• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Would you buy a DBZ:BT3 remaster ?

• Yes, absolutely !

Votes: 77 52.0%
  • Yes, as long as it supports crossplay.

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • Only if it's a remake.

Votes: 14 9.5%
  • Never, that game was bad.

Votes: 52 35.1%

• Total voters

Deleted member 8001

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
ABSOLUTELY! I been waiting forever it's the best DBZ fighting game of all time and Budokai is hella overrated and dated.

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
OT but the term "budokai tenkaichi" makes no sense at all..

Tenkaichi = 天下第一 = World's number one/world's greatest
Budokai = 武道会 = martial art tournament

calling it "budokai tenkaichi" is calling it 武道会天下第一 which means "Martial art tournament world's number one"?

who came up with this flip flop shit title? Why not just use the original Japanese title, "SPARKING!"?

Oct 25, 2017
Only series to respect every media of dragonball as a whole. Dragon ball,Z,Gt,movies and even tie in characters all got love.

Oct 26, 2017
I'd pay full price for a remaster of Dragon Ball Z Budokai 3 on Switch that retained the entire original Kenji Yamamoto soundtrack. Even if it had to be some uber limited release due to whatever legal issue remains of the soundtrack. I'd get it both digitally and at retail just to make sure I have it in case it vanishes. Yes I'm serious. Because of the whole issue with Kenji Yamamoto, this is like a dream that can't ever come true and it'd take overcoming a billion hurdles maybe for it to happen. :(

I see no issue with basing the port on Budokai 3 HD. That seems perfectly good aside from the soundtrack. They even used the Dragon Ball Heroes models which actually were used in Infinite World. I assume it was based on the more polished Greatest Hits release on PS2.

artemis

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Gameplay doesn't hold up anymore. If you want to waste your money on nostalgia then sure.

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
Nope.

I'm not buying a DB game without Super characters.

Revven

Oct 27, 2017
This is where I'm at. I've been wondering if it's an age/generation thing.

It's mainly because a lot of people are able to look past the fact the entire roster only has maybe 5-6 move set types spread across 150 "characters". The style over substance kind of thing. And while the characters aren't really all that different from each other, I'd argue that the one thing Tenkaichi 3 gets right is how satisfying it is to do a really long string when you actually "get" the mechanics. Unlike the DBZ games that succeed it (Raging Blast, Xenoverse) it doesn't feel clunky at all, definitely not nearly as stiff as Raging Blast. Xenoverse is fine, I guess, though. I don't know, the Tenkaichi games just feel good to play if you actually spend time with them (2 and 3, that is. 1 is definitely awfully limited).

And then there's the sheer amount of single player content packed into Tenkaichi 3, especially if you had the PS2 version where you could unlock more modes if you had Tenkaichi 1 and 2.

But anyway, at the end of the day, most of the general fans just really prefer to have a huge roster consisting of fanservice in the form of special moves on each character that respects the source material over well made more traditional fighting games with smaller rosters (Budokai, FighterZ).

I like both Budokai and Tenkaichi, to be fair, though.

Glasfrut

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
It's mainly because a lot of people are able to look past the fact the entire roster only has maybe 5-6 move set types spread across 150 "characters". The style over substance kind of thing. And while the characters aren't really all that different from each other, I'd argue that the one thing Tenkaichi 3 gets right is how satisfying it is to do a really long string when you actually "get" the mechanics. Unlike the DBZ games that succeed it (Raging Blast, Xenoverse) it doesn't feel clunky at all, definitely not nearly as stiff as Raging Blast. Xenoverse is fine, I guess, though. I don't know, the Tenkaichi games just feel good to play if you actually spend time with them (2 and 3, that is. 1 is definitely awfully limited).

And then there's the sheer amount of single player content packed into Tenkaichi 3, especially if you had the PS2 version where you could unlock more modes if you had Tenkaichi 1 and 2.

But anyway, at the end of the day, most of the general fans just really prefer to have a huge roster consisting of fanservice in the form of special moves on each character that respects the source material over well made more traditional fighting games with smaller rosters (Budokai, FighterZ).

I like both Budokai and Tenkaichi, to be fair, though.

Thanks for the detailed response, this actually makes me consider it differently. I can remember how hype I would get with additions to each Budokai game so I think I can relate to the feeling here.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Was this the one that was infamous for everyone just picking the strongest form of Goku available?

Skyebaron

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Fighterz exists. This game is obsolete in the gameplay department. Now, I would just watch a super move compilation on youtube and satisfy my nostalgia.

Lagamorph

Wrong About Chicken
Oct 26, 2017
No. Xenoverse is the much better fighter gameplay wise (far better than FighterZ too) and I'd much rather time/money/effort be spent on Xenoverse 3 instead.

NuclearCake

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nope. The only good thing about this series is that the Japanese versions used the OG OST from the anime, but aside from that, these games were abysmal with only fanservice holding them togheter. No remake could really salvage these games. I can't imagine why anyone would want to play this when FighterZ exists. Although as bad as these were, they were slightly better than the PS2 era Budokai games.

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Only if they add all the new characters since then, as well as put in adult Chi-Chi (because Kid Chi-Chi was a stupid addition).

PlzUninstall

Oct 30, 2017
OT but the term "budokai tenkaichi" makes no sense at all..

Tenkaichi = 天下第一 = World's number one/world's greatest
Budokai = 武道会 = martial art tournament

calling it "budokai tenkaichi" is calling it 武道会天下第一 which means "Martial art tournament world's number one"?

who came up with this flip flop shit title? Why not just use the original Japanese title, "SPARKING!"?
Small correction, it's actually 天下一. It doesn't massively lose anything by having the name rearranged but I do like the original Japanese title too.

Bman94

Oct 28, 2017
Only if it's bundled with the vastly superior Budokai Tenkaichi 2

No. Xenoverse is the much better fighter gameplay wise (far better than FighterZ too) and I'd much rather time/money/effort be spent on Xenoverse 3 instead.

What? The combat of Xenoverse is God awful. I quit that game on how awful ths combat was.

Oct 27, 2017
I'd pay full price for a remaster of Dragon Ball Z Budokai 3 on Switch that retained the entire original Kenji Yamamoto soundtrack. Even if it had to be some uber limited release due to whatever legal issue remains of the soundtrack. I'd get it both digitally and at retail just to make sure I have it in case it vanishes. Yes I'm serious. Because of the whole issue with Kenji Yamamoto, this is like a dream that can't ever come true and it'd take overcoming a billion hurdles maybe for it to happen. :(

I see no issue with basing the port on Budokai 3 HD. That seems perfectly good aside from the soundtrack. They even used the Dragon Ball Heroes models which actually were used in Infinite World. I assume it was based on the more polished Greatest Hits release on PS2.
Speak to my soul!