• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Hugh Jackman as Wolverine Again?

• Yay

Votes: 552 76.7%
  • Nay

Votes: 109 15.1%
  • Depends(post reasoning)

Votes: 56 7.8%
  • I have someone better in mind

Votes: 3 0.4%

• Total voters

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
If you've seen Deadpool 1 and 2, you've seen the references. A few years ago, Jackman even said being in a Avengers movie would be too much to turn down. I feel its not completely off the table for him. With that said, would you like for him to do another movie as Wolvie in say, Deadpool 3? Suit and all?

If not, which actor would you suggest?

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
im ok with whatever they wanna do with deadpool 3 as long as its funny

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
Sure for like a Cameo or just for that movie. Nothing more.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
No. Logan was the perfect ending. Leave it at that.

Also I think the Hugh Jackman jokes in deapool make up for him not being in them.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't want him to be the MCU Wolverine, but a dimensionally displaced Jackman Logan popping up for a little while and then leaving would be fine, I guess.

But it's probably better if they just leave Jackman out of it so he doesn't overshadow whichever actor they want to play the new Logan.

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Sure, you could do a time/multiverse displacement thing that doesn't fuck with Logan's ending.

CaviarMeths

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Western Canada
Since Hugh Jackman already exists in the Deadpool movies via the cover of a People's magazine, they should give him a part like Julia Roberts in Ocean's 12 where her character goes undercover as real life Julia Roberts and it's the best part of that mediocre movie. Put Wolverine in the movie, but everyone else just confuses him for real life Hugh Jackman.

"I'm not Hugh Jackman, Hugh Jackman is Australian."

Deleted member 12028

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Even if Logan is canon - wouldn't that be in the future and things could still be done with the character? Why not.

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Jackman was the perfect Wolverine, and while I'll never really say no to seeing more of him in the role, I feel like Logan was a perfect send-off and his character deserves that ending.

Even if this takes place prior to Logan, it'd still be more of Jackman as Wolverine, and Logan was a fitting end to him onscreen at all.

OP
OP
TaterTots

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
No. Logan was the perfect ending. Leave it at that.

Also I think the Hugh Jackman jokes in deapool make up for him not being in them.

Logan takes place into the future so I don't see why this couldn't work if its going by current time. Just more of his story?

Even if Logan is canon - wouldn't that be in the future and things could still be done with the character? Why not.

Exactly my thoughts. I do not think it would hurt Logan if the movie he does is actually good.

OP
OP
TaterTots

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
With Jackman's quote about doing an Avengers movie being "too much to turn down" feels like a money reference to me lol. It would be hard to say no to Disney money. I could imagine him signing a 3 movie deal or something.

Laserbeam

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
It would be fun to see.

It would also be fun to see a recast wolverine and the movie having a commentary on that. Could work.

Biggersmaller

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Minneapolis
Logan may be my favorite comic book film. A perfect way to retire the character. However, Jackman as Wolverine has too great of comedic potential in a Deadpool film to be ignored.

bastardly

Nov 8, 2017
I'll bet it's more Deadpool and Hugh jackman the actor than wolverine. And I don't see how this hurts Logan at all, it's not like it's going to be canon or even a proper wolvie

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
No he doesn't need to come back. Logan was the perfect end for his character. It would ruin it for me if he comes back in the movies. They overused him in the movies to the point where we got our full of Wolverine. We can cast someone else. We don't have to live in the past

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Since Hugh Jackman already exists in the Deadpool movies via the cover of a People's magazine, they should give him a part like Julia Roberts in Ocean's 12 where her character goes undercover as real life Julia Roberts and it's the best part of that mediocre movie. Put Wolverine in the movie, but everyone else just confuses him for real life Hugh Jackman.

Speaking of Hugh Jackman doing Wolverine in a completely separate universe:

WinFonda

Oct 27, 2017
USA
I'll allow it. He (and we) have all had a break from the character, and most of his fatigue as well as his decision to retire from it likely came from A) he was working with Fox and B) he felt he had reached the character's natural conclusion and explored nearly all possibilities. Opening up the universe and the gallery of characters wolverine can interact with, and under new direction/management, is exciting for everyone. Logan also fits as an older character, and the MCU could use a new dad/mentor/leader figure on the Avengers side with RDJ out. They can find a way to pass the torch within the MCU a bit later. I think that'd be nice.

Bing147

Jun 13, 2018
No thanks. He was good in the role, but the MCU needs its own Wolverine and having someone else play it first just makes it harder for whoever that will ultimately be to take the torch when the time comes. That's the last thing they should do, even if you could technically make it work with multiverse shenanigans.

Now Hugh Jackman having a cameo in a completely different role, playing on the fact that he was Wolverine but not actually playing Wolverine? I'd be cool with that and I think it could actually be pretty great if done well.

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
With all the goofs between Jackman and Reynolds I think most folks would love to see it pay off. But only for that flick.

Tansut

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Dec 16, 2017
If it was Deadpool kidnapping Hugh Jackman because he's insistent that he's Wolverine, then absolutely.

Shroki

Oct 27, 2017
tbh if there's ONE movie you can bring back Jackman (and RDJ and Chris Evans and whomever else) it's Deadpool 3.

Just don't retcon that in-universe death and have their own MCU Wolverine later.

Soj

Oct 27, 2017
No, cast the new Wolverine and have Deadpool keep calling him Hugh Jackman.

the lizard

Nov 1, 2017
Sure maybe for DP3 but I want a recast for MCU ongoing. So I'm "Depends" as long as it's one-off and doesn't translate to yet another decade of Jackman Wolverine.

hom3land

Oct 27, 2017
Yes... he comes back for quick cameo at the beginning of the movie and then his replacement shows up and Deadpool is the only one that notices.. MAKE IT HAPPEN

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
wouldn't mind if they did something similar like with quicksilver. Definitely don't want him being the main wolverine moving forward in the MCU

StreetsAhead

Sep 16, 2020
Jackman was the perfect Wolverine, and while I'll never really say no to seeing more of him in the role, I feel like Logan was a perfect send-off and his character deserves that ending.

Even if this takes place prior to Logan, it'd still be more of Jackman as Wolverine, and Logan was a fitting end to him onscreen at all.

I totally agree.

I get that fans want it to happen, but I feel like it'd diminish the emotional weight of Logan a bit. It's special because it's Jackman's farewell to that character and any subsequent appearances (especially in Deadpool) would feel cheap.

Similarly, I wouldn't want to see Stewart reprise his role as Xavier, either.

If it was Deadpool kidnapping Hugh Jackman because he's insistent that he's Wolverine, then absolutely.

Okay, this would be great.

DeathyBoy

Oct 29, 2017
Under my Hela Hela
I totally agree.

I get that fans want it to happen, but I feel like it'd diminish the emotional weight of Logan a bit. It's special because it's Jackman's farewell to that character and any subsequent appearances (especially in Deadpool) would feel cheap.

Similarly, I wouldn't want to see Stewart reprise his role as Xavier, either.

Okay, this would be great.

It wouldn't diminish anything. MCU is on point.

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
I agree with him and Patrick that Logan was a good place for them to leave off. I'm fine with a brief cameo though.

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
Feel like it would take away from Logan honestly.

Also, quite frankly, I feel like his character is the wrong tone for the MCU. The only real actor I'd like to see carry over is Ian Mckellan.

Wolfe

Banned
Sep 3, 2018

I was leaning towards changing my answer to diff actor, but I like this idea lol.