• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Breqesk

Oct 28, 2017
i'd love it if this were an iso-RPG - isometric sci-fi/space opera RPGs aren't exactly thick on the ground - but i'm guessing it's probably gonna be a third person triple-A kinda thing, going by the team they've assembled and some of the posts in this thread.

thankfully, i'm also super excited for a new one of those, sooooo

Grayson

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Aug 21, 2019
arc.jpg

https://screenrant.com/wizards-coast-archetype-entertainment-science-fiction-rpg-platforms/

https://www.archetype-entertainment.com/

Seems like a lot of potential for success, they have a very clear vision going by their website. And more RPG studios are always a good thing in my book.
This is WotC though, so the possibility of stupidity ruining everything is there.
WotC has been on the top of its game for years now.

Fuchsia

Oct 28, 2017
Some top tier talent on this one. I'm VERY intrigued. Can't wait. I need more sci-fi RPGs in my life. I've also been hankering for anything akin to KOTOR or Mass Effect.

Grayson

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Aug 21, 2019
I originally joined this forum to talk shit about WotC, I know what I'm talking about, don't try to tell me WotC doesn't fuck things up for their customers all the time, I'm sure the people who make money are oh so happy though.

I could go on an endless rant about WotC, but I won't cause that's not what this thread is about.
I'll tell you because I wholly disagree so don't act superior. Joining a forum to air your nonsense is pretty off.

TC McQueen

Oct 27, 2017
Gonna be honest, hearing Drew Karpsyhn is involved in the writing is not giving me good feelings about how this could turn out, because he helped conceive the even dumber original Mass Effect 3 ending, which involved Dark Energy accelerating the heat death of the galaxy/universe and made no sense because the obvious solution was for the Reapers to not seed the galaxy with mass effect tech.

OP
OP
SubvertedTrope
Sep 14, 2018
Gonna be honest, hearing Drew Karpsyhn is involved in the writing is not giving me good feelings about how this could turn out, because he helped conceive the even dumber original Mass Effect 3 ending, which involved Dark Energy accelerating the heat death of the galaxy/universe and made no sense because the obvious solution was for the Reapers to not seed the galaxy with mass effect tech.

Oh yeah I never knew what that was about, as far as I remember there was no setup for that so it must have been dropped before anything significant was done with that storyline. Presumably if they had gone with that it would have been better explained than just the general idea. So there is not much to go on with that hypothetical ending, and I have a hard time thinking it would have gone over worse than the actual ending.

I think Tali mentions something about dark energy in her first appearance in ME2 but that was it I'm pretty sure.