• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SnatcherHunter

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
151148-brawl-brothers-snes-front-cover.jpg

Just Beautiful

SnatcherHunter

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Whoa I had no idea this was a sequel to anything. I loved this game.

It's funny you say that.

When I had my dad buy me the game, I automatically assumed it was the sequel to Rival Turf, because it was made by Jaleco and noticed 2 of the main characters looked identical to the first one.

Years later, it turns out I was right! lol

J_Ark

Oct 27, 2017
i'm so sorry if i beaten you now lol, but at least don't judge a book by it's covers itself, and it's really enjoyable rpg, although first suikoden is my first game i'm playing when i was young.
I played it a dozen of times until internet arrived, discovered gamefaqs and finally could see the true ending T_T

I made two spoiler free guides in spanish to help people to get the true endings of the first and the second game. Suikopals until the end.

Keke094

Oct 31, 2017
I played it a dozen of times until internet arrived, discovered gamefaqs and finally could see the true ending T_T

I made two spoiler free guides in spanish to help people to get the true endings of the first and the second game. Suikopals until the end.

same here, but i have finally beaten first suikoden on my own... and fortunately because we need 108 stars to recruits i have compeleted getting the true ending, and also suikoden 2 i wasn't enough have a time to completed clive quest and have a lot requirements to getting a perfect ending T_T so i'm tried using walktrough to supposedly how to get it...

and also suikoden 3 is really really BEAUTIFUL game, is so sad that this game is murayama' last game after he was quit konami.

J_Ark

Oct 27, 2017
same here, but i have finally beaten first suikoden on my own... and fortunately because we need 108 stars to recruits i have compeleted getting the true ending, and also suikoden 2 i wasn't enough have a time to completed clive quest and have a lot requirements to getting a perfect ending T_T so i'm tried using walktrough to supposedly how to get it...

and also suikoden 3 is really really BEAUTIFUL game, is so sad that this game is murayama' last game after he was quit konami.
Yeah, the Trinity Site was brilliant and the main characters lovable. Suikoden IV was a let down but Suikoden V felt kinda good, I hope someday someone could continue the saga.

Keke094

Oct 31, 2017
Yeah, the Trinity Site was brilliant and the main characters lovable. Suikoden IV was a let down but Suikoden V felt kinda good, I hope someday someone could continue the saga.

i don't think i could hoping the saga will be continued or not, because konami restricted is really yeah weirdly now... what could be hope for now something for PSN port or else. i have finished Suikoden IV but didin't finishing V yet.

J_Ark

Oct 27, 2017
i don't think i could hoping the saga will be continued or not, because konami restricted is really yeah weirdly now... what could be hope for now something for PSN port or else. i have finished Suikoden IV but didin't finishing V yet.
Suikoden IV is soooooo bad. V is better in so many ways xD

Crackhead_Bob

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Capcom USA had some real lousy box art back in the early NES days. The Strider box art for Genesis was something else, also.

Iride

Oct 28, 2017
The box art for the Xbox version of the first Fatal Frame is pretty bad in retrospect... but it's hilarious to see Long Arms creeping in the background:

18881_front.jpg

Original NA PS2 box art is better if you ask me, but not by much...

15027_front.jpg

I guess it's nice that some of the ghosts are getting shown off, but the JP box arts are much better if you ask me. On the bright side, subsequent games in the series had great box art in all regions.

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Did anyone list this?

These are the three regional covers for this game. One of them stands out.

gallery_5_6_74930.jpg

Rising Star Games going for that casual Wii market. The JP Box is the only good one IMO but the EU one will never fail to make me chuckle.

There was in fact an alternative blue serious EU cover but I cannot seem to find a copy of it on Google unfortunately.

meloa

Nov 10, 2017
I'm not a fan but at least they put some effort into it unlike the others.

Like the GBA, PS1 and PS2 versions it is a terrible low-budget port. I have no idea how they managed to screw up porting a game from the early 90s so badly, but seemingly they managed it.

To give an indication as to how poor they were, this is the intro from the PS1 version:

There was going to be a proper remake for handhelds, PC, current-gen and last-gen consoles a few years back but nothing came of it.

This looks like one of those CDI Phillips games

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
43792-shining-force-ii-genesis-front-cover.jpg

Like it's not even a bad artwork per se but still what the fuck is wrong with his face?! I guess he is supposed to be Bowie? He even got some double chin going on there.

covercritic81g.jpg

Dr. Wily demands your attention.

Brinksman

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
PS1

264757-blood-omen-legacy-of-kain-playstation-front-cover.png

bo-cover.jpg

Designed to capture the pathos of Kain, and his futile struggle to reclaim his lost humanity; the spiky imagery variously representing vampire fangs, impalement stakes, the character's shattered illusions, and the story-centric Pillars of Nosgoth reaching infinitely into the sky; little hints at the running themes of morality and martyrdom with the sword/crucifix symbology.

PC

Blood_Omen_-_Legacy_of_Kain_Coverart.png

Nov 3, 2017
BS-X
Dug through 9 pages and didn't see these:
Bomberman_%28TurboGrafx-16%29_boxart.jpg

Keith_Courage_in_Alpha_Zones_boxart.jpg

274-Bust_a_Move_2_Arcade_Edition_(U)-10.jpg

And while this may be kinda cheating, how about we try Arcade promo art/posters in lieu of actual arcade "boxart"?

tmnt2-ac-us-cover.jpg

Cow Mengde

Oct 26, 2017
Slightly off topic, but is there a thread for best box art? I tried to search, but the forum says the words were either too short, or too common. I limited it to just the thread title too. Cause I just saw the best box art that brought back some childhood memories.

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017

No exaggeration, this is true. I don't understand why they did this? This could be some knock off series and I wouldn't know.

Uncharted 4 is much better, if still a little boring. At least it has some style and doesn't have it's characters looking like they're at some photo booth in a kids museum.

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
91480-call-of-duty-3-playstation-3-front-cover.jpg

He's literally facing away from the Germans and shooting at his own guys.

50cdcfb8c0b19c44cdb3acf6a7499129--gaming-memes-videogames.jpg

Dv23eSwjoWcXBBKON8MrMoL8-gJVBuWgjYEFegE2We3Gd7IcGaOwESYOjw5KjD4u9g=h900

While this is the exact same expression I make when I'm forced to watch baseball, pure apathy doesn't make for an exciting cover, especially considering they clearly wanted to make this look like a dramatic freeze frame

this
what am I doing?
Is this all there is to baseball?
Will anyone remember what I do here today?
Have I wasted my life getting here?
Who am I?
I should have just stayed home and had chicken nuggets and beer. Would have been better than this. Baseball? I don't even like baseball. No good piece of plastic. I could be doing something useful with my life. What about all the people who play this game? How many collective hours have I stolen from the human race because of this? Will they hold it against me?

Last edited: