• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Feb 24, 2018

Sure (:

Mar 27, 2018
At this point, I hardly care either way. Pretty much every major Nintendo character is in. They've got so many amazing third parties. I could go either way... as long as we get Waluigi

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
I would be absolutely ok if they were all first party

THAT BEING SAID, i am not sure if i trust nintendo to choose which first party to be =P

Give me the weird shit, the hanafudas, the urban champion, the captain n, the rythim heaven, give me some women and no fire emblem character...

SimonSimon

Alt Account
Mar 26, 2020
I don't care either way. In fact, I don't really understand the vitriol in either direction. Can somebody from either side explain their reasoning?

Kneefoil

Oct 25, 2017
I'd be OK if they were all first-party, yes, although there are still third-party characters I'd love to see in Smash, like Phoenix Wright and Professor Layton.

Imran

Oct 24, 2017
I love Smash Bros. because I can already go through this thread and tell who will be angry by the end of 2021

GoldStarz

Oct 25, 2017
I would literally prefer it and am glad I didn't buy the S1 pass because none of those characters personally interest me at all.

PhantomArtifice

Lead Administrator at Final Weapon
Verified
Apr 24, 2019
USA
I mean honestly I don't really care, I'm just happy to have more characters coming. Sakurai and team will make all characters fun, and new content is new content.

Sure third parties might be cooler at times, but after all Smash Bros. is a Nintendo series. If this does end up being the case, I'd really love to see Rex & Pyra/Mythra from Xenoblade Chronicles 2 get in.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
yes

it would probably need to be communicated first though
This, best to set expectations ahead of time.

If it's mostly first-party, my somewhat-realistic hopes would be...
  1. Twintelle
  2. Chorus Kids
  3. Dixie Kong
  4. Rex & Pyra/Mythra
    • I'd prefer Lora & Jin, but I said somewhat-realistic
  5. Monster Hunter
    • Female Hunter w/ Rathalos armor by default
  6. Sol Badguy

OP
OP
SalvaPot

SalvaPot

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, mostly a negative one, like Byleth. I saw more people disliking Piranha Plant than liking it.
I wonder where you take your reactions from, most my social media and friends were overwhelmengly positive about the Plant.

Byleth was the most hated for sure, even my personal friend who absolutely loves Fire Emblem felt guilty for loving the reveal.

CarlSagan94

Nov 3, 2018
Would I be ok with it? Yea sure, but then again I feel like I am one of the very few that was okay with Byleth.

Ideally I would like a mix of both 1st party and 3rd party like Masterchief or Crash though.

SpaceCrystal

Banned
Apr 1, 2019
This wasn't the first time we had a 1st party DLC character; Look at Piranha Plant & Byleth.

Aside from an Arms character guaranteed to be playable, I'd say that another Pokémon character from Sword & Shield is going to be another guaranteed 1st party DLC character.

RingoGaSuki

Apr 22, 2019
Would I be okay? That's what I want! Give me more Nintendo characters, I couldn't care less about most third-party characters that aren't in now that we have DQ representation. I just want Chibi-Robo and Grovyle.

Mobu

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Sure, is still a Nintendo crossover at the end of the day

YaBish

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
As long as they add Tom Nook, sure.
Mostly joking, but not really

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
God, no

First parties are boring choices for DLC tbh. I'll take Rex, but I want the rest to be third party

NeonBorealis

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Jan 10, 2018
As long as they bring new and fun ways to play smash, I don't mind. Representing new Nintendo franchises is a very big plus (so ARMS is already a winner in my eyes).

Give me my Rhythm heaven character Nintendo!

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
I'd be happy with 1st party as long as they choose interesting ones. I'd like franchises that haven't been explored, and the more obscure, the better.
Balloon Fighter would make a nice final character though.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I mean yeah they've added 2 Nintendo characters so far and I like 'em both, with the 3rd being from a game I really like too and so that'll most likely make it 3/3.

I do however want to see a character like Professor Layton, DOOM Slayer or Monster Hunter so it'd be a shame if none of them (and plenty more) were considered and/or added with this second pass.

"D."

Oct 30, 2017
Long as it aint no more Fire Emblem characters. franchises like Earthbound/Mother badly need some more representation

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Doesn't mean a thing. ARMS broke that rule when they announced it.
ARMS will likely break the rule for Day 1 spirits, yeah. But Ring Fit Adventure got its spirits post-launch, at a point where they likely knew who was in Vol. 2. If Ring Fit Trainee was joining the roster, we wouldn't have gotten said spirit event.

Deleted member 33057

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Nov 14, 2017
I think it's possible for majority to be Nintendo.

Arms
Ring Fit Adventure
Xenoblade 2
Pokemon Gen 8
Fan Pick 1(Geno, Dixie, Isaac, etc)
Fan Pick 2 (3rd Party)

TheDinoman

Oct 25, 2017
Doesn't mean a thing. ARMS broke that rule when they announced it.

There's a difference between spirits that were added in the base game years ago, when more DLC beyond the first pass wasn't planned, and spirits added within the last few months, after they announced more DLC.

Base game spirits basically deconfirmed anyone for the first season pass. Likewise, spirits added post release deconfirm anyone for the second pass.

OP
OP
SalvaPot

SalvaPot

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Long as it aint no more Fire Emblem characters. franchises like Earthbound/Mother badly need some more representation
I love Earthbound (I got all three Mother games in box) but I honestly think 2 reps for 3 (Old) games is as good as it gets. Sure, my dream newcomer would be Kumatora but I don't think Earthbound needs another rep.

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
Always 100% down for more Nintendo characters. It is a Nintendo cross-over game. Except for FE characters. Like seriously no more. I was kidding when I said no more last time. This time is for real. For real though I'm super excited Arms will be the first rep of this DLC and I'm hopefully that means there will be other first party characters.

Boya

Jan 1, 2018
I was honestly geting tired of all the 3rd party characters around the time Simon was anounced so I would welcome a all 1st party season pass with open arms.

The characters I'm always looking forward to the most are the deep pull/left field 1st party stuff and Ultimate was a big dissapointment to me in that aspect.
(and the kinds of DLC characters people were requesting being Dante, Sora and Doomguy defiinetively wasn't helping my enthusiasm)

My unchanging 3 most wanted since the for ballot are still Wonder Red, Sceptile and Impa but as long as there's more ROB/Wii Fit Trainer/Piranha Plant
and less Cloud/Joker and Corrin/Byleth in the second pass I'l be happy.

Pat

Oct 27, 2017
3rd party characters where their game series have an history with Nintendo systems, sure. Don't add anymore of these random Joker characters, though.

"D."

Oct 30, 2017
I love Earthbound (I got all three Mother games in box) but I honestly think 2 reps for 3 (Old) games is as good as it gets. Sure, my dream newcomer would be Kumatora but I don't think Earthbound needs another rep.
I kinda agree but I was just using it as an example....but still I'd take another Earthbound/Mother rep if they giving though.

REALISTICALLY, even though he's not first party...I'd love another Sonic character...preferably Knuckles. Oh and PunchOut!! needs some love definitely.

Oct 27, 2017
No one really mentions this, but Breath of the Wild 2 has been announced for a while now, and Zelda series has not had a new rep in a long time. I fully expect a BotW2 character to be in the pass.

Pancracio17

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
There's a difference between spirits that were added in the base game years ago, when more DLC beyond the first pass wasn't planned, and spirits added within the last few months, after they announced more DLC.

Base game spirits basically deconfirmed anyone for the first season pass. Likewise, spirits added post release deconfirm anyone for the second pass.
Not like we have a large sample size tho, trying to figure that kind of statistical rule out of a whopping 5 characters seems meaningless.

Ashodin

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Durham, NC

That's just a theory.