• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

CielTynave

Oct 25, 2017
Gotta say it's kind of nice hearing voice actors that typically only do work in Sentais Filmworks dubs appear in this.

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
I have completed the Oita stage, and now the two groups of children have been reunited. Should I play the Fukuoka stage, or can I continue with the next one?

HououinKyouma

The Wise Ones
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Surprised at how iffy this is reviewing. As someone who adores Zero Escape and Danganronpa, I still want to give it a shot at some point. I can usually overlook gameplay issues so long as the narrative is strong.

Namikaze

Oct 27, 2017
It looks like they added more chapters to the IOS version a few days ago. Can anyone confirm Apple Arcade now has all the chapters the Switch version has?

Herb Alpert

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Paris, France
I'm so-so so far. I like the road trip aspect and the characters and their interactions are Nice, but the gameplay is complete shit.
I'm still giving it the benefit of the doubt due to the pedigree of those involved though.

Jan 6, 2019
It looks like they added more chapters to the IOS version a few days ago. Can anyone confirm Apple Arcade now has all the chapters the Switch version has?
The ios version is the complete game now, with the same ending as the switch version. They even added in the English voice acting (previously it was just in Japanese on apple arcade version).

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
Had the game crash on me during
the crab boss fight.
Thankfully the game autosaves since I could not find where to make a manual save.

CielTynave

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck. Game literally crashed when I beat the final boss. Fortunately it saved, but the cut scenes that played afterwards were still part of the action stage and not the final scene. Guess I'll have to YouTube it...

Also did the recording studio for this really only get that tiny mention in the special thanks section of the credits? lol

Last edited:

benzopil

Oct 25, 2017
7 hours later and literally nothing happened in the game yet. If this is a 15 hour game then I have no idea why Danganronpa and 999 writers decided to make this, the story is kinda embarrassing so far.

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Woof, we've almost finished it but my partner has dropped off it so fucking hard, considering both Kodaka and Uchikoshi's games are some of his favourites... he absolutely hates it.

I don't hate it, but it's a very weak game for sure. What a disappointment after waiting all these years.

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
I don't know how it is possible, but
somehow, since the beginning of the game, I had the impression that only few characters were able to hear and talk with Vanilla. And now.. I found out that it is true! The strange thing is that it wasn't hinted so strongly, so I am surprised this idea came up to me.

Last edited:

Iori Fuyusaka

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I typically love these type of games, but after reaching the true end in under 10 hours (the length is fine), I have to say I hated my time with World's End Club.

As everyone knows the "action" segments are atrocious. The problem is, the story isn't good enough to redeem them.

I went into this game expecting something on the level of A.I. The Somnium Files and left thoroughly disappointed.

At no point did WEC offer any cool WTF moments, which is what I come to these games for.

The best part of the game is in the first hour and once you leave the underwater theme park, the rest of the game is lacking.

I expected better from this pedigree.

Really disappointed.

Dash Kappei

Nov 1, 2017
So, if I only play my Switch in portable mode and with digital purchases, what are (if there are any) the reasons I should fork €40 to play this on NSW instead of just subbing to Apple Arcade for a month for €5?

Does it still support older phones like iPhone 7/8 on iOS?

edit: sheeeeeeeit reading Iori Fuyusaka comments really put a dump on my excitement for the game

1upsuper

Jan 30, 2018
There's an underwater theme park in this game? Uchikoshi clearly can't let Ever17 go, so it'd sure be nice to get a modern release of that game.

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
finished it

it was okay... Nice and charming, but i can't recommend it at full price

The gameplay is absolute dogshit, it has no reason to exists and i don't understand why they just didn't get rid of it, nobody in their right mind would consider this good!

The story has some twist but it's more of an adventure with a group of friends! The group itself is really nice, everyone interacts together and have good chemistry

it's a cool adventure and a nice little story, i wouldn't be against more adventures like this, but in the end the game is just okay!

Altough i really fell in love with the main theme, the go-getter club anthem (GANBARE GUMI!)

This one is soooo relaxing and cute!

And even if it's a bit cheesy, when you hear the full theme with everyone, i couldn't help but smile

Alent

Oct 28, 2017
Finished in 16 hours. It was a fun little romp with some problems, but overall i enjoyed my time with it. The story wasn't mindblowing and i predicted everything but the art style and characters were all so charming and cute i didn't care. It's the only game from Kodaka and Uchokishi that i didn't dislike any of the characters. Whatever Too Kyo Games makes next i hope it's as charming.

fundogmo

Oct 25, 2017
I had a really great time with this game. Nothing will take you by surprise if you've played any of his other games, but he's got an underrated skill for writing dumb characters. Instead of just one or two, this time his entire cast is made up of dumb babies on a road trip together, rising tandem bikes and singing a corny club anthem. Every moment not spent doing janky platforming was just filled with nonstop charm.

Time to listen to the OST on loop as I nervously hope it did well enough for TooKyo to continue doing whatever they want to do.

atomsk

Oct 28, 2017
finished it in about 10 hours. is there any reason to complete the sticker book? I'm missing 2 but would rather not have to do the platforming again.

enjoyed the story, gameplay was a clunky mess

JODOROWSKY51

Nov 19, 2017
London...
So… I absolutely adored this game! It was utterly charming!

And I think… it might be my favourite Uchikoshi experience. It's in no way better than 999/VLR, but it was just so much fun and had so much heart! Love all the characters so much.

Jun Fukuoka did an amazing job with the OST, and you know what… even though the gameplay was mediocrity, I would gladly play it again in the future to experience it again.

I just hope that the next Tookyo project either has better gameplay or they cut it out completely.

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I finished this the other day and ended up actually really liking it. I found a lot of the characters grew on me quite a bit by the end of the first few hours. All the intimate campfire segments were really enjoyable and the overall story was fun enough. Pretty feel good game and just a neat subversion of the killing game thing.