• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Jeffapp

Oct 29, 2017
Yep, Beast is in his 50's in Dark Phoenix and this is how he looks like
images

there's a scene where quicksilver is talking to a group of professor x students after the space ship rescue and it's so fucked up cause yes the actor looks 20's but the character is supposed to be mid 40's? Flirting with 13 year olds

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
My girlfriend has been watching Outer Banks on Netflix. Its trash, so whatever, but the thing that kills me the most is that for some reason the creatives decided that the main characters are 16 years old and then cast a bunch of obvious 20-30 year olds. For a show that focuses on them being 16, it just kills me. Even if they'd made the characters 18-20 I'd probably buy it. But 16? Fucking lol.

Atolm

Oct 25, 2017
The funny thing about Saint Seiya is that when you begin looking at the age of the characters to the plot holes become so apparent and the author doesn't give a damn.

Addi

Oct 25, 2017
I remember Smallville annoying me because they were supposed to be around my age back then, but the the actors were 5-10 years older.

Deleted member 2840

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Chaves-e-espanhol-sem-fronteiras.jpg

I don't know if it fits, but I know there were a lot of people like me back then.
When I was a kid I was ABSOLUTELY sure that the main cast of "kids" were actually kids. It was knot years later that I got to know that nope, they're all adults. I mean of course they're fucking adults look at them! But my child mind never realized it.

Westbahnhof

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austria
Man, I can't find it, but there was this japanese live action series a friend once showed me where some of the the 15 year old characters (school delinquents) were portrayed by actors that were like, 40-50 years old. It was so funny, even though it was clearly intentional.

Sebalt

Oct 28, 2017
maxresdefault.jpg

Trunks was 14, Goten was 13, and Marron was 9. They do not look anywhere near their ages, lol. (And don't give me that "Saiyan" stuff. Future Trunks was the same age in the History of Trunks special when he first went Super Saiyan.)

Yeah, even Gohan looked way older at 8-9. Goku was an exception (and because Dragon Ball was firstly a comedic manga).

Anyway, really surprised by some facts in this thread. I thought Saint Seiya characters were all adults ha ha

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
Well Goku looks the same at the start of DBZ as he does at the start of GT despite Gohan growing up and having a teenage kid by that time

In fact no one in DB ages properly, Krillin must be like 60 by GT?

Last edited:

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
Been rewatching The Last Kingdom from the beginning, and the pilot has a ton of this. Uhtred is supposed to 8 years old in the pilot, but everyone else (Ubba, young Ragnar, Guthred) is the same age as in later episodes where Uhtred is 20+.
It's as if everyone else was an immortal vampire or something.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
And Darth Vader was only 45 when he died, but I guess getting burned alive and years of dark side does that to you.

latest

Both Anakin and Obi-Wan are way older than they should really be. Obi-Wan was 57 and Anakin was 45, but Alec Guinness already looked older than 63 (his actual age) in A New Hope and Sebastian Shaw was 78 by the time Return of the Jedi came out.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Giorno is bad too. He's drawn the same as twenty year old Bucciariati, so hearing the latter call him a brat is jarring
There's honestly no reason for Giorno to be 15 maybe Araki intended for him to be in high school pan out but the way the show ended up he could the same as the rest of the gang and nothing would change

Part 4 needs to be in high school 5 didn't

THErest

Oct 25, 2017
Both Anakin and Obi-Wan are way older than they should really be. Obi-Wan was 57 and Anakin was 45, but Alec Guinness already looked older than 63 (his actual age) in A New Hope and Sebastian Shaw was 78 by the time Return of the Jedi came out.

I mean, it was fine back then. It's due to the prequels that they now retroactively appear too old.

Obi-Wan was meant to be seen as a crazy old man/wizard.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Alexandria Daddario in Texas Chainsaw 3D

You want to try and guess how old her character is?
ktaNO2W.jpg

Roughly 39
Lol

To be fair I'm pretty sure they're supposed in their 20s but the movie can't make up its mind in what period they want the movie to be set in so everyone is younger than they're supposed to be

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Not exactly what on topic but Nora from The Flash annoyed me

d2d8b3f82688ad5416e4fb88284841ecb27e2cb8.jpg

She's meant to be Barry Allen and Iris West's daughter from the future who went back in time to meet her parents. Barry and Iris are suppose to be in their late 20s in the show and Nora is at least 25 but you'd think she was half that with way Nora acts. Jessica Parker Kennedy who plays Nora is also actually older than both Grant Gustin and Candice Patton but the real issue is the bizarre choice of the writers to make her act like a moody preteen.
I don't know why they didn't make Nora a teenager because they clearly write her as a teenager because she doesn't act like someone who's supposed to be in her 20s and people in the show treat her like she's 15 not that shes a couple years younger than them

Only reason i think is so she can be her dad csi assistant because i can't think of any other reason

Frankish

Oct 25, 2017
USA
Been rewatching The Last Kingdom from the beginning, and the pilot has a ton of this. Uhtred is supposed to 8 years old in the pilot, but everyone else (Ubba, young Ragnar, Guthred) is the same age as in later episodes where Uhtred is 20+.
It's as if everyone else was an immortal vampire or something.

Lady Aelswith blew my mind. The actress is only 26 (21-22 when season one aired). I don't know why but I thought she was much older. Maybe because she's a grandmother by season 3 but I guess it wasn't that crazy to have children at a very young age back then.

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
american-comic-actresses-lucille-ball-as-lucy-ricardo-and-vivian-as-picture-id115288920

Vivian Vance was actually only a year older than Lucille Ball, but Ethel looked--and probably was--much older than Lucy on the show.