• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Boondocks

Nov 30, 2020
NE Georgia USA
Georgia, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, Arizona, and Nevada citizens who voted for Biden suffered a lot of emotional trauma and increase in taxes due to recounts and defending frivolous lawsuits file by Trump, et al.
All I would want is $10.00 awarded per citizen. That would add up.

Nov 2, 2017
I voted and I live in Georgia. They were denigrating the election system in which I was participant.
Not how standing works. "I live here" is basically the "I'm a taxpayer" argument, which is almost always a losing argument for standing. Pretty much the only time it works is if there's an underlying constitutionality issue that gives rise to the suit, or if it's local level stuff (which even then isn't guaranteed).

If it's something you want to read a little more about and understand why that argument won't fly, you can find a summary of some case law here at https://www.law.cornell.edu/constitution-conan/article-3/section-2/clause-1/taxpayer-suits

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
What do you mean? Do you have to have documented proof of injury?
To start yes.

Then you have to prove that injury was caused by what you are saying it was. And in a case like this you couldn't prove it. There are too many other factors that can be brought up as a possible other cause.

That also goes to that I'm not sure class action lawsuit can be done for emotional damages.

Deleted member 4614

Oct 25, 2017
The election wasn't overturned so you haven't experienced any injury