• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Garbage titles

• End Game

Votes: 84 5.6%
  • Rise of Skywalker

Votes: 436 29.2%
  • Thor 2 Dark World

Votes: 134 9.0%
  • Fate of the Furious

Votes: 97 6.5%
  • Attack of the Clones

Votes: 76 5.1%
  • Wii U

Votes: 595 39.9%
  • WWE, here, now, Forever

Votes: 70 4.7%

• Total voters

Zero-ELEC

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
México
I am legally obligated to vote for "Thor 2 Dark World" and also point out the name of the film is not that but simply Thor: The Dark World.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think Endgame is a particularly strong title when you consider its implications as a chess term.

Endgame is the point at which there are only a few pieces left playing, and both players must begin sacrificing their most valuable pieces for the sake of victory. It's a direct contradiction of Captain America's "We don't trade lives." Heroes will definitely have to die for victory to be achieved. So it somberly points to major character deaths as an important and necessary part of the film and makes it quite an ominous title.

GKSilKamina

Oct 25, 2017
Festering Swamp, USA
As someone who used to work in an electronics department at a retail store, the answer is Wii U. Most customers I talked to had no idea it was a new system and not a regular Wii. And when I tried to explain it to them they got mad they'd have to buy a new system to play Mariokart 8.

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018

iCVcy2M.gif

Cindres

Oct 28, 2017
We haven't seen the new Star Wars yet so I think it's unfair to vote for that one when the title might make perfect sense once we actually see the film.

Lot of classic internet reactionary knee-jerk bullshit tbh.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
"Worse". Anyway, we haven't even seen either film so we can't say how apt they are.

Overall I'll go with "Ballistic: Ecks vs Sever". Dumbass tile for a horrible film.

GMM

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
We have no context to what the Star Wars title actually means and it probably makes a whole lot more sense once we do, but it's not the best title.

TwoDelay

Apr 6, 2018
Endgame is a perfect title
And The rise of sky walker seems like something that'll make sense after the movie

RPGamer92

Oct 25, 2017
I would go as far to say Infinity War is a stupid subtitle and Avengers 3/4 should of been The Infinity Gauntlet Part 1 and Part 2.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
JJ explains the title

"Well, the title feels like it's the right title for this movie. I know it's provocative and asks a bunch of questions but when you see the movie you'll see how it was intended and what it means. But in the flow of titles this title had a very big responsability — it had to be the end of not only three movies, but nine movies. The idea of incorporating the movies that come before strangely is the story of the movie. It's the characters in the film inherriting everything that's come before in previous generations, wether it's the sins of the father or the wisdom that they've acquired, and the question is, is this new generation up to the task, can they stand up to what they have to. So in a way, we came to this movie having inherrited a lot, and the question can we do it is a question we ask ourselves everyday.

RoninRay

Oct 28, 2017
Both of these are perfectly good titles. Also, y'all crazy if you think Aunt Beru really died. She's playing the long game. Those were just piles of toast.

Titles that I had subjective trouble with, but weren't bad titles necessarily - but WERE great things that I wanted better titles for:

Oblivion - (I just can't remember it in fact I had to google Tom Cruise sci fi movie)
Horizon: Zero Dawn (I will probably really like it if the sequel is called like, "Horizon: Sequel Words" because then it becomes a good name and a framing device instead of sounding like a 1990s French Amiga cult classic)
Edge of Tomorrow - almost the same problem as Oblivion in terms of generic - but made worse by the OG title being crazy but memorable (All You Need Is Kill)
Blade Runner 2049 - Again with the 90s Amiga releases - and the added "CRT screens in yo spaceship" embarrassment of us all knowing we're not getting any of that shit by 2049.
Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice - sounds like a Japanese sounding name that a Boston-based marketing guy thought up, even though it's not and it really is Japanese.

Edge of tommorow should have went with the title on the front of the blu ray box as if it was the actual title but it wasn't. Live die repeat.
A1WsLOeIWgL._SX342_.jpg

Temp_User

Oct 30, 2017
Endgame is a great title, Rise of Skywalker is spoilerish and on the nose but what the heck is a Quantum of Solace?

captive

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
Endgame is simple, marketable, and perfectly describes the plot of the movie, yeah it's not brilliant, but why is it bad?
And it's actually a call back all the way back to age of ultron.

When they're arguing Tony says the end game is another alien coming to destroy earth or something to that effect.

Deleted member 3925

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nothing wrong with Endgame. The Rise of Skywalker sounds like fanfiction, but I guess it'll make sense when we see it.

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
I keep wanting to say "The Rise of The Skywalker". Reminds me of how much I hated "Dark of the Moon". Just feels a bit awkward to say.

Endgame is nice and simple.

Deleted member 20295

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Manchester, UK
Easily Rise of Skywalker, I didn't know the teaser was out yesterday and was browsing YouTube and spotted it - it thought it was a fan made thing with such a bad title.

Endgame is fine, more so when it was teased since Ultron.

GamerJM

Nov 8, 2017
Endgame is a great title. Rise of Skywalker I'm extremely iffy and mostly down on but could possibly be justified by the movie itself.

Wii U was pretty damn bad. The U makes no sense from a marketing perspective.