• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

nded

Nov 14, 2017
There were some exciting and interesting bits, but most of it is stuff other people have probably already seen or experienced themselves.

Porky

Circumventing ban with an alt account
Banned
Mar 16, 2019
latest

I mean, this is literally The Sims.

Oct 31, 2017
It will be a dad sim. If anyone is into that. Manage patient expectations during the day, spend time with kids after work. Mini games only appear late night. Comes with sex too.

OP
OP

Deleted member 5148

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
A game about specific parts of my life could be interesting, I've lived through a few interesting things, and if they gamified certain moments it could be an interesting game.

A game that's just a retelling of my whole everyday life outside of specific "scene" things though? Definitely no.

This is an edit, but I'll expand a bit on a few scenes I can think of off the top:
-I was in a mall during a big Earthquake which made parts of the mall collapse and I was one of the people trapped inside while I was still a kid.
-I was in my house as a teen when my sister was having a birthday sleepover, and a known murder-thief who was on the run tried to break into out house as this happened, a neighbor spotted them sneaking around out house breaking in and called the police thankfully, but all the same. Was almost a perfect horror movie set-up
-I usually go out of my way to help people, most are just talking with them, but I've done some reckless things like dive into a filthy lake you're not supposed to swim in to save a drowning child and talk someone down from doing something violent to themselves in public.
-I've been in a forest when a forest fire suddenly started blazing nearby. I'm actually super fortunate I survived that one, it was terrifying to go through. It was spreading fast and animals were freaking out.
-I once had to chase down my very religious mother who ran away from home to join some travelling cult thing across multiple states while finding out where they'd been, try to gather information of where they're going, etc.

There's more of course, I'm fortunate I've lived through several interesting stories I can now tell. A lot of these sound bad, but I think conflict is more interesting than daily life for a game. But you could even turn something like cooking into a game (I love cooking), or I guess my horror obsession somehow.

If it was my daily life there'd be a lot of time on the computer and doing other daily things though.

Wow, Ill buy two copies of this book. book when?

House_Of_Lightning

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Depends. Late teens/early 20s? Lots of drugs, sex, New Orleans adventures, some quasi gangster shit, organizing with the CP USA.

Mid 20s to now? Ya'll would be bored as fuck.

Deleted member 37739

Banned
Jan 8, 2018
A game about marketing video games? Nah, nobody's got time for that. I can just imagine the trophies... *shudder*

Last edited:
OP
OP

Deleted member 5148

Oct 25, 2017
OK, heres my pitch:

Apartment maintenance manager RPG

Little andy dreams of being a maintenance manager master!

defeat work orders(enemies) with different abilities based on elements
repair electrical, water leaks, fire damages, mold and mildew(poison), or common(door stops, squeaky doors, (non elemental)

buy different equipment such as tools and uniforms (weapons and armor)
tools will effect performance on work orders, uniforms will effect relationships with co workers and residents

have relationships with co workers and residents, which depending on your actions, co workers may give you better(more rare) work orders in an also timely fashion while
residents may move out or be happy and stay

upgrade apartment complex with more amenities like a gym, pool or recreation area, this will open up more residents but also harder and more unique enemies.

when you fully "complete" or run your property successfully, you would move on to older(harder to maintain) and bigger properties.

You are a genius.

oneils

Oct 25, 2017
Ottawa Canada
There are some creative devs out there. I'm sure they can figure out a way to gamify 9to5 drudgery into something that would be interesting - for a few hours anyway.

Epinephrine

Oct 27, 2017
North Carolina
My daily life of going to work would be a IT troubleshooting simulator, so that might be enjoyable if you like puzzles. My wife and kid are cool, so you'd get to do fun stuff with them. Going to school again, so you'd be learning a lot too. There are concerts, hikes, swimming, good movies and a kick ass soundtrack.

My life isn't without frustrations, but it's been much harder than it current is, so yeah it would be fun. Just make sure to survive the years of self abuse via drugs and alcohol, underemployment, and dodging financial responsibility and you'll get to the good times. Basically, my early 20s was a minefield, so that'll be the challenging bit.

Also, to anyone reading this who identitifies with the last bit, you already know your problems, work on addressing them and improving your life a little bit at a time. I used to think I was having fun, but I was just depressed and propping myself up. Life gets better, but it takes constant work. Don't be too proud to ask for help.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
I'm an indie dev now and there's been a few games about game developments (for obvious reasons it's a topic that many gamers find interesting), so sure. As a bonus my SO runs a cat rescue and adoption which I think could be a pretty fun gaming experience too.

Timppis

Banned
Apr 27, 2018
Magic âś”
Circus âś”
Sports âś”
Parties âś”
Sex âś”
Monsters âś–
Big vehicles âś”
Army âś”
Sidequests, A LOT OF SIDEQUESTS âś”

I'd play it.
Again.

Wakka212

Oct 30, 2017
Boring most of the year due to work

But almost the entire PS4 library is accessible from within the game. So. I mean if you like PS4, enjoy the games within the game of my life!

Chamon

Feb 26, 2019
A game about my life where you can actually make right all the mistakes I made? I would platinum it