• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017

Hey everyone! We were so happy to finally announce Worms Rumble to our PlayStation fans back in July, and we have some more fantastic news to share with you today – Worms Rumble is launching December 1 on PlayStation 5 and PlayStation 4! We can't wait for you to jump in and join the fun!

And that's not all…

We are also happy to announce that Worms Rumble will have an open beta this November 6 – 8! Free to all PS+ subscribers, you can start honing your skills ahead of launch. We made sure that this real-time version Worms is easy to pick up and play but has a high skill ceiling, so it will take some time to master. Join us and get in early ahead of the competition come launch day!

Our beta version will have a small taste of what is to come in December, featuring:

• Three Game Modes (Deathmatch and our take on Battle Royale "Last Worm Standing" and "Last Squad Standing")
  • One Arena and Training Level
  • Our Full Launch Arsenal of Weapons (more information coming soon on these!)
  • Two Brand New Utilities – the Jetpack and Grapple Gun!

That's right! Our fan favourite Jetpack returns, allowing you to jet away from incoming fire and around the map, or swing into action with our new take on the classic Ninja Rope – the Grapple Gun!

With Worms coming into its 25th year, and fifth console generation for PlayStation, the mayhem has never looked so good. Harnessing the megaton power of the PS5, we have created the first 4K Worms experience with full crossplay support. Play with friends on PS5, PS4 and PC at launch!
blog.playstation.com

Worms Rumble rolls to PS5, PS4 December 1, open beta runs November 6-8

Employ an arsenal of outlandish weapons and pilot the fan-favorite jetpack in next month's open beta.

Chackan

Oct 31, 2017
What? That is not the Worms game I was expecting, but it sure got me interested lol

Heazy

IT Tech
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
London, UK
I don't like to wade in with negativity, but I played the closed beta / alpha whatever it was recently, and it was just really dull game.

Spaceroast

Oct 30, 2017
Still really confused by this. A free to play worms game is a decent idea but this isn't really the worms we all know and love.

admiraltaftbar

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Dec 9, 2017
Reminds me of Paradox Games' Showdown Effect which was a lot of fun. Shame it was unceremoniously shut down and unlisted like pretty much all paradox games' multiplayer games are.

Tagg

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
#NotMyWorms

Worms does not work in a real-time format.

SapientWolf

Nov 6, 2017
#NotMyWorms

Worms does not work in a real-time format.
Death Tank.

Reminds me of Paradox Games' Showdown Effect which was a lot of fun. Shame it was unceremoniously shut down and unlisted like pretty much all paradox games' multiplayer games are.
That game was my jam. The gunplay and action film theming were pitch perfect.

Worms Rumble sort of feels like Soldat's mechanics crossed with Showdown Effect's level design. I kind of wish they would lean harder in one direction or the other. But those are both solid games.

LetalisAmare

Oct 27, 2017
It's actually not bad. Really hectic at times and they did a good job of bringing across worms weapons and items into a game like this.

Not sure if it's something I'd buy though.