• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

BoJack

Banned
Apr 4, 2018
EA. Coz EA! I put +1000 hrs into FIFA Ultimate Team every year, and after years of shitty servers, massive gameplay issues and disgusting loot-boxes, I decided to skip FIFA 20 and I won't feed your pocket EA, until you learn that you have to respect your customers. It's a really hard thing to do, but enough is enough.

I won't set up a poll for this one, I think it's better this way. But feel free to whine and yell and criticize. You'll have our empathy.

Firima

Oct 27, 2017
EA did give me another Mirror's Edge (and, therefore, another glorious Solar Fields soundtrack), and for that I will be eternally grateful.

Going with Atlus. What the fuck is in the water over there?

Silver-Streak

Oct 25, 2017
It's probably either EA or Activision

Edit: removed the offtopic comments around decades.

Also holy crap I forgot Konami.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
EA. Special shoutout to Konami for being dicks to Kojima and practically exiting the industry.

Why Atlus? At least they still release different things.

Oct 26, 2017
Actually, I change my answer to Riot Games. All the terrible shit that came out about their work conditions and employee treatment bumps them ahead of Atlus and their transphobic and homophobic content in games. Both have been shit though.

Jakisthe

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, very obviously Konami. Everyone else at least gave us games; at their worst it's all better than some pachinko garbage or nothing at all.

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret Corrupted by Vengeance
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
In terms of "publisher I care the least about" its probably Atlus because they have nothing interesting for me.

Actually bad? 90% of them because all of them did shady shit this decade.

Mattakuevan

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Atlus? Y'all serious? They put out some amazing games with some problematic content in them.

The answer is, and probably always will be EA/Activision.

jetsetrez

Oct 27, 2017
I don't understand all these Atlus mentions. Did they make some heinous social gaff that I'm unaware of or something? I don't understand how that would be anyone's first pick. Seems like the cut and dry answer should be Konami imo.

JustJavi

Oct 27, 2017
New Zealand
If we talk about the last 10 years, EA or Activision with a special mention to Dangen, Niscalis and Riot for the "great efforts" put in the last year.

ngower

Nov 20, 2017
EA.

I didn't pick up FIFA this year and have no plans to until they stop riding the Ultimate Team train at the expense of literally everything else in the game. It's a passive money making machine for them rather than a good soccer game.

Paired with their closure of studios, cancellation of games, degradation of beloved franchises and scummy business practices they are just impossible to like right now.

saiko

Keeper of the White Materia
Nov 4, 2017
EA, Blizzard, or Konami. I'm leaning towards Blizzard.

Mattakuevan

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User banned (1 month): dismissing concerns around bigotry
I don't understand all these Atlus mentions. Did they make some heinous social gaff that I'm unaware of or something? I don't understand how that would be anyone's first pick. Seems like the cut and dry answer should be Konami imo.

They're mad about a scene in P5 and Catherine Full Body. Its enough to invalidate the entire company for some users.

lost7

Feb 20, 2018
EA published Mass Effect 2 in this decade, so just based on that, they cannot be the worst publisher

Deleted member 5028

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
Microsoft dropped the ball hard mid Xbox 360, but it seems like they are turning things around for the next decade.