• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

flyingman

Banned
Apr 16, 2019
technology behind it would be same as your favorite game ?
animations,graphics,sounds all will be same as your favorite game tech.

Imagine a proper Red Alert sequel but its like Red alert 2 artstyle/tech etc
imagine a proper crash bandicoot 4 but its with ps1 tech

personally me would be very okay with it more than okay actually

CONCHOBAR

Oct 25, 2017
So basically a new-game-sized DLC? Yeah, I'd absolutely take more of my favorite game.

Deleted member 1839

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bruh, just give me Zone of the Enders 3. I don't care at this point if it doesn't look like Enders Project.

Evil Lucario

Feb 16, 2019
That's exactly what Galaxy 2 was to Galaxy 1. And while I think Galaxy 2 is a lesser experience, it is a better game so I was still extremely happy.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
The wording is really confusing, but I think you're saying the visuals of this supposed sequel would look exactly the same as the game its a sequel to.

At which point, sure, why not.

CONCHOBAR

Oct 25, 2017
not DLC it will be full game with new story , gameplay mechanics, cutscenes or fmv , characters etc. But tech will be same as your favorite game.
What you're describing is essentially a new-game-sized DLC, something that's been done several times before. New content that reuses assets and the engine. Witcher 3's DLCs are basically this, as well as Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare (so much so with the latter, that you can actually play RDR:UN without the base game).

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
I've been asking for Capcom to just dump the Dragon's Dogma Online new content as DLC or whatever, I'd be fine with it.
It's more to love. I can't imagine most people wouldn't be at least OK with what could be considered "standalone DLC" for their favourite game.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Why does this thread feel like OP knows something and in the coming weeks we're about to see a sequel for a long-awaited title that follows this exact aesthetic.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Yes, completely. All my favourite games rock their artstyle (Tactics Ogre, FFT, Virtue's Last Reward, etc).

Robin

Restless Insomniac
Oct 25, 2017
I'd totally be down for a 16 or 32 bit Chrono Trigger 3.

Daouzin

Oct 28, 2017
Arizona
Give me Melee HD with all of the characters added in Ultimate.

Or you know, just Melee on modern consoles with no input lag and netplay as good as the latest version of Dolphin for Netplay.

AmirMoosavi

Dec 10, 2018
I would've accepted Shenmue III with Dreamcast-level graphics, and I'd take a Virtua Tennis sequel with the same graphics as VT2 any day.

AudioEppa

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Sure, why not. At first it will be disappointing because I love me advanced graphics. But if that's all they can work with to get more from IP's I enjoyed, so be it. I'm only thinking of games from the PS2 / late PS3 days.

Kanhir

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
16-bit Donkey Kong Country 2 part 2? Sure!

(DKC3 doesn't count.)

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't mind if Dragon Age 4 had to go back to Dragon Age Origins or 2 graphics to be finished. I'm still worried it won't be done, and on the old engine and graphics at least the load times will be faster than Frostbite Dragon Age.

PaulloDEC

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
In some cases I'd almost prefer this. There's tons of older games that I'd love to see followed-up using technology that is authentically retro.

Nightfall

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Yes, without any questions asked. So where is my new Soul Reaver then?

It certainly would appeal to my nostalgia possibly even more than modern remakes. Something about those chunky polygons is charming. I don't want to think about 2D games because pixel art has kind of a second renaissance because of Indies.

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'd MUCH prefer a Red Alert sequel that wasn't 3D and had no limitation on units.

Cannon_Fodder

Oct 27, 2017
Any reservations I might have about my favourite game getting a sequel have nothing to do with tech. The bigger issue is that if a game wraps nicely, I don't like it when that ending gets busted open for a bad follow-up.

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
I absolutely would. My favorite game is The Witcher 3 and I was just talking to my friend last weekend how I would have loved if CDPR just milked it with new expansions. Sequel would've been just as great.

Oct 25, 2017
A Paper Mario game in the style of TTYD but "limited" to looking like how TTYD did? Sign me the fuck up, TTYD definitely looks good enough as is. Sure, Color Splash is gorgeous, but I'd prefer a return to proper Paper Mario even it meant an uglier game lol.

gattotimo

Oct 28, 2017
Depends on the tech.
beautiful and refined 16 bit graphics for MOTW2? Yes yes
ugly blurry early 3D graphics from the PSX era for Silent Hills? No no

I'd say that they'd have to be at least PS2 level for 3d and PC Engine level for 2d (I know PCE was actually 8 bit but let's be honest, it had mostly a 16 bit aesthetic)

Jan 21, 2019
technology behind it would be same as your favorite game ?
animations,graphics,sounds all will be same as your favorite game tech.

Imagine a proper Red Alert sequel but its like Red alert 2 artstyle/tech etc
imagine a proper crash bandicoot 4 but its with ps1 tech

personally me would be very okay with it more than okay actually

This is how Nioh 2 feels right now. Don't know, I kinda want a technological upgrade. It's a cool feeling to see the tech behind the experience evolve, too. But it's ok. I would kill for a Silent Hill game looking like the PS2 ones.