• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 2109

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Probably my morbid sense of humor. I mostly keep it between me and my wife irl and rarely ever show it online because I'd get banned here. :-)

Baphomet

Dec 8, 2018
I am way too pessimist now , I always expect the worse out of every situation so I won't be surprised when shit goes bad.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
My temper. I have never taken it out on a person or animal, but I have kicked many dents in my old car, smashed many keyboards, and yelled plenty into the ether. Got it from my father.

Saganator

Oct 26, 2017
It's become apparent that I can come off as defensive when I'm just trying to answer a question, trying to work on that.

And I hate to say it, if I'm not really into a project or whatever at work I procrastinate like a mother fucker.

Zolbrod

Oct 27, 2017
Osaka, Japan
648647.jpg

Ogodei

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coruscant
The one that keeps screwing me over is my impatience. I act before the time is ripe, either out of fear or anger or mere frustration. I waste a lot of time and mental energy obsessing about things that have not come to pass.

Truly Gargantuan

Still doesn't have a tag :'(
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Like a few others in this thread it can take me a while to warm up to folks. Unless we have a major common interest (music, video games, etc.) I will be extremely quiet around you for a good few weeks or a month or two.

Oh and I'm an extremely whimsical person. I'm all about that instant gratification which leads me to getting into trouble when looking for something exciting to do. Boredom is the bane of my existence.

Oct 27, 2017
I can be very indecisive sometimes. I like to take my sweet time with things and explore options before pulling the trigger. This can annoy friends and family members when eating at a restaurant with a huge menu. It also makes me really bad at small-talk, because I can't decide what I should and shouldn't say in the heat of the moment. Fast-paced board games are another thing i'm awful at. It's all very daunting if you're an anxiety-riddled person like me.

My anxiety is so bad, I'm even bad at text messaging friends. I tend to write my thoughts in a note app before sending them, like a cohesive paragraph. I don't want people to get the wrong idea. I want my thoughts to be as clear and concise as possible. Does anyone else do this? I feel like an obsessive maniac lol. Like, the other day I was texting a friend about my thoughts on Joker. So, instead of rapid texting back and forth, I took quite a few minutes to write a compelling message. My friend was only sending these short, one-line responses, though.

I guess the downside of all this, is that I waste time, both mine and my friends haha (weeps internally)

Last edited:

Baron Von Beans

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'm very apathetic to a lot of things. Way more than the average person, I think.

Also, I often respond very poorly to certain hostile situations. I know in those social situations I need to listen to the other person fully, do not interrupt, take a moment after they are done talking and compose my thoughts. But so often I break that, I interrupt them, and I say things without thinking. I try to not do this, but I have trouble with it. I would like to work on it, but I don't want to willingly put myself into a very hostile situation where I'm being verbally attacked. I try to avoid any confrontation in every way, but if that fails, I fail, hard.

Otherwise I'm pretty easy going and laid back, calm as a Hindu cow

Scarlet Spider

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
I can't express outward excitement. Internally I feel happy but outwardly my expression doesn't really change. Getting gifts, praise, etc. All I can do is just thank someone and force a smile.

Oct 27, 2017
I can be astonishingly lazy. Lawd knows where I'd be in life if I could just pull my finger out of my arse a bit more.
Extremely lazy so I keep procrastinating and giving up.
This. I hate my lazy ass sometimes
lazy and i procrastinate
This. Replying to this thread is the most energetic thing I've done all day.

Azzanadra

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Probably my cheapness. I live in a working class family and always had to pinch my pennies, sadly its a a trait that has carried over to my young adulthood even though I've a bit more to spend these days (but by no means enough to qualify me as "middle class", not yet at least).

Deleted member 23850

Oct 28, 2017
Now I'm feeling irreverent about everything.

I do flip-flop a lot.

rAndom

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm awkward in social situations. I'm not the most talkative, I usually don't agree with the popular opinion, and mostly won't initiate interactions. Can really be a disadvantage for the most part.

Soma

Oct 27, 2017
San Francisco
I crave approval and recognition from others which leads me to either becoming a doormat to people in order to keep them in good spirits with me or to completely stall on doing certain things in fear that others will be disappointed.

Deleted member 20284

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Can be too stubborn.

Prone to saying stupid shit in the heat of the moment, although I've worked on this for years so usually keep that down to only a few incidents a year now.

I care too much, as in I offer help or assistance or a shoulder to cry on and just end up taking on more than I should really. I've been curtailing this for years now as I've learnt it's usually just taken massive advantage of, repeatedly by those that don't deserve it.

Quick

Oct 25, 2017
Self-doubt and overthinking everything.

I've had numerous people reassure me, but those traits really rear its head in the worst ways sometimes.

DarthSpider

The Fallen
Nov 15, 2017
Hiroshima, Japan
Fuck me, where to begin?!

I lack empathy and I have no will power. Those are the two big ones I think. Oh, and I have unrealistically high expectations of the people I love, despite not living up to my own expectations of myself. As far as adulting and being a good husband and parent, I think I'm doing a pretty damn good job, but it's still very hypocritical of me.

Boy

Apr 24, 2018
Too much of a perfectionist. Whatever i'm doing, i feel like i tend to get hung up on the smallest of details. It can hold me back from getting things finished. Getting better at not to worry too much and just finish things though, but it's still challenging.

Chasex

Oct 29, 2017
I hate conflict. I will sacrifice myself to prevent it if necessary. Practically speaking this allows others to take advantage. It also doesn't mesh well with leadership responsibilities and I am in a leadership position at work. Ironically, some people interpret this trait as being fake or two faced... which then creates conflict. Really I just need to be more confrontational and say "no" sometimes. It's a work in progress.

Deleted member 8741

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I overthink and over plan for everything. It gives me a lot of anxiety.

It also means I've been very good and saving, handling "unexpected" situations calmly, and responding well to emergencies.

Win some, lose some.

Pau

Self-Appointed Godmother of Bruce Wayne's Children
Oct 25, 2017
The worst? Hard to just pick one. :P

oh god, if anyone ever gets me started talking about birds they have no idea what they've unleashed. And then later I think "oh... maybe they didn't want to hear about my pet bird for 10 minutes"
This is me but about the Robins.

Kasey

Nov 1, 2017
Boise
I'm too aloof. Have a problem with ghosting too when I don't see someone all the time.

I am very good at the important things, though. I remember birthdays, I listen to people's likes/dislikes so I am a god with gifts. I just act like I don't give a shit.

Because I'm high all the time

GamerJM

Nov 8, 2017
There's a lot, but the first thing that comes to mind recently is that I'm always in a "mad about his job" mood whenever I'm holding a conversation with someone IRL.

Deleted member 179

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know when to stop. Me and friends can be having a friendly debate or I can be trolling them for fun and I just keep going until I piss someone off, and I never realize it until it's too late.

Blairbat

Oct 29, 2017
Sacramento, California
I tend to overthink and catastrophize situations, which causes me depression, anxiety, and self-hatred. Of course, I will find out everything was fine and I'll feel stupid and embarrassed in the end plus a day wasted doing nothing but worrying. It all sucks really bad. It's not like I don't try to reason with my thoughts though, but it's like a tug of war in my head and it is all so exhausting.