• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 19767

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I mean, yes, I'd play it.

But on the other hand, there's nothing that I think Platinum would bring to the table that I think would improve the original Bloodborne - so it would almost be an entirely different game for no reason at all. So no, I don't want it.

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
No. Kamiya sucks and the best game he had his hand in was the original Devil May Cry (having not played Astral Chain.) Stop putting him and Platinum on this inane pedestal.
Imagine thinking Kamiya sucks when his entire career is a series of brilliant classics. His enthusiasm for the sheer joy of video games shines through all of his work. Beyond that, he's clearly a capable director with a knack for good design principles. What I mean is, all of his games feel good to play on a fundamental level, which is only possible with skilled team members guided by clear-headed direction and the right priorities.

A Kamiya game is guaranteed to have fun mechanics, ambitious design, and loads of added value.

Last edited:

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
fuck no

giphy.gif

OP
OP

Deleted member 1839

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No. Kamiya sucks and the best game he had his hand in was the original Devil May Cry (having not played Astral Chain.) Stop putting him and Platinum on this inane pedestal.

You could argue that he has a lot greater pedigree than most devs, so I wouldn't say he sucks especially with games he's been involved in.

you

Oct 28, 2017
Sure, I'd be "fine" with it. Kamiya is a good director and Platinum are great devs. But there's smiling and nodding "fine", and there's glowering and head-shaking "fine".

PeDeG.gif

Zolbrod

Oct 27, 2017
Osaka, Japan
I would love to see Kamiya do a Bloodborne game, but I wouldn't approach it as "regular" Bloodborne.
It would be its own, undoubtedly batshit insane thing.

Oct 30, 2017
What? NO!

Bloodborne design philosophy when it comes to environments and combat is so different lending it's influence from Dark Souls versus something like Devil May Cry and Bayonetta.

And I don't come to play Bloodbourn to play like those kind of character action games which I don't really play much.

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
Imagine thinking Kamiya sucks when his entire career is a series of brilliant classics. His enthusiasm for the sheer joy of video games shines through all of his work. A Kamiya game is guaranteed to have fun mechanics, ambitious design, and loads of added value.

I don't think there's another director with a hit streak like Kamiya. Six games, six bangers. 100% success ratio over a 20+ year career.

The stats don't lie, chaps. Hideki Kamiya: the GOATest of all time.

MrWindUpBird

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Bloodborne isn't an inane pedestal and is not in an echelon upon it's own.

The two don't really have a whole lot to do with each other and for many both Kamiya games and Bloodborne's spotlight is in it's gameplay, so I think combining these wouldn't be particularly complimentary.
I didn't say Bloodborne was? Most definitely has its flaws and it's not a perfect game, but it absolutely is the antithesis for Platinum's vision when it comes to their character action games/action RPGS.

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Whut?

No. Platinum makes fun games, yes, but I don't want them touching Bloodborne. Let them make their own Soulslike if they're so inclined, which I'm sure would be amazing. Personally, I prefer letting developers make the games they want to make and are passionate about making, instead of assigning them an IP to work on that they may, or may not, have an interest in tackling at all.

Now, I think a more "fun" question would be, "If Kamiya and Platinum games decided to create a new IP in the soulslike genre, what would/should it be?" Then we can have fun speculating on themes, combat mechanics, setting, who should publish it and why, etc, etc.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
After not being able to beat Orphan of Kos no matter what I tried, fuck Bloodborne. Lots of others had the same issue. Boss is insanely difficult without paying for PS+, even with top tier gems and stats. It literally will use an invisible hand to move you in front and proceed to lambast you with a series of aerial attacks that can reach 50 meters. Only way to avoid it when it bullshit grabs you as you correctly dodge is to unlock the camera and run like hell and then dodge as it hurls feces or whatever the fuck. Still so angry about it.

Voke

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
the thought of that really irks me. two completely different developers.

Bee.Cups

The Fallen
Absolutely not.
I know people love Platinum but their combat systems always end up feeling very button mashy and combo based to me, pretty much exactly the opposite of souls games and bloodborne in particular. I don't think I'd trust anyone other than from soft or former from soft employees to completely keep that careful reactionary flow bloodborne is known for.
Also, as some have said, platinum can't help but add wacky to their games and wacky and bloodborne probably aren't a good fit.

Oct 27, 2017
I genuinely think people saying Bloodborne has "bad" or "basic" combat are just really bad at Bloodborne.

I'm not even a "git good" player, but it has a clear and deliberate design philosophy that some of you just don't understand *shrugs*

Give it to Atlus's Persona team instead.

- Will be prequel.
- Protagonist is teen male student at Bygenwerth Academy.
- Protagonist have special ability to capture and summon Eldritch Horror.
- Lady Maria, Vicar Amelia, Eileen, Gehrman, Gascoigne will have Social Link. The first three can be romanced.
- Protagonist will have (little) sister like figure, which also romanceable
- Obligatory beach/bikini episode.
- Turn Based combat, with J-rock/pop with vocal as battle theme.
- The protagonist will defeat the final boss with the Power of Friendship, complete with a montage of supporting characters saying "I believe in you/You can do this/etc" while looking at the sky.
- Two predatory gay character that are played for laugh.
Even as a joke this is a better idea that OPs.

Last edited:

jblanco

Oct 27, 2017
Absolutely not.

I respect Kamiya and Platinum Games, but I've accepted that they are not for me.

Meanwhile From Software nails absolutely everything I like. Bloodborne is perhaps my absolute perfect game.

So, why would I want to take a chance on an idea that is very likely I would not like?

Mechaplum

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
JP
After not being able to beat Orphan of Kos no matter what I tried, fuck Bloodborne. Lots of others had the same issue. Boss is insanely difficult without paying for PS+, even with top tier gems and stats. It literally will use an invisible hand to move you in front and proceed to lambast you with a series of aerial attacks that can reach 50 meters. Only way to avoid it when it bullshit grabs you as you correctly dodge is to unlock the camera and run like hell and then dodge as it hurls feces or whatever the fuck. Still so angry about it.

He was the biggest roadblock for me too, but it gets a bit easier if you can time your parries. Dodge doesn't work as well.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
He was the biggest roadblock for me too, but it gets a bit easier if you can time your parries. Dodge doesn't work as well.

I can't parry, I didn't think that was a viable strat as sometimes he leaps like 20 feet into the air and the bullet misses. I read that it doesn't even have a backstab animation and pauses for 4 seconds and that's how some were able to solo.

It definitely does not fit the soulsborne standard as a balanced boss. Got the last bosses easy, farmed loran chalice and got to level 180 with 20+% phys up gems and the fucker makes his whaling sounds and DED.

I swear I could savagely wreck the base games final bosses in 30 seconds but I jus cant with orphan.

Anyway I've given up and let go. Knowing the game's endings, the inception boss is kind of pointless. I wish I never got the DLC, my impression of the game went from an awesome 9/10 to regrets.

Edit: seems you are correct. It's like an ambiguous version of the previous boss but even this guy is struggling to avoid death after who knows how many cuts and is misses parry half the time....pass
m.youtube.com

Bloodborne: Orphan of Kos - Parry & Backstab Guide, In-depth

This one took a while to do but I think I got it as good as I could. I'm on level 100 and this is NG+2.00:08 PARRY. Often the first move he does. Timing is e...

Last edited:

Zoid

Oct 27, 2017
Hell no. If Miyazaki doesn't come back for it I don't want it. Don't need another Dark Souls 2 scenario.

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
No because there would be bad Space Harrier bullshit

Mattakuevan

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I cannot think of a worse dev studio off the top of my head to take up the mantle. Platinum games are good and fine, but focus on entirely different things than from soft.

Flaurehn

Oct 25, 2017
Mexico City
This is not even like an outlandish idea, just a really bad one. Wanna make it interesting? How about a Cliffy B(loodborne) directed one