• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
DMC V finally got its hooks in, so curious about checking out the older games. Definitely want to play 3, but are the first two also playing? Or better to just get 3 separately?

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
1 is definitely worth it, even if 3 is the best. It's just so cool to see them coming up with an entirely new genre.

Defuser

Oct 25, 2017
1 is good but clunky but DMC3 is peak DMC and the DMC3 Switch topped it with the addition of realtime style switching like 4/5 which the DMC collection don't have.

ichigoww

Apr 22, 2018
I bought the collection last year and had a blast with 1 and 3. 2 was hilariously bad, as expected.
If you are more interested in checking out the extra features of the switch port rather than playing 1, then go for it.

Yes I played 2, I was curious okay

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
1 is good but the greatness and stuff added to the switch port makes it the winner. On the fly style switching is game changing.

PhantomArtifice

Lead Administrator at Final Weapon
Verified
Apr 24, 2019
USA
1 is good, however I do feel that 3SE on Switch is much more appealing with the real time style switching and additional features not found anywhere else.

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
I'd say the trilogy on PS4 is worth it more than just DMC 3 on Switch. DMC 1 is still a fantastic game it just has a few rough edges nowadays. You also get DMC3 as well just without as many bells and whistles as the Switch version.

Oh and if you do go with DMC3 on Switch please do not play with on the fly style switching on your first playthrough. I'm gonna sound lame but the game really wasn't designed with on the fly style switching in mind Like 4 and 5 were. So I think it would be best to save that feature for the second play through if you do go with that version

JCal

Oct 27, 2017
Los Alfheim
Get 1 and 3 on Switch. Maybe wait for DMC1 to go on sale, but DMC3... spend the cash. Treat yourself, as they say lol.

SWEET, BABY, DMC3 Switch is soooo fucking good!!!