• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 1839

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I know a lot of people say that they would like a 3D Sonic game by Nintendo EPD but could you imagine if it was reversed and Sonic Team developed a 3D Mario game? What would it look like? How would it play like? Just something that I that about regarding if that happened.

Would you like to see it happen?

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
It would legitimately be the worst 3D Mario game ever made.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
They struggle with making a solid 3D game from the IP they know and have done for years, I don't think they can make more than a mediocre mario.

Caiusto

Oct 25, 2017
They can't even make a good Sonic game and you want they to ruin another franchise?

shinken

Oct 27, 2017
Fuck no, why would anyone want this. It's not like the Mario games are in bad hands. Sonic otoh.....

P-Bo

One Winged Slayer
Jun 17, 2019
Weren't a lot of former Sonic Team devs working on Odyssey? If I'm not misremembering the story, then we kinda already did.

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
What does "but up" mean?

I would play it most likely, but Nintendo has to make that 3D Sonic game too.

Shroki

Oct 27, 2017
Waste of their time tbh.

EDIT: lol nevermind. I read this as the other way around. HELL TO THE NO.

Amin_Parker

Dec 25, 2019
Tokyo
I'm sorry but NO!!!
Unfortunately I would never want to play a Mario game created by sonic team. I strongly believe that I would be absolutely disappointed.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Why would I want that? Sonic games suck and Mario games are good. I'll stick with the company that makes good games.

shinken

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not even sure why Nintendo would let them make the olympic games......other than to let Sega make some money.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
"This is war, Luigi. Toad is being tortured in bowsers castle as we speak"

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
What would it look like? How would it play like?

Would look like Brawl's mario

5MQjyMM.png

Would play like Super Paper Mario without the hability of turning 2d

JEzm8oI.jpg

or like this but without turning the camera

www.youtube.com

The Super Mario Bros 3 Theater in Mario 64 (Super Mario 64 Land preview)

That's right - The theme for World 4 is retro games! Currently, i am halfway through finishing World 6 - I expect this to still release in 2019. For more fan...

Samb

Oct 28, 2017
You know what? I don't know.
The talent at Sonic Team is constantly changing. That's why there is a massive quality drop from Generations to Forces.
Maybe the team members who worked on Sonic for the last couple of years are really tired of the Sonic gameplay and could really deliver something interesting and fun to play. I don't think, that Sonic Team is a bad developer, they are experts in many fields. I see the problem more in the producer seat. So yeah. I would like to see Sonic Team tackle another franchise. And if not Mario, maybe something else. Maybe they are the right ones for a wacky Waluigi game!

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Make it a collaborative venture. Nintendo makes a Sonic game and Sega makes a Mario game and they crossover into each other's worlds.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
lol, Sonic Team doesn't deserve to be mentioned in the same sentence as Nintendo SPD. What a ludicrous idea.