• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
Me? JFK, hands down. I just spent 8 hours trying to get my son on a flight to Europe. It's a fucking disaster, barely adequate AC, crowded as shit, understaffed, nowhere to sit. By far the worst airport I've been in and I fly out of Philly regularly ffs

ChrisR

Oct 26, 2017
Kansas City. Built pre 9-11, so now when I left there was a security check with two gates behind it, had to leave and clear security again to get any food or walk around.

WTF

skipgo

Dec 28, 2018
The old Salgado Filho airport in Porto Alegre, Brazil.
It was an airport built in the 40s, got decommissioned when they built a new one (with the same name right next to it), and then brought back to use when the new one suddenly couldn't handle all the traffic.
It's a very cramped space that gets really hot during the summer and takes way too many flights compared to it's tiny size.

Jasconius

Oct 25, 2017
Albuquerque, NM
Gatwick... terrible walk through a bunch of stupid shops just to get out into the terminals, poorly placed food places, having to wait around to get gates assigned that are 10-mile walks from the main area... definitely the worst experience I've ever had in any airport by far.

Socivol

Oct 25, 2017
Laguardia's bathrooms smelled like urine so badly it made me heave. I tweeted them and let them know how disgusting it was.

Fumpster

Nov 4, 2017
Either LAX or the Montreal airport. Maybe Montreal is better now, but when I was there several years ago it was mindblowingly depressing there.

gforguava

Oct 25, 2017
If there is one worse than LAX or Laguardia out there then I am very, very impressed. I thought I had it bad with Logan but these two were something else.

GangWarily

Oct 25, 2017
O'Hare in Chicago was an absolute nightmare as an entry into the country for an international flight. I've vowed to never go through there if possible.

OP
OP
Captain Tuttle
Oct 27, 2017
Laguardia's bathrooms smelled like urine so badly it made me heave. I tweeted them and let them know how disgusting it was.
The bathroom I used at JFK was actually...not bad. Although the one I used previously was on the New Jersey Turnpike and when I left I knew the feeling Dante must of had as he and Virgil crawled out of Satan's asshole. I think it'll take a dozen hot showers to feel clean again

FF Seraphim

Oct 26, 2017
Tokyo
Moscow's. Nothing is worse having to do a transfer at that airport. Last time I was there the person checking passports was playing on their phone and they only had four security checks for five planes that landed.

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Yeah LAX was pretty messy.
The staff I talked to were nice though, they always pointed me in the right direction... which I needed every time because I was always lost or confused being there.

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
LAX replies I'm seeing means that my first impression were correct - to me it's the TJMaxx of airports.

Doran

Jun 9, 2018
Montréal-Pierre Elliott Trudeau International Airport

-Small, dirty bathrooms with huge lines
-Nowhere to sit if you are on a big plane, gates don't have enough seats
-Went to the restaurant and they were rude after we didn't speak french
-Charging station out of order

I haven't done LAX but this is the worst one I have been to in Canada.

Kraid

Oct 25, 2017
Cuck Zone
I don't mind LAX but it's overly crowded and security lines can be nutty. I despise O'Hare. Way too few schedule boards and no people movers. At least I can eat at Torta Frontera.

gdt

Oct 26, 2017
Either LAX or the Montreal airport. Maybe Montreal is better now, but when I was there several years ago it was mindblowingly depressing there.

Woaaahhhh I was at Montreal airport for 6 hours in May and it was great. Nice terminal and a great VIP lounge too. The 6 hours flew by.

rsfour

Oct 26, 2017
Don't remember the other US airports I've used, but the most recent ones were OHare, LAX, and the one Michigan.

I don't know why, but I remember the MI one being the best of them.

And man, lack of food choices, and every fucking place, even the same company, selling shit for different prices.

But yeah, maybe things are different in MI, was there in '13 maybe? While I was in O'Hare and LAX a few times the past few years.

Toronto's international terminal doesn't have much either.

Kevers

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Syracuse, NY
LAX but my only experience with it was my flight getting in late and having to run from one end of the airport to the other to barely catch my next flight.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't even go far as I had to stop at LAX to catch a plane to Hawaii, but from the short time I was there, I did not like LAX one bit.

djplaeskool

Oct 26, 2017
PHL (Philadelphia)
Cramped, aging, and oddly labyrinthine. Everything is off-site, so you basically have this strange archipelago of an airport, rental car lots, and a football stadium in an ugly ocean of industrial parks and smokestacks, all connected by an ungodly tangle of bridges and interstate interchanges.

The handful of times I've flown into California, I've always gone to ONT instead of LAX, by heavy recommendation, since those trips always took me into the Inland Empire, or further up I-15.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
Detroit.
Fuck. Everyone was miserable.
Yup. Never a fucking again! Felt like I had to walk miles inside the damn thing just to reach my terminal. I will never layover there again with two different airline companies.

Buy your tickets from the same airline! That way the terminals are usually right next to each other.

Richiek

Nov 2, 2017
Me? JFK, hands down. I just spent 8 hours trying to get my son on a flight to Europe. It's a fucking disaster, barely adequate AC, crowded as shit, understaffed, nowhere to sit. By far the worst airport I've been in and I fly out of Philly regularly ffs

LaGuardia is even worse than JFK, especially the Marine Air Terminal.

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
LAX is a fucking shithole and an absolute nightmare to drive into and out of

When I visit my relatives in the Los Angeles area, I make it a point to fly into John Wayne airport (if possible) rather than LAX. And yes, it's worth the extra money to get the peace of mind of not having to deal with LAX

Honorable mentions go to JFK and Miami

Tapiozona

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
JFK isn't even the worst airport in NYC. LaGuardia is the ultimate PoS airport and most people avoid it like the plague. It's not even subjective. LaGuardia blows

The other answer is Atlanta. It's the busiest airport in the US and it shows. I have TSA and Clear and I still have to wait in long ass lines for security. No other airport in the US comes close to the cluster there. Not to mention you have to take trains everywhere.

swift-darius

May 10, 2018
flying in and out of """london""" luton was always such a drag in uni (cheap flights though)

I remember rome's airport being super underwhelming at one point

SoundCheck

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I present you the AirTent
SLZ+e+Infraero+026.jpg

SLZ+e+Infraero+089.jpg

img_4804.jpg

img_4806.jpg

aeroporto.jpg

Last edited:

Voke

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Lagos nigeria, some security lady stole my headphones and tried to act dumb when I called her out on it. In retrospect this shit was kinda funny thi

Trickster

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
charles de gaulle airport

Was flying back from japan with my dad in 08 and had to do a layover. My dad was talking about how shit the airport was and how the awful the people working there were. I was saying to him that he was just stereotyping french people and that he was obviously overreacting.

Few hours later we arrive at the airport, and I proceed to spend the next 2 hours having everything my dad had been saying about the airport and the people working there 100% confirmed. Terrible layout and staff that was rude and very unwilling to help. Haven't been back and would actively avoid it in the future if possible

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Orlando was the last one I remember disliking.

Landed there and had to rush to a connecting flight, but it was at a different terminal which normally isn't an issue at other airports, but at Orlando I had to go through security again and nearly missed my flight.

Such a poor layout to have to re-do security just to get a connecting flight, especially somewhere with such massive theme parks like Universal and Disneyworld.