP

Banned
Nov 16, 2017
Really? The no votes are winning? You could buy a new console and get free games and free online play for a year, your interactive entertainment completely satisfied (within reason). And your answer is no?

What?

Why it shouldn´t ?
I mean if your content preferences are in others platforms obviously the answer is no.
Also PC users that already have GP access without a Xbox.

RoadDogg

Oct 27, 2017
Only if expands the max subscription length to 4+ years. I am maxed out already and have enough pending codes to stay maxed out for at least another year.

But than again, I got in on GPU early because I think it will give me access to Xcloud on my S and allow me to play the next gen games anyway, so I wouldn't have to buy a new console...

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Yes, but I'll buy it anyway because I have my Game Pass paid up until the end of 2021.

jaymzi

Jul 22, 2019
I mean in the end, I have no control over what games are added to Game Pass. So it could be great value or barely any value.

Deleted member 32563

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 11, 2017

What?

Still have the spend the $500 est... amount up front. I don't play my PS nearly as much as I should. It's overall about being about to play one console to die time and commitments.

Now if the console is free or a gift whole other story.

Strakt

Oct 27, 2017
Nope my decision on buying it at launch would be what new games are coming out... could care less for old ones.

Seijuro

Oct 25, 2017
Quoting myself from almost the same thread that we had today:
That depends solely on the 1st party day & date output alone.
Gamepass is the Netflix of gaming for better or worse. It's great in concept. There is tons of content, but few things I want to actually play (that I haven't already played). Most games hit the service a long time after release. If I had an interest in them I would have gotten around to them a lot sooner. Not saying it's bad, but I also don't sub Netflix and expect the latest blockbusters. I will buy a Series X and sub Gamepass if the 1st party output is good.

NoctisLC

Jun 5, 2018
No, not at all. Until xbox gets real exclusives not on PC there's 0 that would convince me to get one.

Fabtacular

Jul 11, 2019

What?

I mean, it's because this is a poorly-worded poll.

I'm going to get an XSX regardless. So how do I vote? Some people aren't going to buy any consoles. How should they vote? Some people are going to buy PS5 no matter what. How should they vote?

Like, it's hard for me to determine exactly what this poll is trying to get at.

RadzPrower

One Winged Slayer
Jan 19, 2018
If I wanted Game Pass, I'd just buy Game Pass and play on PC rather than buy a console.

Pancracio17

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Id buy anyway cause my gamepass is pretty stacked (and I share it with someone so its doubly cheap), but I hope they give a deal for trading in the OG Xbox One for this one, even if its a meh deal.

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
It's more surprising they even voted no before anyone even knows what games are coming. The console could be 30TF and cost 99$ for all we know. Voting no is ridiculous. There shouldn't Even be a no option in the thread until we know more about XSX.

So, the poll should have just one option: "Yes"?

The actual question is: "Would you buy a new $500 console on day one if it came with about $180 worth of subscriptions". There are plenty of valid reasons to answer "no" to that.

TooLive

Jan 28, 2019
Some people loving paying full price for their games and do not want to have their gaming experience "cheapened" by services like gamepass (according to a infamous thread created here in the past).

We subscribers need to get it through our thick skulls, some people hate good deals.

Atolm

Oct 25, 2017
No. I'm not interested in subscription services. They'll have to sell me the machine with games, not subscriptions. PS Plus was also amazing value before PS4's launch.

upinsmoke

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
No because I'm buying PS5 at launch and they'll have better games which I cant play on xbox so it doesnt really matter. Also you need to factor in the cost of another console even if gamepass was given out for free.

tacocat

Alt account
Banned
Jan 17, 2020
I have a very capable PC so it makes zero sense to buy and xbox anymore. Game pass won't change that, and most of the game you listed i'm not interested in.

Oct 27, 2017
It's more surprising they even voted no before anyone even knows what games are coming. The console could be 30TF and cost 99$ for all we know. Voting no is ridiculous. There shouldn't Even be a no option in the thread until we know more about XSX.

Hahahah, so the only option is yes, I will purchase this consumer product primarily because I know nothing about it except for the fact that it comes bundled with a 12-month subscription?

LavaBadger

Nov 14, 2017
I don't know that this would be a selling point for me. It's obviously a good value add, but would it sell me the console?

If I was on a budget (And assuming the price of the console was still affordanle obviously), this could be a selling point. GP is a great deal. That said, you have to want to play the games they offer, and they don't offer all games.

If you're a person who really wants to play Sony exclusives (Because they are quite good), a deal like this isn't going to help you.

I'm still not sure where I'll fall.

Nov 9, 2017
No I decided to change my mind and not get the next XBOX hardware after I saw the 50th marketing related Game Pass/Microsoft topic on my favorite game message board.

Issen

Nov 12, 2017
Game Pass (and the rest of the Xbox services and games) are great on PC and getting better every day. So nope, I'll stay on the platform I like best.

If I wasn't a PC gamer though, I probably would.

Elephant

Nov 2, 2017
Nottingham, UK
There's seemingly no reason for me to buy an Xbox as it stands, so no. With GamePass and Xcloud it seems there will be plenty of other, more cost effective, ways to play these games.

Expy

Oct 26, 2017
You can get GamePass on the cheap, why do you need the box? As long as you have a half-decent PC it will be fine, especially given Microsoft's stance on cross-generational games for the next 1-2 years.

Oct 27, 2017
No cuz that still costs 500$ US which i absolutely wouldn't pay for(i dont even pay that much to buy a phone) . And i could get gamepass for PC instead

CliveLH

Jun 22, 2019
The end game for Microsoft is selling you a subscription not hardware, so they won't do that.

what they will, and are already doing, is subsidizing the hardware if you subscribe (Xbox All Access)

FerryF1

Feb 18, 2018
No.
I have zero interest in Game Pass.
I don't like subscription services, because i don't like not actually owning games.
I also dont like digital games. I have a few digital ones here and there, but only because i didnt have much choice.

And i have no interest in a Xbox, because i'm on team Playstation since 1995 haha lol

But to be fair, for people that are interested, it could be one hell of a good deal

Governergrimm

Jun 25, 2019
There is a certain segment that were never going to buy an Xbox no matter what. That is exactly why they have gamepass PC.

I have GP already and have a hate/hate relationship with Steam so I will play on series X.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
Games are the deciding factor like always regardless.

If I didn't already find XSX's line-up more appealing, no way in hell am I opting for the interior/less interesting catalog just because there's a better short-term value proposition attached. That just seems silly and incredibly short-sighted.

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (3 Days) - Continued Platform Warring

What?
Buy an expensive console for shit 1st party shootbang micscreamer games and multiplatform? For what? To accomplish what?

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Then there should be no poll and no thread. Why is a yes vote more valid than a no vote in your situation?

Hitcher

Dec 23, 2018
Not really representative without a 3rd option of 'Will you be getting a Series X because you currently have Game Pass?'