• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

World War Z vs L4D 2

• World War Z

Votes: 34 10.3%
  • L4D 2

Votes: 261 79.3%
  • L4D 1

Votes: 34 10.3%

• Total voters

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
With the chance we may never see Left 4 Dead 3 again. What is the better co op zombie horde shooter? I like just the sheer amount of zombies WWZ throws at you, but i don't really care for the special enemies like with L4D. And the levels seem really short in WWZ :(

Last edited:

Vinnyboy007

Nov 1, 2017
I love the Left 4 Dead games and will be trying World War Z because it is free this week on Epic Games Store.

Drain You

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Connecticut
I downloaded World War Z on gamepass a couple weeks ago and it seemed pretty fun, but only played it once or twice. Prefer L4D games over it though. I should give it another chance.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
wwz isnt a bad game but l4d1/2 is a game design masterclass, some of the finest coop games ever made. its no contest really.

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I really like WWZ but Left 4 Dead 2 is simply brilliant. Plus the mod support is insane. Folks are still making new content for it to this day.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Left 4 Dead 2 and it isn't even close. WWZ is neat but the level design doesn't come close and the absurd grind really puts me off. Also L4D2 has amazing mod support.

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
What made the L4D games great to me and my friends was the Vs. mode. Playing as special infected and coordinating our attack was always a blast.

L4D1 is actually my favorite. Loved that we could have 2 hunters at once. I also liked that we could melee as much as we like.

Garrison

Oct 27, 2017
L4d2 is one of my favorite games of all time, the co-op gameplay is something I can go back into at any time even to this day. I haven't tried WWZ thou but I got it from the Epic games store. Looking forward to trying it out for sure.

I think you are not going to get much of a real answer here as for the most part most people haven't tried WWZ and LFD2 is like a staple in the genre TBH.

Deleted member 54292

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 27, 2019
L4D2 is one of my favorite games ever. From what I've played of WWZ it's actually pretty solid. The hordes are definitely awesome.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
I've always believed Versus is what helped L4D in the long term. PvE just gets boring after a while since you can start to predict AI behavior.

WWZ didn't have Versus. Instead it had a half baked PvP with your standard TDM and Dom.

Back 4 Blood is supposed to be the spiritual succesor to L4D, so it will be real interesting to see how that turns out.

blitzblake

Banned
Jan 4, 2018
Even on the easiest mode I struggle to compete a level in world war z, it's like 90% of the level isn't even chanllenging and then suddenly it goes up to overwhelmingly difficult.

ViewtifulJC

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
op this like comparing a DTV low budget b-movie vs a Hollywood blockbuster directed by our finest filmmakers.

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
I'd take Left 4 Dead 2 over WWZ, but WWZ is definitely a bit underrated.

That being said, if you play these games to have fun killing zombies, Killing Floor 1 and 2 are far, far more satisfying games to play. The shooting in L4D2 feels incredibly limp compared to KF.

OP
OP
TaySan

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Even on the easiest mode I struggle to compete a level in world war z, it's like 90% of the level isn't even chanllenging and then suddenly it goes up to overwhelmingly difficult.
Some of the horde parts get pretty insane.

op this like comparing a DTV low budget b-movie vs a Hollywood blockbuster directed by our finest filmmakers.
This is like not fair to WWZ and also insulting to LFD bravo op lol
WWZ isn't that bad guys lol it just feels a bit copy and paste.

Arulan

Oct 25, 2017
It's not close at all. Both Left 4 Dead games are some of the best co-op games ever.

If you want to try something different, but similar to Left 4 Dead I'd go with Warhammer: Vermintide 2.

Surface of Me

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
One has Versus mode, the other does not, the choice is clear.

All the L4D inspired games just forget about Versus mode.

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
Even if L4D2 didn't have the awesome modding community, it's still the better game in every way. With that said though, WWZ is very good and better than I think anyone expected.

YukiroCTX

Prophet of Regret
Oct 30, 2017
I'd say L4D2 but in terms of the Zombie genre in general, PVP is where it's at and The best experiences I've ever had anything to do with Zombies and online are with the Zombie mods in CSGo ZM or ZE. There were some great communities there and it was surprisingly well balanced and the fun was players always being tempted, taking risks or just destroying each others bunkers.

Deleted member 2533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just tried out WWZ a little bit, and it seems to be some pretty linear levels with horde defense points. I like L4D more because it's about navigating a level. Same reason I prefer Vermintide to Killing Floor.

NutterB

Oct 27, 2017
I enjoyed WWZ, however the gimick of holding out against large waves until objective completes multiple times during a level got old.

At least L4D had reasons to why the horde would be alerted to you and its an FPS which by default in this case wins.

Oct 25, 2017
Running and gunning in Left 4 Dead is one of my favorite gaming experiences of all time. No contest.

L4D1 actually has a spookier atmosphere and tighter gameplay overall so that was my choice. L4D2 has tons of content though so I totally get why most people would pick that.

I still want Left 4 Dead 3. Hell, I would buy VR for it...

Oct 27, 2017
Left 4 Dead 2 is one of the greatest zombie games, and greatest co-op games of all time. It also now includes all of L4D if I remember correctly.

gnomed

Oct 28, 2017
US
The first L4D was definitely something my friends and I latched on at the time. It was probably the last hurrah from what I can remember for all my gaming friends. Either from growing up or moving on, we never got into L4D2 as much as the first.

But currently, I have a small group that have been playing WWZ since the December sale except we've been having issues with lost saves and having to regrind which zaps all the fun from doing a few rounds of the Horde mode.

OP
OP
TaySan

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Guess i'm in the minority that I like WWZ more

Hell I like Killing Floor 1/2 more than L4D
Now Killing Floor 2 is pretty great. Love the gore physics.
I'd say L4D2 but in terms of the Zombie genre in general, PVP is where it's at and The best experiences I've ever had anything to do with Zombies and online are with the Zombie mods in CSGo ZM or ZE. There were some great communities there and it was surprisingly well balanced and the fun was players always being tempted, taking risks or just destroying each others bunkers.
Zombie mode along with surf maps are the best things to come out of CS.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
Vermintide is missing in the polls my dude.

I know it's not zombies, but it's a very good follow up for folks who like left 4 Dead.