• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Jan 27, 2019
Fuck off
Let's see some cringe and outright awful covers. Post them here.

BAC_GOTY_360PFTfront610.jpg

Hayama Akito

Oct 25, 2017
Classic thread.

There are damn too many examples, the nineties were a special time for destroying so much japanese games with those covers...

One of my favorite examples were Acclaim with Puzzle Bobble.

Like... this is still a nightmare to my eyes.

Bust-A-Move+2+-+Arcade+Edition+(USA)-image.jpg

SuperBustAMove_PS2USBOX.jpg

Opa-Opa

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 16, 2018
18112016103206_strider.jpg

VS

latest

Middle aged man in purple tops lol!
But bad covers are so bad they're good!

TheBiInBilingual

THE STORE ENSURED ME THERE WOULDN'T BE FILM
Feb 22, 2018
Every single cover art with the main protagonist standing in the middle looking into or away from the camera. So boring.

Oct 27, 2017
Man I feel like I've seen this exact thread several times before and with exactly these mentions, in an almost identical order, without fail. Alas.

And yet nobody named this classic:

ADWK.png

To be fair, more of a bad title than a bad cover.

Ghos

Oct 25, 2017
the last of us ii cover is so bad :/ it's a like a thumbnail of some random gorey video

Stefarno

I ... survived Sedona
Oct 27, 2017
No, this isn't a music game:
RsSf7uBh.jpg

The most annoying thing is that the game has some really good art too.

The Ubisoft 'double pack' cases on Xbox are always awful too, no idea why they look so much worse than the PS4 versions:
81J2zaAo1PL._AC_SL800_.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
If I'm being totally honest, several of Sony's marquee, high-budget first party games have had covers that fucking suck. Totally uninspired, trite and flat in imagination.

The worst offender for me is that Spider-Man cover. Can't really fathom anyone defending how boring and unimaginative it truly is.

ce1ab82a0a23ccfc874e0ba07991b011.jpg

To me, It's merely a couple steps better than those gamestop/eb games generic replacement covers with the title written in marker.

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
images

They totally want casual fans to think it's the whole story. It's so out of character for SE not to do a subtitle.

This should be the cover for the whole collection of games IMO.

liquidtmd

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Phalanx SNES and Strider MD, ERA got me covered

196307-don-t-buy-this-zx-spectrum-front-cover.jpg

And to those who say 'that was the Spectrum era, lol' there was quite good covers across the generation - the Fantasy World Dizzy cover captured my imagination

Runner

Nov 1, 2017
the worst is pro wrestling for the master system:
Sms_pro_wrestling_box.jpg

it's not even particularly close.

Oct 27, 2017
images

They totally want casual fans to think it's the whole story. It's so out of character for SE not to do a subtitle.

This should be the cover for the whole collection of games IMO.

Total bollocks.

This is a great cover that evokes the original cover well while being different enough from it to be recognizable as something new. Judge the misleading marketing all you wish, but the cover itself is excellent.