• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Would Thanos be able to beat Palpatine

• Thanos would spend the entire match trying to summon Exodia

Votes: 14 22.2%
  • Whenever Palpatine would activate a trap card, ackbar would be there

Votes: 16 25.4%
  • Can Lord Zedd in the toilet able to beat up steppenwolf from justice league?

Votes: 19 30.2%
  • Padme would probably marry Thanos

Votes: 14 22.2%

• Total voters

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
While Thanos is walking his dog in the park, he sees that Palpatine just beat Pennywise in Yu-Gi-Oh.

However, he notices that Palpatine was using the aether, which explains him being able to break through Pennywise's reality warping influence and win. Thanos needs to get the Stone, so he makes Palpatine wager it in a bet against his power stone. Voldemort is also there, but he's just Nyaa-ing in the background.

Would he be able to beat Palpatine?

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Thanos couldn't even beat Scarlet Witch, and Palpatine's force powers at the very least rival hers, at least in the MCU

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Fairly sure Scarlet Witch outstrips palpatine by many orders of magnitude
In the comics, sure, but in the MCU I think Palpatine could take her. Scarlet Witch can't make a person

Edit: Okay I meant she can't artificially (magically?) create a human. She can do it the normal way, with a stork.

Last edited:

Lord Azrael

Oct 25, 2017
Once Palpatine summons the seal of Orichalcos it's GG for Thanos

Banished to the shadow realm no doubt

OP
OP
Veelk

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
Edited the original post for your sick minds
I don't think we know the limits of her power, actually. Mostly she just uses telekinesis, but there are implications there is more to it, like that scene where she seemed to walk backwards in AoU

but how will that help her win at yugioh

fallengorn

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
Palpatine: I am the Senet.

xggRvs8.png

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
The force is weak as shit, straight neoliberual booty juice

MonsterJail

Self requested temp ban
Avenger
Feb 27, 2018
Thanos and Palpatine dropping coins into a glass full of liquor until one of them causes it to spill

OP
OP
Veelk

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
Given Sephzilla 's good padme thread, I decided that this thread was incomplete without Padme's decision to marry a genocidal fascist.

Oct 26, 2017
Edo Tensei Thanos with the awakened Rinnegan and God Ki and the Heart of the Universe could solo Palpatine in a millisecond.

OP
OP
Veelk

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
Edo Tensei Thanos with the awakened Rinnegan and God Ki and the Heart of the Universe could solo Palpatine in a millisecond.
Yeah, but....and I think people keep missing this crucial point here.....Yu-gi-oh

they are playing Yu-gi-oh

I think he'd need the heart of the cards more than any of those things

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
Vanilla comic Thanos destroys movie Palpatine with little effort.

MCU Thanos has no energy projection powers and is not particularly invulnerable, so he'd probably lose if Palpatine cheesed him with lightning and force choke.

MCU Thanos + reality gem probably takes it.

Laser Man

Oct 26, 2017
Palps weakness is getting picked up from the ground and thrown down some kind of shaft, a skill that Darth Vader hadn't even perfected (he botched the Luke throw or Luke didn't sell it, didn't even survive the Death Star throw, no grace), Thanos is like a pro WWE wrestler... I fear that is a lockdown baby, marks n shoots!